Ecolab

Getting the Interview

91 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in May 2009.

Interview Details – My interview was over six years ago at an Applebee's during lunch.
I was very unusually, They seemed more interested in my personal life. Most of the things I was promised were never given.

Interview Question – What kind of awards had I won   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really anything to negotiate on. My only regret is that now kids walking in with no experience make 5k more than me.

Territory Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview Details – Same questions as other have mentioned. It's always the same phone call with HR, then a 1 on 1, and a last interview.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, always the same   Answer Question

Supply Chain Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview Details – I had an initial one on one interview on campus with a recruiter and an HR manager. Interview was fairly laid back. Questions included a few behavioral type questions as well as some general background information about yourself and previous work experience.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had a conflict that you had to resolve? and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview Details – Met with a recruiter on campus and was able to get an interview over the phone the following week.

Interview Question – Talk about a time in which you had to change priorities in the middle of a project.   Answer Question

Territory Manager

I applied through other source and interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then one face to face at a Denny's.

Interview Question – None, same as all interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Territorial Sales Representative Interview

Olympia, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Ecolab in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, no response or feedback for several weeks. I then saw a company rep at a job fair and mentioned my application. I received a call several days later to follow online instructions to complete a drivers licences check and complete a online assessment. Both easy to accomplish. If you pass the online test you will be screened on a phone interview that is established when the hiring rep calls you.

The phone interview went well. They follow a checklist of questions that ask about why you are interested in the company, do you have sales experience, have you ever explained something in detail to someone who does not have any knowledge of what you are talking about etc. They asked a lot of background questions about past jobs. It was an easy, relaxed interview. In the end she explained the training program and the benefits. I asked questions to get most of this information.

All in all the interview went well in my opinion and she said she would refer me to the territory manger for another interview to be scheduled in several days. I never got a call back. Hot and cold, mixed signals, not sure. I have moved on.

Interview Question – Have you ever explained something in detail to someone who does not have any knowledge of what you are talking about etc. give an example.   Answer Question

Hospitality Territory Manager Interview

Hospitality Territory Manager
Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source and interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview Details – Submitted Resume via internal contact from previous employer. Called by local District Manager after about 6 weeks to schedule interview. Past experience in related field worked to my advantage.

Interview Question – Usual - focus on sales experience and personal history. College degree required. Good lunch provided. Had to buy my first suit. was among several candidates being considered.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None - take it or leave it. The offer is low, but potential for income growth is high - plus great benefits (Company Car!).

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Ecolab in September 2009.

Interview Details – Total process took over 6 months, 2 rounds of day long interivews, interviewed by 11 people ultimately

Interview Question – nothing unusual   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flexible on pay and vacation

Production Quality Interview

Joliet, IL

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in March 2008.

Interview Details – Intensive, but every interviewer ended positively. Cannot believe or take to the bank what any manager will ever tell you one on one at this place.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it, the only thing negotiable appeared to be dates and time of work.

Very Easy Interview

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received email within the hour requesting phone interview in about 3 days. Had the phone interview, then met District Manager for 1 on 1 interview. Rode with TSR for a day in the field to see how I would like it. Was made a verbal offer and started within 2 weeks after MVR was done, background check and drug test completed.

Interview Question – Just your basic kind of question, like you had an upset customer complaining about an invoice. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was given an offer and that was it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ecolab