Edelman

Updated Oct 9, 2014

3.2

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in July 2014.

Initially I had a phone screen and then they called me to meet with two VPs in the office. Questions were basic, discuss about background, why PR, why Edelman, where do I see myself etc.

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Edelman.

Talk with initial recruiter was very short and only involved information that was already on my resume.

Account Executive Interview

First step is interview screening with HR personnel. Then you come in and meet with about 5 different people who would be on your team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Edelman in November 2013.

Rather intimidating. Got an initial call from a recruiter out of state, was then brought in for an in-person interview. People are intimidating, try to make you feel dumb and useless in interview.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, they ask you questions and try to comment on their questions so as to make you feel like you don't know what your talking about when you respond with your answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

-Very thorough communication throughout the entire process.
    -No curve ball questions - just come in ready with smart answers and smart questions.
    -Know the space - they don't expect you to know everything about the clients, but have reporters, outlets, ideas in mind.

Able to negotiate.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in March 2013.

Submitted materials and they called pretty quickly afterward. Pretty basic phone interview; 1x1 was basically just a run through of what they were looking for and seeing how I would fit in with the culture. It was fairly painless, especially since I had been preparing for a rigorous interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in November 2012.

The initial communication and interview organization was extremely seamless. While the process did take quite some time (over a month), they were very thorough in their process. Overall, the experience was better than any other company I have interviewed prior. They were very transparent with the direction they were going each time I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    Compensation was negotiated, but it did not seem as though they were going to budge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman in February 2012.

I interned with the NY office and was subsequently hired as an Assistant Account Executive. During the internship process I had 1 interview in the office with HR, as well as a grammar/writing test. After the internship, I had several interviews with hiring teams, and was eventually hired/promoted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in February 2012.

First I applied online and eventually had a phone interview with an HR rep. Later that week I got an e-mail back from the rep saying another, more appropriate position opened up and they'd love to have me for an interview.

After scheduling a good time to come by, I visited the D.C. office for an in-person interview, which consisted of two different interviews with two staffers each (first two account supervisors, then two vice presidents). I also had a 30-minute grammar and vocab test.

Upon completion of the day's schedule, I left on good terms with the HR rep and was told she'd be in contact with me.

I received another offer earlier this week and messaged the Edelman contact to see where I stood. She said they were leaning toward another candidate and wished me the best of luck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in October 2011.

I had several phone interviews and a lengthy in person interview. I felt that everything went very well and I even followed up with each person. I never received an email or call back from HR letting me know about the position.

Interview Questions
    • What writings of yours have been published?   View Answer