Ecolab Interview Questions in Minnesota

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.8

Senior IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Horrible process and even after outstanding feedback from hiring manager no response later. Even after multiple follow-ups there was no response. They should have the courtesy to let the candidate know what they are no longer interested. Horrible experience. Others should be wary of specific timeline of when the next steps would be taken and when they expect to hear back, if at all.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job an want to leave your precious job   1 Answer

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Eagan, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online at the Ecolab careers website. I received an email from an Ecolab recruiter within about 2 weeks. I had a phone interview with the recruiter. I was then invited for an onsite interview with the hiring manager and a panel of employees I would work with.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research for someone with a non-science background in 15 seconds or less.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

It's a lengthy process from the time you interview to the time you get hire on. Ecolab likes to have the candidate interview with 5 different people on the same day. Each person that you interview with asked different questions and serve a different purpose. Be prepare and sound sincerely in your answers.

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

They use "Targeted Selection" questions for their interviews (behavioral interviewing i.e. tell me a time when....what did you do about it?). Several interview rounds before offer is made. Kind of lengthy time frame - first it was a phone interview then a one on one with several people and finally a call back for a one on one with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, in hindsight I wish I would have as I found out later I was at the bottom of the pay range and it is nearly impossible to get decent raises.

Manager Financial Analyst Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

I attended one day career interview event and got interviewed with three different people during that day. They were all from different finance functions from the company. Each interview lasted for about 30-40 minutes and most of the questions were generic questions, not many tough ones. The second of the day, they took you to a R&D center and showed you the history of the company. No written test was required for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Tell me how you accomplish a big project and how do you overcame the challenges.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Long process with multiple interviews with different people. Some were informal while others were behavioral (give me a scenario of when you did xyz).Time consuming and draining.

Entry Level (for A New Position Being Created) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Interview

Everyone in the office dressed in business formal. The interview took about 2 hours. I spent one hour with a manager and one hour with his boss. One explained about the company and asked me about my resume, while the other asked me theoretical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.   1 Answer

Shared Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Eagan, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

Application via website -- took 2 different tries to get noticed - position was open for 5months. Networked with former co-worker who had connections at company which helped get my name to the top of the list -- had phone interview -- then testing and interview with HR then interview with 3 supervisors..

Interview Questions

• No questions too difficult - was just honest about my qualifications and desires for the job   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation - offer was acceptable so I accepted.

Senior Financial Analyst - Pest Elimination Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screen via an email from a recruiter's secretary. A phone call would have been more professional. The recruiter was very disorganized, talked randomly and scattered about a variety of topics, and overall came off as being in over her head - as if she had never interviewed anyone before in her life. At the conclusion of the phone screen she said if I didn't hear from her or the hiring manager in a week to set up a first round interview I should follow up with her via email. I did this for 3 WEEKS in a row. She responded each time that the hiring manager was traveling and it would be another week. One time she responded to my email by calling me by someone else's name, so obviously others were following up with her as well. After the 4th email she didn't respond and I gave up. Overall my experience with Ecolab was negative, the recruiter was unprofessional, and disrespectful. It takes 5 seconds to respond to an email, btw. NO ONE is so important that they should think that they don't have a responsibility to respond to correspondence. She also needs to be better prepared for conducting phone screens.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ecolab (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

MBA on campus

Interview Questions

Didn't wanted to relocate to Minnesota