Edelman

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied via online application and was referred by a current employee. About a two weeks later I received a call from HR to assess my interest in another opening as well as discuss previous work history, salary expectations, etc. My resume was then passed onto the practice team for review and I was invited in for a series of meetings with the group leads (mostly Sr or Exec VPs, an SAE, and Dir. of the Dept.) and the HR contact about another week later after the initial call. This was followed by a testing session that included a brief spelling/grammar test and a PR scenario planning exercise about a week later.

Interview Question – The test requiring a communications plan for a client (in presentation format) was surprising as I had expected a writing test.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Edelman in May 2010.

Interview Details – Knowledge of client interests, media contacts and Hill experience all essential for positive impression to be conveyed.

Interview Question – Why do you expect so much in your base salary?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes. Lunch. Informal.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews with about 3-4 people each time, we met in the office and they asked pretty standard questions about my experience. There was a writing test .

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a little bit, but they really did present their best offer upfront.

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Edelman in April 2011.

Interview Details – HR calls, there is a phone screening, and then there are likely 2 other in person meetings. The in person meeting is with the bosses you'll be working with and the team members you'll be working with.

Interview Question – If I was patient, and could explain a situation when I was patient.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR was not willing to budge on salary.

Account Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – The HR team was quick to respond to my inquiry. The entire process was pleasant and efficient, and they were considerate of my time.

Interview Question – All the questions were relevant and reasonable.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Started out with an initial phone interview / HR screen, then moved on to a number of in person interviews that we about a few weeks apart, ended with a writing test (that was moderately difficult). Recruiting team seems a bit disengaged, but that could be due to heavy workload / hiring needs.

Interview Question – How do you get your news?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is typical. You will be lowballed, but stand firm. All HR reps try and keep you within a "range" but if you have the experience and know what you're worth you will be able to get close.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position on their website. I received a phone call from Edelman to set up a preliminary phone interview with the VP. I then was invited to an in person interview which was held a little more than two weeks later (which is quite long and I had other interviews in that time span.) I interviewed in person and took a test.

I did not get the position and I was really bummed but when I look back at it, it was not the right fit for me at this level of my career or my skill level. That may have been why I didn't get the position.

I might consider applying for another position in the far future but it will be for a VP or higher position. ( I have a great job now on an executive level) and my company does contract with them and I am telling them what to do anyway.

I do think they are very bright and talented and will be a great fit for the right people.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Edelman in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was very organized. After a friend passed my resume along to HR, I was called in for an informative interview with two different people (non-HR). A month later I had a phone interview with a recruiter for a specific position. Over the course of the following month I visited the office two additional times--once to meet the recruiter in person and meet my future manager (one hour total), and once more to meet with other members of my team and take grammar and writing tests (four hours total).

The recruiter did a very good job of keeping in contact with me and moving the process along quickly. The only point in the process during which I felt out of the loop was the very end, before an offer was made. I hadn't heard from anyone in over a week and had to reach out to obtain an update.

Everyone I spoke with was very professional, nice, and seemed to genuinely enjoy working here.

Interview Question – It wasn't particularly difficult question, but at the end of the interview with the recruiter she asked me to provide additional examples of how I made a significant impact at my current employer that related directly to the position I was interviewing for. We had already discussed all of the main projects and initiatives I was responsible for developing so I was caught a bit off-guard and had to think quickly on the spot of something we had not talked about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Before accepting the position, I spoke to the recruiter about more compensation and she called me back within two hours to let me know they would honor the request. The negotiation process was fairly easy.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Edelman in April 2011.

Interview Details – I reached out to the potential interviewer on Twitter which was a one-off case and from there there was no turning back. Once I was approved to be hired Edelman did whatever it could to ensure I relocated from another country with great care. The entire transition process was smooth. Hats off to the recruitment team. I'm happy where I am.

Interview Question – Why Edelman and Why Chicago?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for an Account Supervisor position and received an interview request about 3 weeks after I applied online. I went in for an in-person interview with 4 different people (1 with HR and 3 from the team I'd be working in), and interviewed with each person individually for about 30 minutes each. I also had to take a writing test, which took about 90 minutes. The writing test was both on grammar and writing style.

After the initial set of interviews, I received a follow-up phone call about 1 week later. Both myself and the HR rep felt that I wasn't professionally ready for the Account Supervisor position, but he was expressed an interest in keeping me at top-of-mind as he and the staff I interviewed with think I'd be a great fit for the team. At the time, I was interviewing with 2 other companies, which I mentioned to HR.

About 3 weeks after the follow-up call, I received an offer for a position below Account Supervisor, but one that fit what I felt I was professionally prepared for.

Interview Question – What kind of work environment/space do you work best in?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My negotiation phase was a little different than others because I didn't actually interview for the position I was offered/accepted. That said, I researched salaries for similar titles with my level of education and experience, so I felt I had a good grasp on what I could expect. My advice is to research salaries, give a range and be willing to negotiate on other areas (vacation, start date, etc).

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edelman

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!

Edelman Videos

Edelman – Why Work for Us?

On October 1, 1952, Daniel J. Edelman and Associates was founded in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago with three employees servicing one client. More than 60 years later, with 67 offices and over 4,800 employees servicing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edelman Account Supervisor interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Edelman employees and interview candidates.