Ecolab Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Senior Customer Service Repsentative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab (Martinsburg, WV) in November 2014.

Interview

First interview was with three people. Direct manager, his counterpart on a different shift and a representative from HR. Asked standard questions. Nothing designed to catch you off guard. All were encouraging. Next step was one on one interview with Logistica Manager. Very warm and engaging. Asked questions that I felt were right on target and showed understanding of what type of individual would do well in the position. Next was an online personality test. Whole process took about 3 months. Concluded with drug screening,

Interview Questions

• Whay was most difficult business challenge you have ever faced.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ecolab (Jackson, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

I have applied online, it took almost 10 days to reach the step to be interviewed by Area Manager (AM) but I threw a towel before I see the AM by withdrawing the application. First telephone interview by a HR personnel from St.Paul, MN & then with a District Manager (DM) face-to-face at a Courtyard Hotel. Interview questions about your education, work history & looking to see if you're mechanically inclined person or not. Not difficult & typical interview questions They say you'll be in "Sales" too but don't believe that, as I understand %80 of the job which is "Service" meaning you go to restaurants & repair their dishwasher & you're on call 24 hours from M-F in your territory & every rotating 4-weekend in very large territory area, lots of driving. I really don't mind being on-call every 4th weekend but I do hate the idea being on call 24-hour from M-F in my territory. You can not make any plan with your family, your friends ....end of your social life & now you're a property of Pure Force / Ecolab. According to the time you put in (from leaving home to coming back home) which is not typical 40-hour job, my guess is 60+ hours. They offer me $45,000/year, either they don't math or the company thinks we are very stupid !... On the average you would actually work minimum 65 hours/week, with the simple math $45,000/52= $865.38, hourly rate would be $13.31 (865.38/65). Being away from your home & family. Amount of compensation does not just cut this kind of work, not to mention terrible work/life balance ratio plus you'll probably get divorced from your wife too. I am asking now myself, is it really worth it ?

Interview Questions

• DM asked me "There are approximately 20 working days in a month, if you want to visit & do Preventive Maintenance for your top 100 customers in your territory, 6 customers/day (assuming that there is no emergency service call/s), how would you manage your time among customers? If you have extra time, what would you do ?   1 Answer

Ridiculously unmanageable customers in one territory, being on-call 24/7 & relatively low salary.

Route Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Quite Long ... Phone Interview, DM Interview if you pass phone interview. Ride along with rep (generally won't let you ride with experienced honest associates) where you are encouraged to ask questions and see if you think the job is for you. The RSM position is very mechanical versus sales. There is overtime (you don't get paid for that as Ecolab feels that because you get paid commision, you get paid 24/7/365.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult or unexpected questions. You must have sales and mechanical experience. This is especially important for RSM as it is much more mechanical than sales. Most sales are already made for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. Ecolab has an attitude that if you don't like it, we can find someone else.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab in August 2014.

Interview

It was a complete joke. There was zero communication between the various departments. It is very obvious it's a god ole boys network. Human Resources was completely clueless. The only reason in which HR was involved was because they wanted to feel important. This was the exact words out of the Regional Managers mouth.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior based questions. Tell me about a time.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Very nice people at corporate, took care of everything to come interview They flew me in and gave me an interview after several phone interviews. they were very upfront about the situation.

Field Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

A very intense interviewing your back ground, physical test, last employers, Credit history. What can you bring to Ecolab to make it an success. You as a whole employee you will have to work independent alot and make dicisions as its your own personal company.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing with Ecolab in future interests, job promotions & job advancements?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their really wasn't any negotiating to receive the job offer is already approved by upper management on salary, schedules and training.

Interview

Fast response to my application, human resources did a phone interview, then one in the office with a manger then a ride along, seemed like everything was good then no contact.

Interview Questions

• none of the questions were difficult, it seemed more geared towards turning me away from the job   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Was hired after temping for them for six months, their hiring process is not fast, it takes a while to get approval for the person depending on the position. The interviews were not difficult, but they were scheduled for a full day of interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, negotiation are possible

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks total from beginning to end for the interview process. I applied on Indeed.com, HR contacted me 2 weeks later, I interviewed with the Area Manager and District Manager then had to do a shadowing of an employee to see if I'd enjoy the job.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was more to see if I could fit in with the company. They didn't ask the normal what is your weakness, your strength questions. They sincerely wanted to get to you you as a person.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

It's a lengthy process from the time you interview to the time you get hire on. Ecolab likes to have the candidate interview with 5 different people on the same day. Each person that you interview with asked different questions and serve a different purpose. Be prepare and sound sincerely in your answers.