Edelman Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

3.2

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Phone interview with HR (30 min) - basic questions about background. Went well. In-person interview at DC location with 2 mid-upper management employees. They didn't seem to appreciate higher education (Masters degrees) and diverse work experiences. They seem to want someone with formal PR/communications experience, regardless of subject matter expertise. For example, I have a background in research and two masters degrees in public health and business, but they verbalized that I would be making a "huge" career change and the transition would be difficult to enter their Healthcare department.

Interview Questions

• What specific communications experience do you have? Why Edelman?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

I applied online and a week later received a request for a phone interview. I was asked basic interview questions such as...What are your strengths? Weaknesses? The interview seemed to go well. However, I never received a follow-up message.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Initially I had a phone screen and then they called me to meet with two VPs in the office. Questions were basic, discuss about background, why PR, why Edelman, where do I see myself etc.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Talk with initial recruiter was very short and only involved information that was already on my resume.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

First step is interview screening with HR personnel. Then you come in and meet with about 5 different people who would be on your team.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Edelman (Orlando, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Rather intimidating. Got an initial call from a recruiter out of state, was then brought in for an in-person interview. People are intimidating, try to make you feel dumb and useless in interview.

Interview Questions

• Like I said, they ask you questions and try to comment on their questions so as to make you feel like you don't know what your talking about when you respond with your answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL).

Interview

-Very thorough communication throughout the entire process. -No curve ball questions - just come in ready with smart answers and smart questions. -Know the space - they don't expect you to know everything about the clients, but have reporters, outlets, ideas in mind.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted materials and they called pretty quickly afterward. Pretty basic phone interview; 1x1 was basically just a run through of what they were looking for and seeing how I would fit in with the culture. It was fairly painless, especially since I had been preparing for a rigorous interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

The initial communication and interview organization was extremely seamless. While the process did take quite some time (over a month), they were very thorough in their process. Overall, the experience was better than any other company I have interviewed prior. They were very transparent with the direction they were going each time I interviewed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Compensation was negotiated, but it did not seem as though they were going to budge.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

First I applied online and eventually had a phone interview with an HR rep. Later that week I got an e-mail back from the rep saying another, more appropriate position opened up and they'd love to have me for an interview. After scheduling a good time to come by, I visited the D.C. office for an in-person interview, which consisted of two different interviews with two staffers each (first two account supervisors, then two vice presidents). I also had a 30-minute grammar and vocab test. Upon completion of the day's schedule, I left on good terms with the HR rep and was told she'd be in contact with me. I received another offer earlier this week and messaged the Edelman contact to see where I stood. She said they were leaning toward another candidate and wished me the best of luck.