Economical Insurance Group

2.9

Commercial Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

The whole qualifying process with Economical has been quite upsetting or even humiliating. There was the telephone interview, a lengthy personality assessment test, two different typing tests, one Q & A interview digging out how you dealt with difficult former co-worker(s), or difficult situation based on real experiences from previous insurance companies, etc.etc.. They required three references too.

I achieved my CIP designation and I have more than five (5) years of experience working as a Commercial Underwriting Assistant. They didn't even ask to see my CIP certificate. They turned me down!! I asked why, they only provided a blanket statement!!

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

It only took me 20 seconds after meeting the senior hiring manager to decide that I wasn't interested in working for Economical. He treated other employees rudely before we even started the interview!

Reading between the lines of what he and another manager described as the job description, they wanted an experienced technical lead to come in and clean up the mess that they had created, and if you failed you would be the fall-guy. It was a perfect setup, but absolutely disgraceful behaviour. Oh, and apparently people/groups refused to speak to each other so the role also required a talent for walking through political mine fields. Unbelievable! I was so disgusted I simply through the interview, and acted like I didn't know anything which shut it down.

Interview Questions
    • Translating what they really meant was the only challenge, but it wasn't that difficult to decipher.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Economical Insurance Group in September 2014.

contact you via email, phone interview, and then in person interview.
    they explained to you what the job entails in the phone interview, after you got the email for second round, you need to complete a personality test, at the in person interview, they ask you mostly behaviour questions.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Economical Insurance Group.

Typical questions. Why economical? Why the insurance industry? First interview was done over the phone. After the phone interview I was asked to fill out a data entry test as well as a personality assessment.

Interview Questions
    • The HR recruiter asked if I would have a problem purchasing a parking pass at my own expense (Approx $20/month).   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Economical Insurance Group in January 2014.

I applied online and I received a call asking me to come in for an interview about 2 weeks later. It was a panel consisting of 2 interviewers. The interview was about 45 minutes long and the questions were the usual type. There was nothing unexpected and the interviewers were very nice and accommodating. I received a call 2 weeks later with the news that I was unsuccessful. However, the interviewer couldn't have been nicer about it and even encouraged me to apply in the future as I had some great qualities they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that a co-worker shared something inappropriate with you. What did you do?   View Answer

Claims Interview

Dreadful process from interview to last day of work. No one knows what they are doing.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult personal situation and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    Non Negotiable

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Economical Insurance Group.

Was contacted by the department administrative assistant via phone to set up an in-person interview. I was interviewing with another company at the time, and Economical moved their interview schedules up to coordinate with my other interviews. The interviewers were very friendly, and were very open about what their timelines for getting back to me would be.

Technical Analyst Interview

Very slow and painful.

Interview Questions
    wasn't very pleasant. They wanted someone like me with a vast amount of relevant experience but didn't want to pay for it. Took a few tries. Walked away twice before getting what I wanted.

Underwriter Interview

The process takes me about 1 month. 2 phone screening -- I rejected the office site of the 1st one, they assigned me to another office near where I live, and then on-site interview. The offer came in writing. I was too innocent to accept the job without any negotiation.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Economical Insurance Group in June 2012.

first got the phone call from leader to schedule date to interview , and interview 1:1 for twice after 2weeks got the phone call and confired which day come to work .