Economical Insurance Group

Updated May 26, 2014

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Economical Insurance Group in May 2010.

it's a 3-4 week process, kinds of slow. Normally you can't negotiate the salary, but you can try if you get the offer. Phone interview by HR with some questions of your resume, Interview 1:1 by service manager with lots of behaviour questions, not easy.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Economical Insurance Group in June 2012.

first got the phone call from leader to schedule date to interview , and interview 1:1 for twice after 2weeks got the phone call and confired which day come to work .

Underwriting Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Economical Insurance Group.

Typical questions. Why economical? Why the insurance industry? First interview was done over the phone. After the phone interview I was asked to fill out a data entry test as well as a personality assessment.

Interview Questions
    • The HR recruiter asked if I would have a problem purchasing a parking pass at my own expense (Approx $20/month).   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Economical Insurance Group in January 2014.

I applied online and I received a call asking me to come in for an interview about 2 weeks later. It was a panel consisting of 2 interviewers. The interview was about 45 minutes long and the questions were the usual type. There was nothing unexpected and the interviewers were very nice and accommodating. I received a call 2 weeks later with the news that I was unsuccessful. However, the interviewer couldn't have been nicer about it and even encouraged me to apply in the future as I had some great qualities they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that a co-worker shared something inappropriate with you. What did you do?   View Answer

Claims Interview

Dreadful process from interview to last day of work. No one knows what they are doing.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult personal situation and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    Non Negotiable

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Economical Insurance Group.

Was contacted by the department administrative assistant via phone to set up an in-person interview. I was interviewing with another company at the time, and Economical moved their interview schedules up to coordinate with my other interviews. The interviewers were very friendly, and were very open about what their timelines for getting back to me would be.

Claim Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Economical Insurance Group in February 2010.

Advertised, one interview with Team Lead. Read from a list of questions supplied by HR. After interview they made an offer, no negotiating on terms such as salary, vacation or benefits, it was a take it or leave it situation.

Interview Questions
    • Which manager in the past did you not get along with and why.   Answer Question
    No negotiation accepted at all.

Technical Analyst Interview

Very slow and painful.

Interview Questions
    wasn't very pleasant. They wanted someone like me with a vast amount of relevant experience but didn't want to pay for it. Took a few tries. Walked away twice before getting what I wanted.

Solutions Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Economical Insurance Group in January 2009.

The process is straightforward. First a HR guy called me and asked several HR questions. Several days later, they told to have a on-site interview. A resource manager, a technical leader and a service manager interviewed me. They asked some OB questions and also technical questions, not very hot questions. The interviewers were friendly and nice. I like them.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of change you had ever suggested in your previous company?   Answer Question

Worked for Economical Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!