Ecolab Interview Questions in Minnesota

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Ecolab.

They use "Targeted Selection" questions for their interviews (behavioral interviewing i.e. tell me a time when....what did you do about it?). Several interview rounds before offer is made. Kind of lengthy time frame - first it was a phone interview then a one on one with several people and finally a call back for a one on one with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, in hindsight I wish I would have as I found out later I was at the bottom of the pay range and it is nearly impossible to get decent raises.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab.

Long process with multiple interviews with different people. Some were informal while others were behavioral (give me a scenario of when you did xyz).Time consuming and draining.

Entry Level (for A New Position Being Created) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Everyone in the office dressed in business formal. The interview took about 2 hours. I spent one hour with a manager and one hour with his boss. One explained about the company and asked me about my resume, while the other asked me theoretical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.   Answer Question

Shared Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in June 2013.

Application via website -- took 2 different tries to get noticed - position was open for 5months. Networked with former co-worker who had connections at company which helped get my name to the top of the list -- had phone interview -- then testing and interview with HR then interview with 3 supervisors..

Interview Questions
    • No questions too difficult - was just honest about my qualifications and desires for the job   View Answer
    no negotiation - offer was acceptable so I accepted.

Senior Financial Analyst - Pest Elimination Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in March 2013.

I was contacted for a phone screen via an email from a recruiter's secretary. A phone call would have been more professional. The recruiter was very disorganized, talked randomly and scattered about a variety of topics, and overall came off as being in over her head - as if she had never interviewed anyone before in her life. At the conclusion of the phone screen she said if I didn't hear from her or the hiring manager in a week to set up a first round interview I should follow up with her via email. I did this for 3 WEEKS in a row. She responded each time that the hiring manager was traveling and it would be another week. One time she responded to my email by calling me by someone else's name, so obviously others were following up with her as well. After the 4th email she didn't respond and I gave up. Overall my experience with Ecolab was negative, the recruiter was unprofessional, and disrespectful. It takes 5 seconds to respond to an email, btw. NO ONE is so important that they should think that they don't have a responsibility to respond to correspondence. She also needs to be better prepared for conducting phone screens.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab in January 2012.

MBA on campus

Interview Questions

Didn't wanted to relocate to Minnesota

Financial Analyst Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ecolab in October 2011.

The interview was pretty easy: he just asked a series of behavioral-based questions. The recruiter seemed completely uninterested throughout the interview process, and I was very turned off to the company. I was told I could expect to hear back in about 2 weeks. I followed up two weeks later and weekly every week after that, and never heard back. About a month and a half later, I got the email saying they were pursuing other candidates.

District Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in December 2010.

I had 3 phone interview and one in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about an situation where you where able to overcome a bad situation.   View Answer
    • What have you done to keep up with technology   View Answer
    I asked for a salary and they offered 2k over what I asked for

MBA Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab in April 2010.

Good company - nice people. They didn't provide any feedback. I would have enjoyed working with them although i don't know if i would have liked the job

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in November 2009.

Met with divsional GM and Director of Marketing. Asked questions about resume and background.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in taking a position that is a downgrade in title?   View Answers (2)