Ecolab Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.8

Executive Supply Chain Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

The initial phone interview was with a person in the recruiting department. Ecolab likes to understand current compensation levels and requirements up front. The initial face-to-face interview was with the hiring manager. This interview was focused on qualifications and fit. The next rounds of interviews consisted of two 1/2 days in the office speaking with folks on the team and key stakeholders. Each interview was a little different but generally focused on skills and fit. I interviewed with 10 employee total. At this point the interviews were finished but Ecolab also required a comprehensive professional assessment for this job band, which consisted of personality profiling, critical reason/logic/quantitative tests/vocabulary tests, a business case study which consisted of timed written assignments and a live mock interview, and an interview with their 3rd party team (about 12 hours of total time). The offer process was very long and required additional internal approvals which apparently are not granted with the initial job req. The time between their decision to make an offer and the final reply was about three weeks. Unfortunately, their final reply was to halt the offer process. No explanation was provided and none of my follow up inquiries were responded to. They went from preparing my offer package to going completely silent and unresponsive. I was disappointed in the way handled the conclusion of the process. All that said, those interviewing with Ecolab should understand that an Ecolab offer is not a guaranteed job. I recommend you balance that fact against other potential job offers and respective decision deadlines that you may have available. I turned down a great offer in anticipation of the Ecolab offer and did not end up with either position.

Interview Questions

• Ecolab likes to hold all the card for compensation negotiation. I was surprised how much detail they required on current and previous compensation packages. They did not want to be the first to propose salary and bonus numbers.   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

They use "Targeted Selection" questions for their interviews (behavioral interviewing i.e. tell me a time when....what did you do about it?). Several interview rounds before offer is made. Kind of lengthy time frame - first it was a phone interview then a one on one with several people and finally a call back for a one on one with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, in hindsight I wish I would have as I found out later I was at the bottom of the pay range and it is nearly impossible to get decent raises.

Manager Financial Analyst Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

I attended one day career interview event and got interviewed with three different people during that day. They were all from different finance functions from the company. Each interview lasted for about 30-40 minutes and most of the questions were generic questions, not many tough ones. The second of the day, they took you to a R&D center and showed you the history of the company. No written test was required for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Tell me how you accomplish a big project and how do you overcame the challenges.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I had two rounds of interview. One with technical lead and one with hiring manager. Technical lead asked me about all the technologies I worked and asked to solve some sample problems. Manager asked me generally about how i get involved with the team, do I like work as a team or individual. I answered satisfactory and was given the job in one week.,

Interview Questions

• I did not feel that there was any unexpected questions or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Long process with multiple interviews with different people. Some were informal while others were behavioral (give me a scenario of when you did xyz).Time consuming and draining.

Entry Level (for A New Position Being Created) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Interview

Everyone in the office dressed in business formal. The interview took about 2 hours. I spent one hour with a manager and one hour with his boss. One explained about the company and asked me about my resume, while the other asked me theoretical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.   1 Answer

MBA Finance Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

recruiting on campus, there were 2 back to back 30 minutes interviews. First one was behavioral, walk me through your resume, tell me of a time when you worked in a team, etc... The second one was a short technical briefing of basic finance and business concepts, explain briefly what is an income statement and how you build one, difference between balance sheet, income statement and cash flows. Then a brief case question involving the performance analysis of 2 products based on some financial information (costs, revenues and some ratios)

Interview Questions

• The second one was a short technical briefing of basic finance and business concepts, explain briefly what is an income statement and how you build one, difference between balance sheet, income statement and cash flows. Then a brief case question involving the performance analysis of 2 products based on some financial information (costs, revenues and some ratios)   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Very smooth interview process. One on campus interview followed by multiple online assessments. Was invited to a site interview and a plant tour at the Sugar Land facility a week later. An additional three interviews on-site as well as a networking meet-and-greet session. Quick turn around. Was notified a week after the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Ecolab and what are you looking to gain in your first job after college?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab in September 2013.

Interview

I did one phone screen and then got interview invite in person at a job fair. The phone screen was behavioral and the personal interview was a little bit more technical but nothing too much. It was more like some financial case and required some understanding about the industry - which I'm not very well prepared. I think better preparation could help you succeed, unlike me.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Took my resume at my college's career fair and was asked to come in for an interview. Interview was about 10 different situational questions.

Interview Questions

• All situational questions about showing leadership, fixing a problem, working with others, etc. These questions were all very similar so it was hard to give a different answer for each.   Answer Question