Ecolab Territory Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.7

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

phone interview, district manager interview, area manager interview, day in the field

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a customer calls during diner and has a dish machine down   2 Answers

Negotiation

no real negotiation. it was take it or leave it

Other Interview Reviews for Ecolab

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a call 2 weeks later HR. asked alot of questions about my experience in the industry. Wanted to know how I would handle a stressful situation and what was the most rewarding thing I had ever done. A week later I had a face to face interview with the district and regional manager. Same questions but the job was postponed due to budget cuts.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Same questions as other have mentioned. It's always the same phone call with HR, then a 1 on 1, and a last interview.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ecolab.

Interview

Phone interview, then one face to face at a Denny's.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ecolab in February 2011.

Interview

Extensive interview. 1 by phone and 2 in person as well an assessment test. Interviewed with different levels of management. The questions were not difficult and the setting for the interview was comfortable. Before you get hired, you are asked to spend a day in the field to see what takes place in the field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab (San Antonio, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I personally did an internship before being hired full time by the company. Usually a typical interview process will go through the district manager and if they think you are a good fit you will go on a ride along for a day to see what a "typical" day will look like.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about my knowledge of tools and systems more than I was about my sales experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ecolab (Chicago, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

My interview was over six years ago at an Applebee's during lunch. I was very unusually, They seemed more interested in my personal life. Most of the things I was promised were never given.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really anything to negotiate on. My only regret is that now kids walking in with no experience make 5k more than me.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ecolab (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR rep the day after I sent in my application and then had a phone interview set up 5 days after. I had the phone interview and I thought it went really well but unfortunately did not get a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ecolab (Detroit, MI) in January 2009.

Interview

Started with a phone call by an HR person to screen me for the position. Asked if I mind wearing a tie 3 times, not sure if he was very experienced. Then a call be a District Manager to set up a meeting. Dont think the DM knew how to interview very well. Asked if I knew about the company, I suggest reading the website .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Told him I needed to make 40k - 50k per year. offer was 35k to train. been training for one year... still same pay. Little bit in commissions, no one is buying much these days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Ecolab (Miami, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

Very long ( about 6 months), lots of technical and psychological tests, several interviews, the first with HR, which is vital and useless, because they can shut you down, but once you pass trough them the decision is made by the hiring manager, the position is a SALES position, where you also need to have or be able to learn a lot of technicalities, about the position

Interview Questions

• On my final interview I was asked by the Area Manager: What is the thing that like LEAST, of working here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a $30,000/ year base salary, but was able to push it up to $36,000