Ecology and Environment

Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ecology and Environment

Biologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Ecology and Environment.

Had three interviews over several months, which they told me was not typical (spread out over 5 months or so). They were in the process of restructuring. Although I didn't end up getting the position, everyone I spoke to/interviewed with were extremely nice. No complaints. I never found out salary or any specifics.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult questions, the interview process was really a 'this is what we do, can you do it' type interview. No ridiculous scenario questions, or weakness/strength questions. Pretty easy interviewing process. Seemed like a great company to work for, unfortunately someone else had a little bit more experience in what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ecology and Environment in March 2014.

They called me on a Morning of Tuesday and have asked a lot of my back ground. "Did you have the experience of field work or data analysis? Do you love field work? Why do you choose to work in the field?"

Environmental Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ecology and Environment in August 2008.

I was interviewed by the office manager told me about the company, the position, and the type of environmental work they do. The position I was interviewing for was doing NEPA work on US military installations. The interviewer asked me general questions about my experience in the environmental field. No questions really stand out. He did seem concerned about the fact that I lived approximately an hour drves fromt he office and wanted to know if I planned to relocate to be closer to the office. I replied that I would consider relocating if offered the position. At the end of the interview he lead me around the office and introduce me to the other employees in the office.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with with NEPA?   View Answer
    • I noticed that you live about an hour away from the office. Would you be willing to relocate to Virginia Beach?   View Answer

Environmental Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ecology and Environment.

One interview with two senior consultants. Very relaxed and easy questions. We spent the entire morning and early afternoon together and the whole thing was pretty informal. Sometimes it felt like it wasn't even an interview. Prior to that, I spoke with HR on the phone and it was a very easy conversation to have.

Interview Questions
    • There were no seriously difficult questions, they wanted to know about my writing skills and wanted me to draft document but we never got around to it.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate without a problem and got what I wanted... in retrospect I wish I had negotiated a little harder.