Edelman

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Talk with initial recruiter was very short and only involved information that was already on my resume.

Interview Question – Interview was very straight forward.   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted materials and they called pretty quickly afterward. Pretty basic phone interview; 1x1 was basically just a run through of what they were looking for and seeing how I would fit in with the culture. It was fairly painless, especially since I had been preparing for a rigorous interview.

Interview Question – Nothing really stood out--pretty standard.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Edelman

Interview Details – First step is interview screening with HR personnel. Then you come in and meet with about 5 different people who would be on your team.

Interview Question – What is the history of Edelman?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had several phone interviews and a lengthy in person interview. I felt that everything went very well and I even followed up with each person. I never received an email or call back from HR letting me know about the position.

Interview Question – What writings of yours have been published?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Edelman in November 2013.

Interview Details – Rather intimidating. Got an initial call from a recruiter out of state, was then brought in for an in-person interview. People are intimidating, try to make you feel dumb and useless in interview.

Interview Question – Like I said, they ask you questions and try to comment on their questions so as to make you feel like you don't know what your talking about when you respond with your answer.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Edelman in February 2012.

Interview Details – I interned with the NY office and was subsequently hired as an Assistant Account Executive. During the internship process I had 1 interview in the office with HR, as well as a grammar/writing test. After the internship, I had several interviews with hiring teams, and was eventually hired/promoted.

Interview Question – What's an example of a challenge you had to overcome.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – -Very thorough communication throughout the entire process.
-No curve ball questions - just come in ready with smart answers and smart questions.
-Know the space - they don't expect you to know everything about the clients, but have reporters, outlets, ideas in mind.

Interview Question – None - all were pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in October 2010.

Interview Details – First you will have a few phone interview or two with HR, a call or two with team members, and an in person interview. Once that has been done, HR will contact you regarding salary, start dates, etc...

Interview Question – ¿Cómo hablas español? (for a bilingual position)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me a job and I took it.

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Edelman in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process wasn't particularly rigorous, but was unorganized at times with people needing to reschedule or switch from in-person to over the phone. After my resume was passed along to HR, I was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a phone screening. This was followed by an in-person interview with the team's two most senior people under the VP, after which I completed an in-office grammar and writing test. The following day, the recruiter reached out to me to tell me how well I did and to set up my next round of interviews with additional team members. I was scheduled to meet with the team VP as well as an AE on the account (chemistry check), but ended up having phone interviews with both of them even though I came into the office, which I found a bit frustrating and inconvenient. Overall though, people were friendly, informative and considerate and made the process as comfortable and reassuring as possible.

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher salary, by $3k. Benefits, 401k, and paid time off really aren't negotiable at such a junior level position, as Edelman has a pretty standard offering across the board. There might be more wiggle room the higher up you go however.

San Francisco, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Edelman in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a short screening call with the recruiter, followed by an interview with two junior staff, then a third with the hiring manager. I then had to come into the office for a timed writing and editing test on a subject related to the work I'd be doing. I was offered the job the day after the writing test, and the whole process was about a week long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was very simple and it didn't take much - be prepared to justify your salary with research on competitor pay and what industry analysts say.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edelman

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!

Edelman Videos

Edelman – Why Work for Us?

On October 1, 1952, Daniel J. Edelman and Associates was founded in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago with three employees servicing one client. More than 60 years later, with 67 offices and over 4,800 employees servicing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edelman Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Edelman employees and interview candidates.