Edelman

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Edelman in May 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter emailed me about a phone interview. She was very unenthusiastic during our email exchanges. We set up a time for two days later, and the day of she called me 10 minutes late. I was at work and didn't appreciate it. When she called me she didn't even apologize for being late, she acted like she was on time. I am honestly confused why she even set up a phone interview because it was apparent from the beginning she wasn't seriously considering me. She asked me the normal questions, nothing too difficult. At the end, she said the position was filled and she would let me know if anything opened up in the future. This was clearly a lie, because why would she waste her time doing a phone interview if the position actually was filled? She just didn't want to outright say that I wouldn't be continuing in the process. It was a disappointing experience.

Interview Question – She grilled me as to why I had left my past jobs. It was very clear she had a negative idea in her mind, even though I left both on positive notes.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – I have interviewed with them many times at this point. They change the role they are hiring for or hire internally a lot even when interested in the candidate. You have to know someone to get a foot in the door and even then it can be difficult.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews and one Skype interview

Interview Question – Questions were expected and pretty easy!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is definitely room for negotiation, even if you're negotiating for a junior role. I wish I negotiated but I didn't.

Assistant Account Executive

Interview Details – Was referred by a friend who worked there, phone call from HR a few days later, came in for four interviews with each member of my would-be team, offer came a couple weeks later.

Negotiation Details – I took their first offer. As someone new to PR, I wasn't in a position to negotiate salary.

Assistant Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back from a recruiter approximately 2-3 weeks later. I was first emailed and then I was given an initial phone screening where I just ran through my resume. Then I was asked for my availability to come into the office for an interview. I came in a few days later and met with four different account members, one at a time. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with each of them. They asked the standard "tell me about yourself" type questions. I walked away feeling good about the interview but was told a couple of days later that it was a highly competitive interview process and they picked someone with more experience.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for an entry-level position online and then sent my information to the recruiter via e-mail. Was called back a week or two later for a phone screening. I was then asked to go in for an in-person interview. I met with 3 team members during a 2-hour period. I was then asked to come back for a second round interview with the VP of the team and then take a grammar and writing test. They called each of my references and I was offered the job a few weeks later.

Interview Question – The writing sample is different for each person, so it could be a press release, client-note, op-ed, byline, etc. Prepare for each!   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Came in 2 days, met with 5 different people and then sat for a writing test which included 30 questions on spelling/grammar/etc. and had to write a press release.

Interview Question – Can't say I have any unexpected/difficult questions. Everything was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds of interviews to meet with 1-2 people at a time; can be stressful if you don't live near by or have a job.

Negotiation Details – No, it was not negotiable but that was during tougher economic times.

Assistant Account Executive

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career database and then had an on campus interview. I was interviewed by two young women from HR and they asked very standard questions about my resume, teamwork skills, and why I wanted to work for Edelman.

Interview Question – What was the biggest mistake you have ever made?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – The hiring process is characterized by a lack of transparency. You go through countless interviews and don't hear back from them. Recruiters tell you there is an opening and then there is no longer an opening. Not very straightforward.

Interview Question – How would you deal with monotone and mundane everyday tasks?   Answer Question

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!