Eddie Bauer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.6

Merchandise Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eddie Bauer (Bellevue, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by recruiter within a couple days to set up a phone screen. After an easy phone screen, I spoke with three hiring managers via phone interview about my interest in the company and about my previous analytial retail experiences. Overall a very communicative bunch, though planning is a bit slow. After passing the phone interview, I was flown out to Bellevue HQ to speak with five people in person. It was a long, intense process, but still a positive experience. Eddie Bauer is going through a lot of change, including adding an allocation component to their planning processes in merchandising, so they are thorough when they vet you. I felt like I had a very casual, personable conversation with almost everyone. However, even though I had previous corporate retail experience, they sought someone specifically with allocation experience. Disappointing, and a slight waste of my time, but still great to network.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself organized/manage your time?   Answer Question
    • Do you have allocation experience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went outside of your job responsibilities to drive business or share an idea.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eddie Bauer.

Interview

The interview process is quite difficult. They have extremely high expectations of their management staff. You need to have SM qualities just to be a sales supervisor. It consists of 3 phone interviews, 1 person to person interview, and 1 Sales role play interview.

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eddie Bauer.

Interview

Very casual., and easy conversations. Interviewed with SM . Then 2nd interview with DM. I was asked ordinary retail and management types of questions. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Full explanation of benefits and position responsibilities were given during the interview. The position was offered to me within a week of the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Average type of interview for retail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Compensation. immidiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Had a friend who worked at the store in the mall and they asked if I'd be interested in applying. I applied and received a call a few days later. I was interviewed and hired on the same day. Manager was very nice and engaging. The entire process was simple. It was a retail job so no real surprises

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Eddie Bauer.

Interview

I walked into the store and just spoke to a part-time sales person. She was so upbeat and happy and told me how wonderful he store was and the store manager, she gave the best impression possible of Eddie Bauer

Interview Questions

• Nothing to complain about the process was smooth and the hiring manager, Amy R. was professional and sincere and answered all my questions   Answer Question

Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groveport, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eddie Bauer (Groveport, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

I was very impressed with the speed with which the managers moved! I received a call to schedule a phone interview about 3 hours after applying online and had the interview scheduled the next day. It lasted only about 15 minutes and a few days later I received a call to come in for a second round interview with two hiring managers. It was scheduled for a week later and lasted about 45 minutes. Overall the process was very quick and efficient and I really appreciate that they didn't play games. The two managers I met with were really friendly and made me feel very at-east during the whole process. Although I was not offered the position, the hiring manager called me personally to let me know. It was nice to have that personal touch instead of a generic letter in the mail. I was left with a very positive attitude towards the company and the department.

Interview Questions

• None - questions were specific to the job and were not overly difficult to answer for a seasoned professional or unexpected   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eddie Bauer (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

Online application, brief phone interview with District Manager and 1:1 interview with District Manager. Interview was conducted in the mall hallways. I brought 2 copies of my resume and wore a suit. The DM was unkempt (shorts, dirty shoes and unbrushed hair) & made puckering expressions after each question.

Interview Questions

• At best, the questions were disorganized and weird. I was not allowed to ask probing questions. I had to insist on making basic fact finding questions about the location. I gently coaxed her to end the interview.   Answer Question

Store Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Eddie Bauer (Greensboro, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

I had to fill out a application as well as bring a copy of my resume. I had a face to face interview with the store manager (about an hour) and about a week later I had a phone interview with the district manager (about 45 mins). Pretty straight forward, I thought it was a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• Q: how do you live your adventure? Q: What does the term GUIDE mean to you? That kind of stuff   Answer Question

Sales Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Eddie Bauer (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

I noticed through their website, and a local mall's website, that a nearby Eddie Bauer was currently hiring Sales Guides. When I dropped off my resume and the job application, I spoke with the store manager and she promptly set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was all that tough or unexpected - just do your research, and you're good to go. I was asked questions like: - why do you want to work for Eddie Bauer? - what does legendary customer service mean to you? - what do you enjoy doing in your spare time? hobbies?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's really no negotiation phase...When I went into the interview, I knew what the minimum wage was in my state was, what the average wage was for EB Sales Guides, and I knew that it wouldn't be significantly more/less than the average of those rates. I started out at $9.25/hr, and though I was told that evaluations for me would be in June (I started 09/2013), I was given a raise after three strong months.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Eddie Bauer.

Interview

The editor gave me a run down of the place. Basically letting me know the pros and cons of working there.

Negotiation

Quick and easy.