Ecolab

Updated Aug 2, 2014
Updated Aug 2, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Route Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab.

Quite Long ... Phone Interview, DM Interview if you pass phone interview. Ride along with rep (generally won't let you ride with experienced honest associates) where you are encouraged to ask questions and see if you think the job is for you. The RSM position is very mechanical versus sales. There is overtime (you don't get paid for that as Ecolab feels that because you get paid commision, you get paid 24/7/365.

Interview Questions
  • There are no difficult or unexpected questions. You must have sales and mechanical experience. This is especially important for RSM as it is much more mechanical than sales. Most sales are already made for you.   Answer Question
Very little negotiation. Ecolab has an attitude that if you don't like it, we can find someone else.

Other Interview Reviews for Ecolab

Route Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ecolab.

It took 5 interviews and a ride along, then they told me I had to wait 2 months before I could start. When I started my trainer was on vacation and I was put with a guy who had only been with the company for 6 months or so. My boss had VERY little contact with me leaving me to the trainers way of doing things. Worst 4 months (thats how long training is) of my life. A lot of whole lies and half truths...

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions... my boss isn't great at thinking outside of the box, unless it helps himself   Answer Question
    They make the pay so confusing, you will never FULLY understand it, and you will get boned at some point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in June 2012.

Posts on Ecolab.com/Careers or Careerbuilder, First is phone screening (Sales background, driver history - if you have a DUI or similar on your record even more than 15 years ago good luck, Technical ability) then the online assessment and after that it's a face to face with the District Manager (how's your selling ability, background, why Ecolab), then it's a face to face with the Area Manager for the same thing. If you're lucky like me they did the interview together as a group panel interview (shaves off a week) followed by an unpaid full day ride along (wear a collared button up shirt preferably white with navy dickies because the rep will bring you into accounts and have you help sometimes and you don't want to mess up your business clothes) then it's the drug/background/driving record tests and a few days or a week later it was the offer

Interview Questions
    • "Try and sell me something", Explain your selling process   View Answer
    There is no negotiating, for my area it was 42k a year (real salary is 7k the rest was commission)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in May 2012.

Submitted a resume' online via monster.com. Received a phone call from an Ecolab HR recruiter 3 days later. I spent 1 hour on the phone with them 2 days later interviewing for the company. It was more or less a screening for an interview to judge if I was intelligent and had adequate people skills. I was told that I would be hearing from a District Manager in a few days to set up an interview. 2 or 3 days passed by and received an email from the DM to call him so I could set up a time to interview with him. The interview went very well and the DM was very professional but made me feel comfortable.I was then asked to interview with the Area Manager a couple of days later. I was then asked to take a physical and drug screen. I was hired roughly 3 weeks after I applied for the position.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult or unexpected quesstions   View Answer
    This is what we are going to pay you, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in July 2009.

In person meeting with Area Route Manager. He approved of my hiring and signed me up for employment. I then attended a week long orientation in St Paul, MN and a month later a one week training class in Chicago.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel that you can manage your time wisely. If so, then how would you?   Answer Question

Route Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ecolab in April 2011.

30 minute phone interview

Route Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in February 2008.

Initially, I did a phone interview with someone from the HR department. Following that, I had an interview with an area manager. Finally, I took a drug test and background check and was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think that you could perform this job well?   Answer Question
    none