Economists Inc

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Economists Inc in January 2014.

Interview Details – Initially applied through my university's jobs board. A few weeks later I had a phone interview which consisted mostly of questions about my background. These focused on my experience working with datasets and doing basic quantitative work. About a week after that I received a call asking me to come to their offices for a final interview (which took place about a month later). The in-person interview day was very pleasant. I never felt under pressure and wasn't caught off-guard by anything. There was an initial catching-up interview with a current RA, followed by interviews with the Vice President, a senior economist, and a group of current RAs. Questions from each interview again focused on background/fit with the organization and experience working with/manipulating quantitative data (especially data provided by a client).

Interview Question – Questions were straightforward - just know your resume and projects you've worked on, as well as why you want to work for EI.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Economists Inc.

Interview Details – Recruiting coordinator contacted me via email to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was asked to come in to the DC office for a half-day of interviews - one with the recruiting coordinator, a senior economist, a vice president, and a panel of research associates. Most of the interview questions focused on quantitative background and experience.

Interview Question – How would others describe your leadership style?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Economists Inc in January 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple stage interview process of a head RA with general questions. Panel of RA's had more personality and work habit questions. The PH.D. economists had the most technical on data manipulation with large data sets.

While all interviewers were friendly, the interviews seemed to be done more calmly as they continued. So the head RA was the most controlled, while the PH.D. economists were more relaxed. The group of RA's was in between.

Interview Question – When have you displayed leadership?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Economists Inc in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was a 3 hr process, with a short interview with the recruiting coordinator, a PhD Economist, a panel of 4 RAs, and the VP. Questions included: give me a time when you worked with quantitative analysis and how you had to change and manipulate the data set, tell me about a time you worked in a time and had a conflict. Culture is very collegial and conducive for RAs to learn a lot during the 2 years.

Interview Question – Our work is cyclical, what would you do during the downtime?   Answer Question

Research Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Economists Inc in October 2009.

Interview Details – You meet with a recruiter who mostly gives you an overviews of what EI and the RA position is about, then you meet with two senior economists and a panel of 4 RAs. I'd say the panel was the most intimidating, but mostly I think they were just looking for whether or not they would want to sit/work with you all day. Overall I would say it was a good experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you initiated something new.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Economists Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Economists Inc Research Associate interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Economists Inc employees and interview candidates.