Ecolab

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Territory Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview Details – It took about 3 weeks total from beginning to end for the interview process. I applied on Indeed.com, HR contacted me 2 weeks later, I interviewed with the Area Manager and District Manager then had to do a shadowing of an employee to see if I'd enjoy the job.

Interview Question – The interview process was more to see if I could fit in with the company. They didn't ask the normal what is your weakness, your strength questions. They sincerely wanted to get to you you as a person.   Answer Question

Territorial Sales Representative Interview

Territorial Sales Representative
Olympia, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Ecolab in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, no response or feedback for several weeks. I then saw a company rep at a job fair and mentioned my application. I received a call several days later to follow online instructions to complete a drivers licences check and complete a online assessment. Both easy to accomplish. If you pass the online test you will be screened on a phone interview that is established when the hiring rep calls you.

The phone interview went well. They follow a checklist of questions that ask about why you are interested in the company, do you have sales experience, have you ever explained something in detail to someone who does not have any knowledge of what you are talking about etc. They asked a lot of background questions about past jobs. It was an easy, relaxed interview. In the end she explained the training program and the benefits. I asked questions to get most of this information.

All in all the interview went well in my opinion and she said she would refer me to the territory manger for another interview to be scheduled in several days. I never got a call back. Hot and cold, mixed signals, not sure. I have moved on.

Interview Question – Have you ever explained something in detail to someone who does not have any knowledge of what you are talking about etc. give an example.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Territory Sales Representative
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received email within the hour requesting phone interview in about 3 days. Had the phone interview, then met District Manager for 1 on 1 interview. Rode with TSR for a day in the field to see how I would like it. Was made a verbal offer and started within 2 weeks after MVR was done, background check and drug test completed.

Interview Question – Just your basic kind of question, like you had an upset customer complaining about an invoice. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was given an offer and that was it.

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!