Eddie Bauer Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Had a friend who worked at the store in the mall and they asked if I'd be interested in applying. I applied and received a call a few days later. I was interviewed and hired on the same day. Manager was very nice and engaging. The entire process was simple. It was a retail job so no real surprises

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Eddie Bauer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Eddie Bauer (Denver, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

Slow on communication and not forthcoming with details

Pay was below expectation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Eddie Bauer (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

It was pretty simple, straightforward

Negotiation

Very smooth and simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eddie Bauer (Portage, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

When I was called for a in-store interview, I was intentionally very nervous. Waiting for the interview a sales associate had me sit by the fitting rooms. The first thing i noticed is how nice it was to be somewhat by myself. I had the opportunity to get my self together and also do some research about the company with the mini booklet the handed me before I sat down. After Deb (Head Manager) sat me down in her office I was so excited to be there and answer all her questions. She was so interested in how much i new about the company and how important it was to me. I felt very at ease about my interview experience.

Interview Questions

• "Would you outside of work wear our clothing?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I couldn't work Saturdays because of some religious reasons and she made sure I didn't work and if I was accidentally put on the schedule she promised to take care of it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eddie Bauer (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

asked if i can sell, the lady who interviewed me was nice enough to give me a chance. She mentioned how i had to sell or i wont get hours. the interview was good and wasnt too hard. i had to read a book first and she asked me some questions to test me. i knew she would.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eddie Bauer (Naperville, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

Just a regular job interview: what I expect from the job, a little about me and my background.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

8.5 base pay, not a lot of options for a 19 year old with no college degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Eddie Bauer (Wauwatosa, WI) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview process was fairly basic, and very nice. I just went it to drop off an application, and was able to meet with a manager on the spot. Came back a few days later to meet with the other manager, and was then offered the job. Interview questions were very basic, and what one would expect in any given interview. Also both managers were very personable and professional. After being offered the job, training was very nice to. We watched videos about the brand and culture, which were helpful, and then each employee had a different part of the training, which was helpful in getting to know my coworkers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiation was very nice. They were interested in my experience and offered me a very fair wage based on it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Eddie Bauer (Plano, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

I was asked why I wanted to work there and what I would bring. It was more behaviorial based, so one of the questions was, tell me about a time when you were persuasive. Above all, displaying a positive attitude and a willingness to learn about the Eddie Bauer brand proved to be important. I communicated this and it was well-received by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer started yelling in the store?   Answer Question

Negotiation

An offer of $8.25/hour is not bad for a part-time, flexible retail job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Eddie Bauer (Houston, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

It was quick. The Store Manager called me to come in the same day. Had me sell on the floor for 10 minutes and then offered me the job. I actually helped customers, while the Store Manager was watching. She asked me a standard retail questions, but nothing too difficult.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was $9 per hour. No bonus/commission/spiff potential.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eddie Bauer.

Interview

I was called in for an interview on a Saturday afternoon. The place was fairly busy and I was a little nervous. The interview itself was not very formal. The interviewer was in casual clothing whereas I dressed up in my blazer and dress pants. He asked me to tell him about myself and asked about my strengths and weaknesses and about my previous work experience. He asked if I knew anything about the store and if I ever bought anything. I replied that it was one of my favorite stores in the mall to shop at. I wasn't asked any questions about my favorite outdoor activities or anything like that. The interviewer just asked basic questions and then took me to the front of the store and had me sell an item to him. Overall, it was a very laid back interview and I felt very comfortable during the process.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how competitive are you? Give an example where you had to demonstrate your competitive skills.   Answer Question