Ecolab

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ecolab.

Same questions as other have mentioned. It's always the same phone call with HR, then a 1 on 1, and a last interview.

Supply Chain Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ecolab.

I had an initial one on one interview on campus with a recruiter and an HR manager. Interview was fairly laid back. Questions included a few behavioral type questions as well as some general background information about yourself and previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had a conflict that you had to resolve? and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ecolab.

Met with a recruiter on campus and was able to get an interview over the phone the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time in which you had to change priorities in the middle of a project.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ecolab.

Phone interview, then one face to face at a Denny's.

No negotiation

Hospitality Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ecolab.

Submitted Resume via internal contact from previous employer. Called by local District Manager after about 6 weeks to schedule interview. Past experience in related field worked to my advantage.

Interview Questions
    • Usual - focus on sales experience and personal history. College degree required. Good lunch provided. Had to buy my first suit. was among several candidates being considered.   Answer Question
    None - take it or leave it. The offer is low, but potential for income growth is high - plus great benefits (Company Car!).

Territorial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Ecolab in November 2012.

Applied online, no response or feedback for several weeks. I then saw a company rep at a job fair and mentioned my application. I received a call several days later to follow online instructions to complete a drivers licences check and complete a online assessment. Both easy to accomplish. If you pass the online test you will be screened on a phone interview that is established when the hiring rep calls you.

The phone interview went well. They follow a checklist of questions that ask about why you are interested in the company, do you have sales experience, have you ever explained something in detail to someone who does not have any knowledge of what you are talking about etc. They asked a lot of background questions about past jobs. It was an easy, relaxed interview. In the end she explained the training program and the benefits. I asked questions to get most of this information.

All in all the interview went well in my opinion and she said she would refer me to the territory manger for another interview to be scheduled in several days. I never got a call back. Hot and cold, mixed signals, not sure. I have moved on.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever explained something in detail to someone who does not have any knowledge of what you are talking about etc. give an example.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ecolab in November 2012.

Had the first interview after an engineering career fair, was mostly company knowledge questions (why you want to work for boston, why this position, etc.). Was referred to a recruiter in the location I wanted and kept in contact but then they slowly stopped responding regarding that position.

Route Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in June 2012.

Posts on Ecolab.com/Careers or Careerbuilder, First is phone screening (Sales background, driver history - if you have a DUI or similar on your record even more than 15 years ago good luck, Technical ability) then the online assessment and after that it's a face to face with the District Manager (how's your selling ability, background, why Ecolab), then it's a face to face with the Area Manager for the same thing. If you're lucky like me they did the interview together as a group panel interview (shaves off a week) followed by an unpaid full day ride along (wear a collared button up shirt preferably white with navy dickies because the rep will bring you into accounts and have you help sometimes and you don't want to mess up your business clothes) then it's the drug/background/driving record tests and a few days or a week later it was the offer

Interview Questions
    • "Try and sell me something", Explain your selling process   View Answer
    There is no negotiating, for my area it was 42k a year (real salary is 7k the rest was commission)

Route Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in May 2012.

Submitted a resume' online via monster.com. Received a phone call from an Ecolab HR recruiter 3 days later. I spent 1 hour on the phone with them 2 days later interviewing for the company. It was more or less a screening for an interview to judge if I was intelligent and had adequate people skills. I was told that I would be hearing from a District Manager in a few days to set up an interview. 2 or 3 days passed by and received an email from the DM to call him so I could set up a time to interview with him. The interview went very well and the DM was very professional but made me feel comfortable.I was then asked to interview with the Area Manager a couple of days later. I was then asked to take a physical and drug screen. I was hired roughly 3 weeks after I applied for the position.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult or unexpected quesstions   View Answer
    This is what we are going to pay you, take it or leave it.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in April 2012.

Applied online, received email within the hour requesting phone interview in about 3 days. Had the phone interview, then met District Manager for 1 on 1 interview. Rode with TSR for a day in the field to see how I would like it. Was made a verbal offer and started within 2 weeks after MVR was done, background check and drug test completed.

Interview Questions
    • Just your basic kind of question, like you had an upset customer complaining about an invoice. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was given an offer and that was it.