Ecolab

Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Territory Sales Manager
Asheville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied via Indeed.com for a Territory Sales position. I had a phone interview, which led to an interview with a District Manager and a Regional Director. The phone interview was pretty typical--why are you interested in Eco Lab, what experience do you have, etc. The panel interview was rather informal and went well. I was one of 3-4 candidates. I specifically asked at the close of the interview if I would be notified of the decision regardless of outcome. I was told by the DM that he would be back in touch personally in the next 3 days (a Friday). Friday came and went and there was no word, I let it go until Monday afternoon and contacted the DM ( I made sure I got his card and number). He was out so I left a message. A couple more days passed with no word. I sent an e-mail to him--no response. I sent a follow up e-mail and copied the Regional Director. I finally got an e-mail from the DM after that, at which point he informed me they chose someone else and he stated that he never said he'd get back to me. He also stated that apparently I was not interested in being part of his "development bench" since I was so impatient with him. Not a good finish to an otherwise promsing interview.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Internship Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ecolab in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty easy: he just asked a series of behavioral-based questions. The recruiter seemed completely uninterested throughout the interview process, and I was very turned off to the company. I was told I could expect to hear back in about 2 weeks. I followed up two weeks later and weekly every week after that, and never heard back. About a month and a half later, I got the email saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in October 2010.

Interview Details – On campus interview and was flown to the headquarters. They have a recruitment day where they bring in 10-12 potential candidates. The whole process was handled with class and a great day.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit here?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Ultimately received a better offer with a higher salary and more travel options.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ecolab in June 2009.

Interview Details – First after applying online I had a brief phone interview which was mainly when could I could come, when could I start, was I ok with a drug test, etc. Then the actual interview fist went to HR and did a typing test. Then had to do one of the personality type questionnaires. ThenI met one on one with the HR rep. Finally she took me to the cust service dept and met with two of the managers there. They asked more about my experience dealing with people, and computers, that type of stuff. I was offered the job at the end of the interview, though I do know some people who didnt hear back for 2-3 weeks before being offered the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time dealing with an angry/upset customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

District Service Manager Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in December 2010.

Interview Details – I had 3 phone interview and one in person interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about an situation where you where able to overcome a bad situation.   View Answer
  • What have you done to keep up with technology   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for a salary and they offered 2k over what I asked for

Route Sales Manager Interview

Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in July 2009.

Interview Details – In person meeting with Area Route Manager. He approved of my hiring and signed me up for employment. I then attended a week long orientation in St Paul, MN and a month later a one week training class in Chicago.

Interview Question – Do you feel that you can manage your time wisely. If so, then how would you?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ecolab in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a HR rep the day after I sent in my application and then had a phone interview set up 5 days after. I had the phone interview and I thought it went really well but unfortunately did not get a call back.

Interview Questions

MBA Marketing Interview

MBA Marketing
Minneapolis, MN

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ecolab in April 2010.

Interview Details – Good company - nice people. They didn't provide any feedback. I would have enjoyed working with them although i don't know if i would have liked the job

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ecolab in October 2009.

Interview Details – On campus interview at target school with alum that works for Ecolab. If you are selected to move on, you go to a full career day at Ecolab headquarters where you complete 3 half-hour interviews with senior level management. The interview centers completely around situational questions like, "describe a time you faced a challenge at work and overcame it and what was the outcome."

Interview Question – "Describe a time you faced adversity in the workplace and how you overcame it. What was the result?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for an internship position.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in November 2009.

Interview Details – Met with divsional GM and Director of Marketing. Asked questions about resume and background.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in taking a position that is a downgrade in title?   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ecolab