Eddie Bauer Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer.

Interview

It took them 1 day to decide to hire me. They want outdoorsy people who are very active in nature. One of my co-workers interview took place in a closet. They also want really competitive people because when they get the job they will have to fight over who gets what sales. Tried to get promoted to assistant manager after 5 months working with them and them brought someone else in from the outside. No opportunities for growth in anything. Management like to bully and harass people behind their backs. Sales are way down.

Interview Questions

• Their main thing they ask you first is on a scale 1-10 how competitive are you. 7-10 range = perfect for the job   1 Answer
  • Are you an active person?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Eddie Bauer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Had a friend who worked at the store in the mall and they asked if I'd be interested in applying. I applied and received a call a few days later. I was interviewed and hired on the same day. Manager was very nice and engaging. The entire process was simple. It was a retail job so no real surprises

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Denver, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

Slow on communication and not forthcoming with details

Pay was below expectation

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

It was pretty simple, straightforward

Negotiation

Very smooth and simple

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Ames, IA) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview was pretty basic. Nothing unexpected or shocking. Turns out that the current manager was from my town. That was cool, but i doubt that had anything to do with me getting hired. I'm a good hard worker & they could tell that. I had the job for all my years & college & needed to move on. Great people. Good work ethics.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (San Antonio, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

It was a very basic interview. They just wanted to see that you were confident, energetic and a quick learner. Personality alone could get you the job easily. If you're calm and easy to talk to, that goes a long way since they're looking for people that can communicate well with random people that walk into the store.

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Portage, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

When I was called for a in-store interview, I was intentionally very nervous. Waiting for the interview a sales associate had me sit by the fitting rooms. The first thing i noticed is how nice it was to be somewhat by myself. I had the opportunity to get my self together and also do some research about the company with the mini booklet the handed me before I sat down. After Deb (Head Manager) sat me down in her office I was so excited to be there and answer all her questions. She was so interested in how much i new about the company and how important it was to me. I felt very at ease about my interview experience.

Interview Questions

• "Would you outside of work wear our clothing?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I couldn't work Saturdays because of some religious reasons and she made sure I didn't work and if I was accidentally put on the schedule she promised to take care of it.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

asked if i can sell, the lady who interviewed me was nice enough to give me a chance. She mentioned how i had to sell or i wont get hours. the interview was good and wasnt too hard. i had to read a book first and she asked me some questions to test me. i knew she would.

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Naperville, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

Just a regular job interview: what I expect from the job, a little about me and my background.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

8.5 base pay, not a lot of options for a 19 year old with no college degree.

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eddie Bauer (Wauwatosa, WI) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview process was fairly basic, and very nice. I just went it to drop off an application, and was able to meet with a manager on the spot. Came back a few days later to meet with the other manager, and was then offered the job. Interview questions were very basic, and what one would expect in any given interview. Also both managers were very personable and professional. After being offered the job, training was very nice to. We watched videos about the brand and culture, which were helpful, and then each employee had a different part of the training, which was helpful in getting to know my coworkers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiation was very nice. They were interested in my experience and offered me a very fair wage based on it.