Ecolab

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.9

Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab.

Interviews are typically done in a hotel room. If they ask you leave in the first 10 minutes you didn't get the job. If they like you, you do a ride along for half a day with no pay. If you pass the ride along you have a second interview with mid level manager.

they give you an offer, take it or leave it

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in April 2013.

Applied online and received a call 2 weeks later HR. asked alot of questions about my experience in the industry. Wanted to know how I would handle a stressful situation and what was the most rewarding thing I had ever done. A week later I had a face to face interview with the district and regional manager. Same questions but the job was postponed due to budget cuts.

Territory Representative Interview

Minimal in a hotel lobby

Senior Financial Analyst - Pest Elimination Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in March 2013.

I was contacted for a phone screen via an email from a recruiter's secretary. A phone call would have been more professional. The recruiter was very disorganized, talked randomly and scattered about a variety of topics, and overall came off as being in over her head - as if she had never interviewed anyone before in her life. At the conclusion of the phone screen she said if I didn't hear from her or the hiring manager in a week to set up a first round interview I should follow up with her via email. I did this for 3 WEEKS in a row. She responded each time that the hiring manager was traveling and it would be another week. One time she responded to my email by calling me by someone else's name, so obviously others were following up with her as well. After the 4th email she didn't respond and I gave up. Overall my experience with Ecolab was negative, the recruiter was unprofessional, and disrespectful. It takes 5 seconds to respond to an email, btw. NO ONE is so important that they should think that they don't have a responsibility to respond to correspondence. She also needs to be better prepared for conducting phone screens.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ecolab.

Same questions as other have mentioned. It's always the same phone call with HR, then a 1 on 1, and a last interview.

Supply Chain Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ecolab.

I had an initial one on one interview on campus with a recruiter and an HR manager. Interview was fairly laid back. Questions included a few behavioral type questions as well as some general background information about yourself and previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had a conflict that you had to resolve? and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ecolab.

Met with a recruiter on campus and was able to get an interview over the phone the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time in which you had to change priorities in the middle of a project.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ecolab.

Phone interview, then one face to face at a Denny's.

No negotiation

Hospitality Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ecolab.

Submitted Resume via internal contact from previous employer. Called by local District Manager after about 6 weeks to schedule interview. Past experience in related field worked to my advantage.

Interview Questions
    • Usual - focus on sales experience and personal history. College degree required. Good lunch provided. Had to buy my first suit. was among several candidates being considered.   Answer Question
    None - take it or leave it. The offer is low, but potential for income growth is high - plus great benefits (Company Car!).

Territorial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Ecolab in November 2012.

Applied online, no response or feedback for several weeks. I then saw a company rep at a job fair and mentioned my application. I received a call several days later to follow online instructions to complete a drivers licences check and complete a online assessment. Both easy to accomplish. If you pass the online test you will be screened on a phone interview that is established when the hiring rep calls you.

The phone interview went well. They follow a checklist of questions that ask about why you are interested in the company, do you have sales experience, have you ever explained something in detail to someone who does not have any knowledge of what you are talking about etc. They asked a lot of background questions about past jobs. It was an easy, relaxed interview. In the end she explained the training program and the benefits. I asked questions to get most of this information.

All in all the interview went well in my opinion and she said she would refer me to the territory manger for another interview to be scheduled in several days. I never got a call back. Hot and cold, mixed signals, not sure. I have moved on.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever explained something in detail to someone who does not have any knowledge of what you are talking about etc. give an example.   Answer Question