Edelman

2.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman in November 2013.

Applied after seeing a post on LinkedIn about Spring internship position. Post was only up for about 3 days and apparently saw hundreds of applicants. Was emailed about 2-3 weeks afterwards from head of HR requesting an interview over the phone. A week later, the interview came and went. A week later, was asked if I could come in for a face-to-face interview with an SAE and an AE. Interview was very straightforward and asked very typical PR questions, like "What are your strengths/weaknesses", "Talk about a successful/unsuccessful PR campaign/initiative that is current and recent (what you liked/disliked about it). After this, they told me I would find out in about 3-4 weeks (beginning of December) if I got the position. They ended up telling me just before Thanksgiving that I got the job.

Edelman is HUGE into diversity, so you need to stand out in this regard and set yourself apart from fellow applicants. Also, they are very big into taking your own initiative and the entrepreneurial spirit, so showing leadership roles and taking risks also will look excellent.

Overall, extremely positive experience not solely because I got the internship, but the professionalism and courtesy extended to me was unrivaled. Very quick responses, kind/caring staff, and incredibly accommodating.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself fitting into the Edelman culture of diversity and the entrepreneurial spirit?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Edelman.

I applied through the online careers page for multiple Fall internships. About 2 weeks later I received an email asking to set up a phone interview with the SouthEast HR department for the Atlanta and Orlando internships. The recruiter called at the designated time. The interview lasted about 30 minutes with standard questions:
    Walk me through your resume
    What are you doing right now?
    How did you hear about Edelman and why do you want to intern here?
    What areas of PR most interest you?
    I was told that I would hear either way by the end of the month, but it took about 2 months to hear I hadn't been chosen to continue the process.

Interview Questions
    • She seemed to be very concerned that I would have to relocate for the internship. I kept stressing how I was 100% ready to take on the full financial responsibility of relocating, but she kept harping on it asking if I'd ever visited or lived in either city.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Edelman in October 2013.

5 minute phone interview and got asked back for second round.

EVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman.

Hired in as SVP, havng never worked for an agency. Interview process overall took four months and five return visits to talk with seven people in total. This was more than 8 years ago, though, so I don't think it would work this way now.

Interview Questions
    • How can you transition from a corporate environment, where you don't have to track time, to one in which billable time is measured and your pay is tied to satisfactory billings?   Answer Question
    Straightforward. I gave them a range that would be acceptable, they offered in the middle of the range, I requested a little more and got it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman in April 2013.

1 phone interview, 1 in-office interview with 2 AE's

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

The interview process was relatively simple for me as I joined the company following an internship. Additionally, the position was specifically created to support one account and the client's needs.

Interview Questions
    • What did I want to work on in five years?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was short as they issued a strong offer on the first round.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in February 2011.

Fairly straightforward interview - HR phone screening and then interview with SVP and VP on team. Also had to take a writing test where I wrote a public relations strategy for the launch of a new healthcare product and took a spelling a grammar test.

Interview Questions
    Negotiating was difficult with this company. I felt the salary was quite low and tried to negotiate higher, but was told over and over again that this was the average salary for my level in Atlanta. Have since learned Edelman is considered one of the lower paying agencies in general and in Atlanta.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman in September 2010.

I was referred by an SAE and encouraged to talk with their new SVP of digital. The SVP was a great guy, got along fantastically in our several conversations but it was tough to get specifics of the position from the HR person. I didn't get the position title, a job descripton or a salary range until the last meeting I had. Even though it was a digital strategy position, I had to take the writing test. Not a bad experience per se but the HR and SVP didn't communicate very well and it tuned out the position they wanted me for fell into a category about 2 levels below where I was in my career. I made my salary requirements and position details very clear to the SVP but the HR person was left out of that conversation. Kind of sucks because had I known those details I would not have spent money flying myself down twice.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Edelman in March 2010.

had to meet with 3 people at once. they were very friendly and explained the position, accounts, etc.