Ecolab

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ecolab in June 2009.

Interview Details – First after applying online I had a brief phone interview which was mainly when could I could come, when could I start, was I ok with a drug test, etc. Then the actual interview fist went to HR and did a typing test. Then had to do one of the personality type questionnaires. ThenI met one on one with the HR rep. Finally she took me to the cust service dept and met with two of the managers there. They asked more about my experience dealing with people, and computers, that type of stuff. I was offered the job at the end of the interview, though I do know some people who didnt hear back for 2-3 weeks before being offered the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time dealing with an angry/upset customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

District Service Manager Interview

District Service Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in December 2010.

Interview Details – I had 3 phone interview and one in person interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about an situation where you where able to overcome a bad situation.   View Answer
  • What have you done to keep up with technology   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for a salary and they offered 2k over what I asked for

Route Sales Manager Interview

Route Sales Manager
Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in July 2009.

Interview Details – In person meeting with Area Route Manager. He approved of my hiring and signed me up for employment. I then attended a week long orientation in St Paul, MN and a month later a one week training class in Chicago.

Interview Question – Do you feel that you can manage your time wisely. If so, then how would you?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ecolab in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a HR rep the day after I sent in my application and then had a phone interview set up 5 days after. I had the phone interview and I thought it went really well but unfortunately did not get a call back.

Interview Questions

MBA Marketing Interview

MBA Marketing
Minneapolis, MN

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ecolab in April 2010.

Interview Details – Good company - nice people. They didn't provide any feedback. I would have enjoyed working with them although i don't know if i would have liked the job

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Financial Analyst Intern
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ecolab in October 2009.

Interview Details – On campus interview at target school with alum that works for Ecolab. If you are selected to move on, you go to a full career day at Ecolab headquarters where you complete 3 half-hour interviews with senior level management. The interview centers completely around situational questions like, "describe a time you faced a challenge at work and overcame it and what was the outcome."

Interview Question – "Describe a time you faced adversity in the workplace and how you overcame it. What was the result?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for an internship position.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in November 2009.

Interview Details – Met with divsional GM and Director of Marketing. Asked questions about resume and background.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in taking a position that is a downgrade in title?   View Answers (2)

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager
Detroit, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Ecolab in January 2009.

Interview Details – Started with a phone call by an HR person to screen me for the position. Asked if I mind wearing a tie 3 times, not sure if he was very experienced. Then a call be a District Manager to set up a meeting. Dont think the DM knew how to interview very well. Asked if I knew about the company, I suggest reading the website .

Interview Question – Do you know what we do ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Told him I needed to make 40k - 50k per year. offer was 35k to train. been training for one year... still same pay. Little bit in commissions, no one is buying much these days

Service Technician Interview

Service Technician
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in February 2010.

Interview Details – The process was a typical large company hiring process. You have to post your resume and other forms to their website before anything else. I also had to take two tests and fill out 6or 7 more forms online. HR was very fast getting to me though. I had a response e-mail same day and a phone interview two days later. Then the physical interview the beginning of next week.

Interview Question – What was the hardest experience you had to overcome while employed at XYZ Company?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ecolab in November 2008.

Interview Details – First you go through a phone interview with HR. They ask you the basic interview questions (Strengths, Weaknesses, Background, etc..). They also ask you situational interview questions. If you pass the phone interview, you meet/interview with your immediate manager. The interview typically last about 2 hours. If you pass that you go on a feild ride and then one last interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you had to manage a team through a difficult situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question