Eddie Bauer

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in May 2010.

Interview Details – asked if i can sell, the lady who interviewed me was nice enough to give me a chance. She mentioned how i had to sell or i wont get hours. the interview was good and wasnt too hard. i had to read a book first and she asked me some questions to test me. i knew she would.

Interviewed at Eddie Bauer

Interview Details – Had a friend who worked at the store in the mall and they asked if I'd be interested in applying. I applied and received a call a few days later. I was interviewed and hired on the same day. Manager was very nice and engaging. The entire process was simple. It was a retail job so no real surprises

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Portage, MI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in August 2011.

Interview Details – When I was called for a in-store interview, I was intentionally very nervous. Waiting for the interview a sales associate had me sit by the fitting rooms. The first thing i noticed is how nice it was to be somewhat by myself. I had the opportunity to get my self together and also do some research about the company with the mini booklet the handed me before I sat down. After Deb (Head Manager) sat me down in her office I was so excited to be there and answer all her questions. She was so interested in how much i new about the company and how important it was to me. I felt very at ease about my interview experience.

Interview Question – "Would you outside of work wear our clothing?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I couldn't work Saturdays because of some religious reasons and she made sure I didn't work and if I was accidentally put on the schedule she promised to take care of it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Naperville, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in May 2010.

Interview Details – Just a regular job interview: what I expect from the job, a little about me and my background.

Interview Question – What do you do in your free time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 8.5 base pay, not a lot of options for a 19 year old with no college degree.

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in March 2009.

Interview Details – It was quick. The Store Manager called me to come in the same day. Had me sell on the floor for 10 minutes and then offered me the job. I actually helped customers, while the Store Manager was watching. She asked me a standard retail questions, but nothing too difficult.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer was $9 per hour. No bonus/commission/spiff potential.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in September 2012.

Interview Details – Slow on communication and not forthcoming with details

Reason for Declining – Pay was below expectation

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was pretty simple, straightforward

Negotiation Details – Very smooth and simple

Plano, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was asked why I wanted to work there and what I would bring. It was more behaviorial based, so one of the questions was, tell me about a time when you were persuasive. Above all, displaying a positive attitude and a willingness to learn about the Eddie Bauer brand proved to be important. I communicated this and it was well-received by the interviewer.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer started yelling in the store?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – An offer of $8.25/hour is not bad for a part-time, flexible retail job.

Wauwatosa, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Eddie Bauer in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly basic, and very nice. I just went it to drop off an application, and was able to meet with a manager on the spot. Came back a few days later to meet with the other manager, and was then offered the job. Interview questions were very basic, and what one would expect in any given interview. Also both managers were very personable and professional. After being offered the job, training was very nice to. We watched videos about the brand and culture, which were helpful, and then each employee had a different part of the training, which was helpful in getting to know my coworkers.

Interview Question – What will you bring to Eddie Bauer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation was very nice. They were interested in my experience and offered me a very fair wage based on it.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eddie Bauer.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview on a Saturday afternoon. The place was fairly busy and I was a little nervous. The interview itself was not very formal. The interviewer was in casual clothing whereas I dressed up in my blazer and dress pants. He asked me to tell him about myself and asked about my strengths and weaknesses and about my previous work experience. He asked if I knew anything about the store and if I ever bought anything. I replied that it was one of my favorite stores in the mall to shop at. I wasn't asked any questions about my favorite outdoor activities or anything like that. The interviewer just asked basic questions and then took me to the front of the store and had me sell an item to him. Overall, it was a very laid back interview and I felt very comfortable during the process.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1-10 how competitive are you? Give an example where you had to demonstrate your competitive skills.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eddie Bauer

Worked for Eddie Bauer? Contribute to the Community!