Ecolab Interview Questions

2.9

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in September 2013.

Very smooth interview process. One on campus interview followed by multiple online assessments. Was invited to a site interview and a plant tour at the Sugar Land facility a week later. An additional three interviews on-site as well as a networking meet-and-greet session. Quick turn around. Was notified a week after the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work for Ecolab and what are you looking to gain in your first job after college?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ecolab.

Took my resume at my college's career fair and was asked to come in for an interview. Interview was about 10 different situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • All situational questions about showing leadership, fixing a problem, working with others, etc. These questions were all very similar so it was hard to give a different answer for each.   Answer Question

Shared Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in June 2013.

Application via website -- took 2 different tries to get noticed - position was open for 5months. Networked with former co-worker who had connections at company which helped get my name to the top of the list -- had phone interview -- then testing and interview with HR then interview with 3 supervisors..

Interview Questions
    • No questions too difficult - was just honest about my qualifications and desires for the job   View Answer
    no negotiation - offer was acceptable so I accepted.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ecolab.

Multiple ways to get a job - as an internal employee with MBA, Lateral Industry Hires converting Full Time MBA internship (via referal or on-campus) or campus recruitment for 2nd year students. For Full Time Interview process - there are 2 rounds - 1. School Campus/MBA conference and 2. Interviews at Ecolab Corporate Center.
    Culture: Sales Heavy
    Skills Required: Prior Sales Experience+ MBA+ B2B Marketing Mindset + Leadership Skills
    Experience Required: 4+ years prior to MBA for fresh graduates, 5+years experience for Non MBA (Industry Hires or Part Time MBA)
    Interview Questions: Mostly Behavioral ( interesteds in knownig the situation, what you did and what was the result)

Interview Questions
    • What are the three things you would like improve when you join Ecolab?   Answer Question
    Salary is generally non negotiable. Slight chance of negotiation in joining and relocation bonus

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ecolab in May 2013.

Currently going through review process. Very college, past experience, license and criminal record very thoroughly. Looking forward to the phone screening. But have to complete online assessment of 100 questions. Wow.

Uncomplicated.

Blended Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab.

Be Clean Sharp attentive, Expect to do a ride along! Try to do what the trainer shows you without being ask. Learn the 5 factors of clean,
    1 Time
    2 Temperature
    3 Wash Action
    4 chemical
    5 Proper Procedures!
    Have fun! If its something you're interested in ask questions, understand the word titration!
    Have a Plan execute the Plan.

Interview Questions
    • Know electricity Safety, Lock out Tag out! Always wear a Tie and white shirt, this may change after you're hired!   View Answer

Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab.

Interviews are typically done in a hotel room. If they ask you leave in the first 10 minutes you didn't get the job. If they like you, you do a ride along for half a day with no pay. If you pass the ride along you have a second interview with mid level manager.

they give you an offer, take it or leave it

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in April 2013.

Applied online and received a call 2 weeks later HR. asked alot of questions about my experience in the industry. Wanted to know how I would handle a stressful situation and what was the most rewarding thing I had ever done. A week later I had a face to face interview with the district and regional manager. Same questions but the job was postponed due to budget cuts.

Territory Representative Interview

Minimal in a hotel lobby

Senior Financial Analyst - Pest Elimination Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in March 2013.

I was contacted for a phone screen via an email from a recruiter's secretary. A phone call would have been more professional. The recruiter was very disorganized, talked randomly and scattered about a variety of topics, and overall came off as being in over her head - as if she had never interviewed anyone before in her life. At the conclusion of the phone screen she said if I didn't hear from her or the hiring manager in a week to set up a first round interview I should follow up with her via email. I did this for 3 WEEKS in a row. She responded each time that the hiring manager was traveling and it would be another week. One time she responded to my email by calling me by someone else's name, so obviously others were following up with her as well. After the 4th email she didn't respond and I gave up. Overall my experience with Ecolab was negative, the recruiter was unprofessional, and disrespectful. It takes 5 seconds to respond to an email, btw. NO ONE is so important that they should think that they don't have a responsibility to respond to correspondence. She also needs to be better prepared for conducting phone screens.