Edelman

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews and one Skype interview

Interview Question – Questions were expected and pretty easy!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is definitely room for negotiation, even if you're negotiating for a junior role. I wish I negotiated but I didn't.

Assistant Account Executive

Interview Details – Was referred by a friend who worked there, phone call from HR a few days later, came in for four interviews with each member of my would-be team, offer came a couple weeks later.

Negotiation Details – I took their first offer. As someone new to PR, I wasn't in a position to negotiate salary.

Assistant Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back from a recruiter approximately 2-3 weeks later. I was first emailed and then I was given an initial phone screening where I just ran through my resume. Then I was asked for my availability to come into the office for an interview. I came in a few days later and met with four different account members, one at a time. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with each of them. They asked the standard "tell me about yourself" type questions. I walked away feeling good about the interview but was told a couple of days later that it was a highly competitive interview process and they picked someone with more experience.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for an entry-level position online and then sent my information to the recruiter via e-mail. Was called back a week or two later for a phone screening. I was then asked to go in for an in-person interview. I met with 3 team members during a 2-hour period. I was then asked to come back for a second round interview with the VP of the team and then take a grammar and writing test. They called each of my references and I was offered the job a few weeks later.

Interview Question – The writing sample is different for each person, so it could be a press release, client-note, op-ed, byline, etc. Prepare for each!   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Came in 2 days, met with 5 different people and then sat for a writing test which included 30 questions on spelling/grammar/etc. and had to write a press release.

Interview Question – Can't say I have any unexpected/difficult questions. Everything was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds of interviews to meet with 1-2 people at a time; can be stressful if you don't live near by or have a job.

Negotiation Details – No, it was not negotiable but that was during tougher economic times.

Assistant Account Executive

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career database and then had an on campus interview. I was interviewed by two young women from HR and they asked very standard questions about my resume, teamwork skills, and why I wanted to work for Edelman.

Interview Question – What was the biggest mistake you have ever made?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – The hiring process is characterized by a lack of transparency. You go through countless interviews and don't hear back from them. Recruiters tell you there is an opening and then there is no longer an opening. Not very straightforward.

Interview Question – How would you deal with monotone and mundane everyday tasks?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in June 2012.

Interview Details – My resume was passed along through a networking connection. I was contacted about three weeks later by a Recruitment Assistant. We set up a brief introductory call where we mostly just talked through my resume, and what my interests were. I heard from her within the week through email that they'd like to set up a skype interview (I was not in close enough location to interview on-site).

My first interview took about 30 minutes and was basic background information into my work history and interests. At the conclusion of my first interview they said they would contact me for a second interview. I had my second interview one week later, and three employee's rotated in and out of the office. Basic interview questions around my work history and interests in the industry. Some questions referenced the writing test prompt. I was also asked to submit a few writing samples as a follow up to the interview.

The day after the interview, the recruiter followed up asking for references, and I had an offer within two days. I will advise that on my first day I met the recruitment assistant and she said she had never seen someone move through the process that fast.

In all I had a wonderful experience, a very friendly recruiter who made it seem like she genuinely wanted me as part of the Edelman team, and smooth relaxing interviews.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a boss you didn't get along with and how you overcame that indifference"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As this was my first job I chose not to negotiate, which proved to be a good choice as I later learned that another applicant at my level had tried to negotiate and then been turned away.

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in March 2012.

Interview Details – Sent resume to colleague, got a call from recruiter for a screening phone call. Came for an in-person interview with three team members. Took the writing test. Was called back for an interview with team senior vice president, but scheduling conflicts led to a phone interview. Was offered the job by phone.

Interview Question – Interview style was conversational and questions about my prior experience and goals were expected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edelman

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!

Edelman Videos

Edelman – Why Work for Us?

On October 1, 1952, Daniel J. Edelman and Associates was founded in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago with three employees servicing one client. More than 60 years later, with 67 offices and over 4,800 employees servicing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edelman Assistant Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Edelman employees and interview candidates.