Edelman

2.9

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in August 2014.

Probably the best and most organized interview process I've been through in my 10 year career. No hard case study or brain teaser questions. Everyone I spoke with wanted to be helpful and answer questions I had. It was nice because people seemed to have spent time looking at my resume before they entered the room which is rare. I was told I was going to need to take a grammar test but it never happened. The recruiting coordinator was SO nice and explained how the process would work every step of the way.

Interview Questions
  • What did you do in the 6 months in between your last jobs?   View Answer
I tried to negotiate for a higher base salary since I had much more experience than required for the position as well as an advanced degree but they did not concede. I was offered a very small signing bonus instead.

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Account Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in March 2014.

I applied via online application and was referred by a current employee. About a two weeks later I received a call from HR to assess my interest in another opening as well as discuss previous work history, salary expectations, etc. My resume was then passed onto the practice team for review and I was invited in for a series of meetings with the group leads (mostly Sr or Exec VPs, an SAE, and Dir. of the Dept.) and the HR contact about another week later after the initial call. This was followed by a testing session that included a brief spelling/grammar test and a PR scenario planning exercise about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The test requiring a communications plan for a client (in presentation format) was surprising as I had expected a writing test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

Two rounds of interviews with about 3-4 people each time, we met in the office and they asked pretty standard questions about my experience. There was a writing test .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a little bit, but they really did present their best offer upfront.

Account Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

The HR team was quick to respond to my inquiry. The entire process was pleasant and efficient, and they were considerate of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman.

Started out with an initial phone interview / HR screen, then moved on to a number of in person interviews that we about a few weeks apart, ended with a writing test (that was moderately difficult). Recruiting team seems a bit disengaged, but that could be due to heavy workload / hiring needs.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation is typical. You will be lowballed, but stand firm. All HR reps try and keep you within a "range" but if you have the experience and know what you're worth you will be able to get close.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in October 2012.

I applied for the position on their website. I received a phone call from Edelman to set up a preliminary phone interview with the VP. I then was invited to an in person interview which was held a little more than two weeks later (which is quite long and I had other interviews in that time span.) I interviewed in person and took a test.

I did not get the position and I was really bummed but when I look back at it, it was not the right fit for me at this level of my career or my skill level. That may have been why I didn't get the position.

I might consider applying for another position in the far future but it will be for a VP or higher position. ( I have a great job now on an executive level) and my company does contract with them and I am telling them what to do anyway.

I do think they are very bright and talented and will be a great fit for the right people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman in June 2012.

The interview process was very organized. After a friend passed my resume along to HR, I was called in for an informative interview with two different people (non-HR). A month later I had a phone interview with a recruiter for a specific position. Over the course of the following month I visited the office two additional times--once to meet the recruiter in person and meet my future manager (one hour total), and once more to meet with other members of my team and take grammar and writing tests (four hours total).

The recruiter did a very good job of keeping in contact with me and moving the process along quickly. The only point in the process during which I felt out of the loop was the very end, before an offer was made. I hadn't heard from anyone in over a week and had to reach out to obtain an update.

Everyone I spoke with was very professional, nice, and seemed to genuinely enjoy working here.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't particularly difficult question, but at the end of the interview with the recruiter she asked me to provide additional examples of how I made a significant impact at my current employer that related directly to the position I was interviewing for. We had already discussed all of the main projects and initiatives I was responsible for developing so I was caught a bit off-guard and had to think quickly on the spot of something we had not talked about.   Answer Question
    Before accepting the position, I spoke to the recruiter about more compensation and she called me back within two hours to let me know they would honor the request. The negotiation process was fairly easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in November 2011.

I applied for an Account Supervisor position and received an interview request about 3 weeks after I applied online. I went in for an in-person interview with 4 different people (1 with HR and 3 from the team I'd be working in), and interviewed with each person individually for about 30 minutes each. I also had to take a writing test, which took about 90 minutes. The writing test was both on grammar and writing style.

After the initial set of interviews, I received a follow-up phone call about 1 week later. Both myself and the HR rep felt that I wasn't professionally ready for the Account Supervisor position, but he was expressed an interest in keeping me at top-of-mind as he and the staff I interviewed with think I'd be a great fit for the team. At the time, I was interviewing with 2 other companies, which I mentioned to HR.

About 3 weeks after the follow-up call, I received an offer for a position below Account Supervisor, but one that fit what I felt I was professionally prepared for.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of work environment/space do you work best in?   Answer Question
    My negotiation phase was a little different than others because I didn't actually interview for the position I was offered/accepted. That said, I researched salaries for similar titles with my level of education and experience, so I felt I had a good grasp on what I could expect. My advice is to research salaries, give a range and be willing to negotiate on other areas (vacation, start date, etc).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Edelman in September 2011.

I applied online and received a call from HR. He set up an interview with me and three other people in the department I was applying for, one peer and two supervisors. However, each interview was done individually. I don't have previous agency experience, but had worked in a similar industry. I really would have liked to do a panel interview to allow myself more time to demonstrate my relevant experience instead of repeating myself over and over again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Edelman in April 2011.

My initial contact with the company was an email from a Vice President that thought my skills might be a match. After responding to his email and sending my resume, I was contacted by an awesome HR rep for the phone screening. This was a standard check for background on skills, etc. After that I was brought in for a panel interview with two Senior VP's and an EVP that was the Group Head for the practice I would be working for. I also had to do a timed writing test that wasn't well catered to the Digital position I was being hired for, but was still challenging.

I would recommend being prepared on the type of work Edelman does on a day-to-day and ask questions about the current client relationship. Your work experience will differ greatly depending on the account and team members you work with. Everyone is super talented, but I found that it takes different skills to be successful with your team depending on the level of trust a client has in the work they want.

Interview Questions
    • How would you plan a digital outreach strategy for this audience?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.