Edelman Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Edelman in May 2014.

The recruiter emailed me about a phone interview. She was very unenthusiastic during our email exchanges. We set up a time for two days later, and the day of she called me 10 minutes late. I was at work and didn't appreciate it. When she called me she didn't even apologize for being late, she acted like she was on time. I am honestly confused why she even set up a phone interview because it was apparent from the beginning she wasn't seriously considering me. She asked me the normal questions, nothing too difficult. At the end, she said the position was filled and she would let me know if anything opened up in the future. This was clearly a lie, because why would she waste her time doing a phone interview if the position actually was filled? She just didn't want to outright say that I wouldn't be continuing in the process. It was a disappointing experience.

Interview Questions
  • She grilled me as to why I had left my past jobs. It was very clear she had a negative idea in her mind, even though I left both on positive notes.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Edelman.

I have interviewed with them many times at this point. They change the role they are hiring for or hire internally a lot even when interested in the candidate. You have to know someone to get a foot in the door and even then it can be difficult.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Several phone interviews and one Skype interview

Interview Questions
    There is definitely room for negotiation, even if you're negotiating for a junior role. I wish I negotiated but I didn't.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Was referred by a friend who worked there, phone call from HR a few days later, came in for four interviews with each member of my would-be team, offer came a couple weeks later.

I took their first offer. As someone new to PR, I wasn't in a position to negotiate salary.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter approximately 2-3 weeks later. I was first emailed and then I was given an initial phone screening where I just ran through my resume. Then I was asked for my availability to come into the office for an interview. I came in a few days later and met with four different account members, one at a time. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with each of them. They asked the standard "tell me about yourself" type questions. I walked away feeling good about the interview but was told a couple of days later that it was a highly competitive interview process and they picked someone with more experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in August 2012.

Applied for an entry-level position online and then sent my information to the recruiter via e-mail. Was called back a week or two later for a phone screening. I was then asked to go in for an in-person interview. I met with 3 team members during a 2-hour period. I was then asked to come back for a second round interview with the VP of the team and then take a grammar and writing test. They called each of my references and I was offered the job a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • The writing sample is different for each person, so it could be a press release, client-note, op-ed, byline, etc. Prepare for each!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Edelman.

Came in 2 days, met with 5 different people and then sat for a writing test which included 30 questions on spelling/grammar/etc. and had to write a press release.

Interview Questions
    • Can't say I have any unexpected/difficult questions. Everything was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Multiple rounds of interviews to meet with 1-2 people at a time; can be stressful if you don't live near by or have a job.

No, it was not negotiable but that was during tougher economic times.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

I applied through my university's career database and then had an on campus interview. I was interviewed by two young women from HR and they asked very standard questions about my resume, teamwork skills, and why I wanted to work for Edelman.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Edelman.

The hiring process is characterized by a lack of transparency. You go through countless interviews and don't hear back from them. Recruiters tell you there is an opening and then there is no longer an opening. Not very straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with monotone and mundane everyday tasks?   Answer Question

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!