Economical Insurance Group

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Economical Insurance Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – it's a 3-4 week process, kinds of slow. Normally you can't negotiate the salary, but you can try if you get the offer. Phone interview by HR with some questions of your resume, Interview 1:1 by service manager with lots of behaviour questions, not easy.

Interview Question – what's your lease complishment in the previous job?   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Underwriting Assistant
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Economical Insurance Group in June 2012.

Interview Details – first got the phone call from leader to schedule date to interview , and interview 1:1 for twice after 2weeks got the phone call and confired which day come to work .

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Underwriting Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Economical Insurance Group.

Interview Details – Typical questions. Why economical? Why the insurance industry? First interview was done over the phone. After the phone interview I was asked to fill out a data entry test as well as a personality assessment.

Interview Question – The HR recruiter asked if I would have a problem purchasing a parking pass at my own expense (Approx $20/month).   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Economical Insurance Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and I received a call asking me to come in for an interview about 2 weeks later. It was a panel consisting of 2 interviewers. The interview was about 45 minutes long and the questions were the usual type. There was nothing unexpected and the interviewers were very nice and accommodating. I received a call 2 weeks later with the news that I was unsuccessful. However, the interviewer couldn't have been nicer about it and even encouraged me to apply in the future as I had some great qualities they were looking for.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that a co-worker shared something inappropriate with you. What did you do?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Claims Interview

Claims

Interview Details – Dreadful process from interview to last day of work. No one knows what they are doing.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult personal situation and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non Negotiable

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Economical Insurance Group.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the department administrative assistant via phone to set up an in-person interview. I was interviewing with another company at the time, and Economical moved their interview schedules up to coordinate with my other interviews. The interviewers were very friendly, and were very open about what their timelines for getting back to me would be.

Interview Question – In general, the interview was pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Claim Representative Interview

Claim Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Economical Insurance Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – Advertised, one interview with Team Lead. Read from a list of questions supplied by HR. After interview they made an offer, no negotiating on terms such as salary, vacation or benefits, it was a take it or leave it situation.

Interview Question – Which manager in the past did you not get along with and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation accepted at all.

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst

Interviewed at Economical Insurance Group

Interview Details – Very slow and painful.

Interview Question – standard behavoural questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – wasn't very pleasant. They wanted someone like me with a vast amount of relevant experience but didn't want to pay for it. Took a few tries. Walked away twice before getting what I wanted.

Solutions Designer Interview

Solutions Designer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Economical Insurance Group in January 2009.

Interview Details – The process is straightforward. First a HR guy called me and asked several HR questions. Several days later, they told to have a on-site interview. A resource manager, a technical leader and a service manager interviewed me. They asked some OB questions and also technical questions, not very hot questions. The interviewers were friendly and nice. I like them.

Interview Question – What kind of change you had ever suggested in your previous company?   Answer Question

Worked for Economical Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!