Edelman Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015
Updated Mar 7, 2015

3.2

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

It was a pretty standard interviewing process. Had a phone screen with the recruiting manager followed by two in-person interviews with multiple Edelman employees. The recruiting manager was very professional and responsive.

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman.

Had a phone interview that went well with the HR representative. Was asked to come in and meet with two of the team members and thought the interview had gone well. I emailed them that afternoon to thank all three people and only heard back from one. After several weeks with no response I reached out to the HR representative again and heard nothing in return. I was shocked to learn NYC's top PR firm didn't even have the decency to email me saying they weren't interested or had gone with another person. It was like the whole process hadn't even happened and they fell of the face of the planet. Very weird.

Interview Questions
    • All normal questions, it was more like a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman.

I have interviewed with them many times at this point. They change the role they are hiring for or hire internally a lot even when interested in the candidate. You have to know someone to get a foot in the door and even then it can be difficult.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Edelman in May 2014.

The recruiter emailed me about a phone interview. She was very unenthusiastic during our email exchanges. We set up a time for two days later, and the day of she called me 10 minutes late. I was at work and didn't appreciate it. When she called me she didn't even apologize for being late, she acted like she was on time. I am honestly confused why she even set up a phone interview because it was apparent from the beginning she wasn't seriously considering me. She asked me the normal questions, nothing too difficult. At the end, she said the position was filled and she would let me know if anything opened up in the future. This was clearly a lie, because why would she waste her time doing a phone interview if the position actually was filled? She just didn't want to outright say that I wouldn't be continuing in the process. It was a disappointing experience.

Interview Questions
    • She grilled me as to why I had left my past jobs. It was very clear she had a negative idea in her mind, even though I left both on positive notes.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

Several phone interviews and one Skype interview

Interview Questions
    There is definitely room for negotiation, even if you're negotiating for a junior role. I wish I negotiated but I didn't.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Was referred by a friend who worked there, phone call from HR a few days later, came in for four interviews with each member of my would-be team, offer came a couple weeks later.

I took their first offer. As someone new to PR, I wasn't in a position to negotiate salary.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter approximately 2-3 weeks later. I was first emailed and then I was given an initial phone screening where I just ran through my resume. Then I was asked for my availability to come into the office for an interview. I came in a few days later and met with four different account members, one at a time. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with each of them. They asked the standard "tell me about yourself" type questions. I walked away feeling good about the interview but was told a couple of days later that it was a highly competitive interview process and they picked someone with more experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Edelman.

Came in 2 days, met with 5 different people and then sat for a writing test which included 30 questions on spelling/grammar/etc. and had to write a press release.

Interview Questions
    • Can't say I have any unexpected/difficult questions. Everything was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

Multiple rounds of interviews to meet with 1-2 people at a time; can be stressful if you don't live near by or have a job.

No, it was not negotiable but that was during tougher economic times.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

I applied through my university's career database and then had an on campus interview. I was interviewed by two young women from HR and they asked very standard questions about my resume, teamwork skills, and why I wanted to work for Edelman.