Economical Insurance Group

2.9

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

It only took me 20 seconds after meeting the senior hiring manager to decide that I wasn't interested in working for Economical. He treated other employees rudely before we even started the interview!

Reading between the lines of what he and another manager described as the job description, they wanted an experienced technical lead to come in and clean up the mess that they had created, and if you failed you would be the fall-guy. It was a perfect setup, but absolutely disgraceful behaviour. Oh, and apparently people/groups refused to speak to each other so the role also required a talent for walking through political mine fields. Unbelievable! I was so disgusted I simply through the interview, and acted like I didn't know anything which shut it down.

Interview Questions
    • Translating what they really meant was the only challenge, but it wasn't that difficult to decipher.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Economical Insurance Group in September 2014.

contact you via email, phone interview, and then in person interview.
    they explained to you what the job entails in the phone interview, after you got the email for second round, you need to complete a personality test, at the in person interview, they ask you mostly behaviour questions.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Economical Insurance Group.

Typical questions. Why economical? Why the insurance industry? First interview was done over the phone. After the phone interview I was asked to fill out a data entry test as well as a personality assessment.

Interview Questions
    • The HR recruiter asked if I would have a problem purchasing a parking pass at my own expense (Approx $20/month).   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Economical Insurance Group in January 2014.

I applied online and I received a call asking me to come in for an interview about 2 weeks later. It was a panel consisting of 2 interviewers. The interview was about 45 minutes long and the questions were the usual type. There was nothing unexpected and the interviewers were very nice and accommodating. I received a call 2 weeks later with the news that I was unsuccessful. However, the interviewer couldn't have been nicer about it and even encouraged me to apply in the future as I had some great qualities they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that a co-worker shared something inappropriate with you. What did you do?   View Answer

Claims Interview

Dreadful process from interview to last day of work. No one knows what they are doing.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult personal situation and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    Non Negotiable

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Economical Insurance Group.

Was contacted by the department administrative assistant via phone to set up an in-person interview. I was interviewing with another company at the time, and Economical moved their interview schedules up to coordinate with my other interviews. The interviewers were very friendly, and were very open about what their timelines for getting back to me would be.

Technical Analyst Interview

Very slow and painful.

Interview Questions
    wasn't very pleasant. They wanted someone like me with a vast amount of relevant experience but didn't want to pay for it. Took a few tries. Walked away twice before getting what I wanted.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Economical Insurance Group in June 2012.

first got the phone call from leader to schedule date to interview , and interview 1:1 for twice after 2weeks got the phone call and confired which day come to work .

Claims Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Economical Insurance Group in June 2010.

The interview takes place with the hiring manager and another team leader. The questions are behaviour based. There is an initial phone interview in some cases. Depending on how familiar your are with this type of interview your interview can be short or longer. Questions are typically similar to this. What is a situation where you initially failed and then succeeded, what steps did you take to recover and what did you learn from this experience

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you struggle with? / what is your worse trait? How do you plan to overcome this   Answer Question
    I was offered a contract position with no benefits, I negotiated the salary and it was fairly simple

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Economical Insurance Group in May 2010.

it's a 3-4 week process, kinds of slow. Normally you can't negotiate the salary, but you can try if you get the offer. Phone interview by HR with some questions of your resume, Interview 1:1 by service manager with lots of behaviour questions, not easy.