Eddie Bauer

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Portage, MI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in August 2011.

Interview Details – When I was called for a in-store interview, I was intentionally very nervous. Waiting for the interview a sales associate had me sit by the fitting rooms. The first thing i noticed is how nice it was to be somewhat by myself. I had the opportunity to get my self together and also do some research about the company with the mini booklet the handed me before I sat down. After Deb (Head Manager) sat me down in her office I was so excited to be there and answer all her questions. She was so interested in how much i new about the company and how important it was to me. I felt very at ease about my interview experience.

Interview Question – "Would you outside of work wear our clothing?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I couldn't work Saturdays because of some religious reasons and she made sure I didn't work and if I was accidentally put on the schedule she promised to take care of it.

Naperville, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in May 2010.

Interview Details – Just a regular job interview: what I expect from the job, a little about me and my background.

Interview Question – What do you do in your free time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 8.5 base pay, not a lot of options for a 19 year old with no college degree.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in September 2012.

Interview Details – Slow on communication and not forthcoming with details

Reason for Declining – Pay was below expectation

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was pretty simple, straightforward

Negotiation Details – Very smooth and simple

Plano, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was asked why I wanted to work there and what I would bring. It was more behaviorial based, so one of the questions was, tell me about a time when you were persuasive. Above all, displaying a positive attitude and a willingness to learn about the Eddie Bauer brand proved to be important. I communicated this and it was well-received by the interviewer.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer started yelling in the store?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – An offer of $8.25/hour is not bad for a part-time, flexible retail job.

Wauwatosa, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly basic, and very nice. I just went it to drop off an application, and was able to meet with a manager on the spot. Came back a few days later to meet with the other manager, and was then offered the job. Interview questions were very basic, and what one would expect in any given interview. Also both managers were very personable and professional. After being offered the job, training was very nice to. We watched videos about the brand and culture, which were helpful, and then each employee had a different part of the training, which was helpful in getting to know my coworkers.

Interview Question – What will you bring to Eddie Bauer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation was very nice. They were interested in my experience and offered me a very fair wage based on it.

Sales Associate

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in July 2012.

Interview Details – Apply. Set up interview. If hired Training will begin immediately.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Money was negotiable to a certain extent. Hours are not much of a negotiation. If you want them, earn them.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in October 2011.

Interview Details – Enjoyed meeting the staff all very friendly and seem down to earth....All seem to be on the same page and know there agendas. Two interviews and basically my background and references checked....Typical office typical stockroom....Large store with lots of back stock, sizes and colors....Lots of different age groups races of people very eclectic....

Interview Questions

Sales Associate

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked for a set of generic questions such as why I want to work there and tell something about my previous work experience.

Interview Question – What would you to provide the best customer service?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eddie Bauer

Worked for Eddie Bauer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eddie Bauer Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Eddie Bauer employees and interview candidates.