Eddie Bauer

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.6

Co-Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eddie Bauer.

Very casual., and easy conversations. Interviewed with SM . Then 2nd interview with DM. I was asked ordinary retail and management types of questions. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Full explanation of benefits and position responsibilities were given during the interview. The position was offered to me within a week of the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Average type of interview for retail.   Answer Question
    Compensation. immidiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Had a friend who worked at the store in the mall and they asked if I'd be interested in applying. I applied and received a call a few days later. I was interviewed and hired on the same day. Manager was very nice and engaging. The entire process was simple. It was a retail job so no real surprises

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Eddie Bauer.

I walked into the store and just spoke to a part-time sales person. She was so upbeat and happy and told me how wonderful he store was and the store manager, she gave the best impression possible of Eddie Bauer

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to complain about the process was smooth and the hiring manager, Amy R. was professional and sincere and answered all my questions   Answer Question

Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groveport, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groveport, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eddie Bauer in April 2014.

I was very impressed with the speed with which the managers moved! I received a call to schedule a phone interview about 3 hours after applying online and had the interview scheduled the next day. It lasted only about 15 minutes and a few days later I received a call to come in for a second round interview with two hiring managers. It was scheduled for a week later and lasted about 45 minutes. Overall the process was very quick and efficient and I really appreciate that they didn't play games. The two managers I met with were really friendly and made me feel very at-east during the whole process. Although I was not offered the position, the hiring manager called me personally to let me know. It was nice to have that personal touch instead of a generic letter in the mail. I was left with a very positive attitude towards the company and the department.

Interview Questions
    • None - questions were specific to the job and were not overly difficult to answer for a seasoned professional or unexpected   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eddie Bauer in December 2013.

Online application, brief phone interview with District Manager and 1:1 interview with District Manager. Interview was conducted in the mall hallways. I brought 2 copies of my resume and wore a suit. The DM was unkempt (shorts, dirty shoes and unbrushed hair) & made puckering expressions after each question.

Interview Questions
    • At best, the questions were disorganized and weird. I was not allowed to ask probing questions. I had to insist on making basic fact finding questions about the location. I gently coaxed her to end the interview.   Answer Question

Sales Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Eddie Bauer in September 2013.

I noticed through their website, and a local mall's website, that a nearby Eddie Bauer was currently hiring Sales Guides. When I dropped off my resume and the job application, I spoke with the store manager and she promptly set up an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was all that tough or unexpected - just do your research, and you're good to go.

I was asked questions like:
      - why do you want to work for Eddie Bauer?
      - what does legendary customer service mean to you?
      - what do you enjoy doing in your spare time? hobbies?

View Answer
    There's really no negotiation phase...When I went into the interview, I knew what the minimum wage was in my state was, what the average wage was for EB Sales Guides, and I knew that it wouldn't be significantly more/less than the average of those rates. I started out at $9.25/hr, and though I was told that evaluations for me would be in June (I started 09/2013), I was given a raise after three strong months.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Eddie Bauer.

The editor gave me a run down of the place. Basically letting me know the pros and cons of working there.

Quick and easy.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Eddie Bauer.

After submitting my application, Eddie Bauer got back to me quickly, and we set up a group interview for the next week. I talked to four different people one after another for about fifteen minutes for each person. Everyone seemed nice. The interview involved typical questions such as why you want to work at Eddie Bauer, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few questions asking about comfort with various forms of technology.   Answer Question

Marketing Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eddie Bauer in April 2013.

HR emailed me after they received my online resume. We setup a time to have a conversation about the position. Days later we had a great conversation. They were really nice. HR told me that they wanted to interview me even if they didn't know the way they were going to go with the position. They were either going to hire someone or hire a company. HR told me to keep in contact with them.

A week later, I emailed HR to tell them that I was still interested. A week after that they responded to ask me to come in for an inperson interview with the hiring manager.

The next week, I arrived at their HQ in Bellevue 10 minutes early. The receptionist called HR, but they were stuck in traffic. I was told to wait in one of the conference rooms. About 10 minutes later the hiring manager came into the room. She flat out told me the interview wouldn't take the hour that it was scheduled, but probably would take less than 30 minutes. We had a great conversation. Interview ended about 15-20 minutes later.

The HR person (who was late) popped into the room after the interview. I was sitting and through they would sit down also to talk about the next steps. Instead they stood there telling me what would happen next. They didn't close the door. Just stood there. They were very cold and didn't seem very friendly.

Forward to the next week, I emailed HR to followup. They emailed me a week after to tell me that I didn't have the right industry experience. This I found very odd, since that was never brought up during the phone call or inperson interview.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person – interviewed at Eddie Bauer in February 2013.

I have no clue whether or not I am going to get the job, but the interview process was awesome. I was able to give the hiring manager a hard copy of my resume and application before the interview which was refreshing. So many companies now use online application systems that use search bots to disqualify people based key word searches. I was granted an interview the next week. The interview did not seem rushed and the hiring manager did a good job selling the brand to me. She answered all of my questions intelligently and her questions were relevant and well explained. I will definitely accept this position if offered.

Interview Questions
    • I really can't think of any it was a very easy and good interiew. Although When I asked how Eddie Bauer plans to compete in the outdoor adventure industry again, it seemed a challenge for the manager to answer.   Answer Question