Ecolab Territory Sales Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab.

Arduous at best

Interview Questions
  • How do resolve internal conflict amongst management with field sales staff?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ecolab

Anonymous Employee  in  Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in September 2011.

I applied via Indeed.com for a Territory Sales position. I had a phone interview, which led to an interview with a District Manager and a Regional Director. The phone interview was pretty typical--why are you interested in Eco Lab, what experience do you have, etc. The panel interview was rather informal and went well. I was one of 3-4 candidates. I specifically asked at the close of the interview if I would be notified of the decision regardless of outcome. I was told by the DM that he would be back in touch personally in the next 3 days (a Friday). Friday came and went and there was no word, I let it go until Monday afternoon and contacted the DM ( I made sure I got his card and number). He was out so I left a message. A couple more days passed with no word. I sent an e-mail to him--no response. I sent a follow up e-mail and copied the Regional Director. I finally got an e-mail from the DM after that, at which point he informed me they chose someone else and he stated that he never said he'd get back to me. He also stated that apparently I was not interested in being part of his "development bench" since I was so impatient with him. Not a good finish to an otherwise promsing interview.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

The same as any other professional interview. Be sharp and ready for anything.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ecolab.

Phone interview, followed by an inperson interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy process, but if your in sales you should be able to talk your way around just about anything.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ecolab in November 2011.

Was offered a telephone interview two days in advance of the interview date. Phone promptly rang at the agreed-upon time and an HR representative introduced herself and explained how long the call would take (30 mins) and what would take place. She proceeded to ask me a series of standard interview questions...a Google search for "Top 20 Interview Questions" will give you all you need. Although I did a lot of company research, no questions were asked of me where I could show off what I knew. Questions were followed by a very thorough description of what the job would entail, benefits, advancement opportunities, training details, etc. I was told I could expect to hear back within the next week or two as to whether I will be moving forward in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a situation where I lost a customer or a business opportunity.   Answer Question
    • I was asked what accomplishment I am most proud of.   Answer Question
    • I was asked for my biggest weakness.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to describe a difficult challenge I faced at work.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ecolab in August 2010.

Started with a very friendly phone interview based on my online application and resume. Received online requests for background/driving record, online testing (about an hour long) and statements that I would not divulge info gained during the interview process. After doing well on this, a 1 on 1 interview with the local manager. Next step was a ride along with a territory manager. Final interview with a regional manager.

Interview Questions

Worked for Ecolab? Contribute to the Community!