Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Ecolab
- Territory Manager (14)
- Route Sales Manager (9)
- Territory Representative (8)
- Territory Sales Manager (7)
- Territory Sales Representative (3)
- Assistant Marketing Manager (3)
- Route Manager (3)
- Territory Sales (2)
- Financial Analyst (2)
- Pest Control Technician (2)
- Sales Engineer (2)
- Sales (2)
- Internship (2)
- Account Manager (2)
- District Manager Pest Elimination (2)
- Senior Area Manager - South East Asia (1)
- Human Resources/C&B (1)
- Pure Force Territory Representative (Sales & Service) (1)
- Pest Route Technician (1)
- Technical Engineer III (1)
- Sales Reresentative, Pest Control (1)
- Senior Customer Service Repsentative (1)
- Sales Service Route Tech (1)
- Route Service Specialist (1)
- Territory Manager (Hospitality/Foodservice) (1)
- Route Sales Representative (1)
- Development Program (1)
- Marketing Associate (1)
- Marketing Director (1)
- Technician (1)
Territory Sales Representative Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab in March 2015.
The interview was straightforward. What are your weaknesses, what accomplishments do you have, what was most challenging in a certain part of a job. She also asked why I left certain jobs and if I left because I needed certain experience because I needed to move into a higher up position.
- They went through my resume and asked about each job experience. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Ecolab
Territory Sales Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab.
It took about 3 weeks total from beginning to end for the interview process. I applied on Indeed.com, HR contacted me 2 weeks later, I interviewed with the Area Manager and District Manager then had to do a shadowing of an employee to see if I'd enjoy the job.
- The interview process was more to see if I could fit in with the company. They didn't ask the normal what is your weakness, your strength questions. They sincerely wanted to get to you you as a person. Answer Question
Territorial Sales Representative InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Ecolab (Olympia, WA) in November 2012.
Applied online, no response or feedback for several weeks. I then saw a company rep at a job fair and mentioned my application. I received a call several days later to follow online instructions to complete a drivers licences check and complete a online assessment. Both easy to accomplish. If you pass the online test you will be screened on a phone interview that is established when the hiring rep calls you. The phone interview went well. They follow a checklist of questions that ask about why you are interested in the company, do you have sales experience, have you ever explained something in detail to someone who does not have any knowledge of what you are talking about etc. They asked a lot of background questions about past jobs. It was an easy, relaxed interview. In the end she explained the training program and the benefits. I asked questions to get most of this information. All in all the interview went well in my opinion and she said she would refer me to the territory manger for another interview to be scheduled in several days. I never got a call back. Hot and cold, mixed signals, not sure. I have moved on.
- Have you ever explained something in detail to someone who does not have any knowledge of what you are talking about etc. give an example. Answer Question
Territory Sales Representative InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ecolab (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.
Applied online, received email within the hour requesting phone interview in about 3 days. Had the phone interview, then met District Manager for 1 on 1 interview. Rode with TSR for a day in the field to see how I would like it. Was made a verbal offer and started within 2 weeks after MVR was done, background check and drug test completed.
- Just your basic kind of question, like you had an upset customer complaining about an invoice. How did you handle it? Answer Question
No negotiation. I was given an offer and that was it.