Edelman

2.9

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in September 2014.

The hiring process included submitting the initial application online, followed up by a quick call from one of the recruitment team, then a formal phone interview and a 2-step in person interview. The process was well organized and swift.

Interview Questions
    • During the initial in-person interview, the interviewer requested some very specific details about previous work, so be sure to go in with that data top of mind.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in June 2014.

Received email from HR for telephone screening, phone interview, and shortly and email with on site interview. Met with 3 people ranging from 30 min. each. No unexpected odd ball questions. Was told that I had a impressive resume.

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Edelman.

Contacted via LinkedIn. Passed on a few interview requests. After a few months agreed to interview with Corporate Team. They were slow to keep the process moving and the HR coordinator mixed up some meetings. After being told that the job was essentially mine pending a final step, they they promoted someone internally.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard. They seemed to be most interested in my corporate background and management history.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

Two rounds of interviews with about 3-4 people each time, we met in the office and they asked pretty standard questions about my experience. There was a writing test .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a little bit, but they really did present their best offer upfront.

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Edelman.

The interview lasted about 2 hours, and I talked to 4 different people. The interviewers were all very friendly and casual. There were no basic interview questions ("What's your greatest stregnth/weakness", etc), just a series of very conversational, getting-to-know-you questions.

Senior Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Edelman in October 2013.

They contacted me off of my LinkedIn profile. Based on a phone interview with one of Edelman's HR reps they brought me in for a 4 hour, 5 person interview. The first person I met with was the HR rep I had spoken with. He was very heavy on the benefits package, which is impressive. I have never interviewed with a company that offers a 4 week sabbatical after 10 years of employment.
    It was all downhill after that. The next person I interviewed with was the director of development. I asked her what the project was they were hiring for and she told me it was a management dashboard. That was as detailed a description of their technical environment as I was going to get. Since its not obvious what a PR Firm's IT department would be responsible for, this was not a minor issue with me. I've worked in IT for law firms and they have a very limited set of responsibilities. I wasn't interested in returning to a similar environment. I don't remember much else out of the interview. Just that it did run the full 4 hours.
    Given the fact that they contacted me and I had to take a full day off of work to make the interview, I would expect some form of communication from them as to the results of the interview. I gather from the posting on Glassdoor a day ago that they won't be extending an offer. I think that's pretty cheesy, particularly for a PR firm. I spent much more of my time on the interview than anyone at Edelman and they should at least have the decency to fire off an email. Seems like pretty bad PR for a PR firm.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. The only technical questions I recall was one on cubes vs. tables and use of source code control.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

-Very thorough communication throughout the entire process.
    -No curve ball questions - just come in ready with smart answers and smart questions.
    -Know the space - they don't expect you to know everything about the clients, but have reporters, outlets, ideas in mind.

Able to negotiate.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in July 2013.

Hiring and interview process was smooth. I'd interviewed previously with the HR professional, so we didn't go over any of the things we had previously. I had a half day interview, spending time with each person, I would be working with, including the person I was taking over for, as well as testing on applications. I was even able to discuss my benefits questions with the HR professional. The group did a thorough Interview, getting an understanding of whether I would fit into their team and be effective.

Interview Questions
    • none of the standard "interview questions" it was more of a conversation to find out my work style and ethics.   Answer Question

Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Edelman.

Was interviewed by 4 people and it was a good interview. Everyone was very friendly & welcoming. They seemed to appreciate all the experience I had in accounting. They offered me the position very shortly after the interviews and I have been with the company ever since.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any I couldn't answer or any unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    I told them how much I wanted and they agreed to it.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman in May 2013.

I applied through the website and heard back from HR a few days later. They asked me to drive to their Chicago offices (I live about four hours away) to interview with some people. The HR assistant was SUPER friendly and welcoming, and very helpful with any questions I had, although the receptionist seemed a little cold. I first met with two senior level managers in a group interview. They told me upfront that they didn't think I was quite ready for the role I was interviewing for, but that they had a position one level down that they felt I would be ideal for. That was a little awkward, but I appreciated their candor. Then I met with three other people (about a half hour each).

About a week later HR did a phone interview with me, then asked me to come to Chicago AGAIN for another day of interviews -- four more people for half an hour each. Everyone was lovely, smart and welcoming, but I was surprised that the company never offered to reimburse me for travel -- I'd spent a total of 16 hours driving for these interviews (several tanks of gas), plus had to pay for parking each visit, which is $40 in the building.

Anyway, I had two more phone interviews the next week, and then the head HR person called me and said, "We're going to make you an offer next week" and then he proposed a tentative start date of three weeks from that day. I was actually sort of annoyed because this was a Friday, and now I was in this weird limbo of knowing I was going to get an offer -- but not knowing how much they were going to offer me -- AND panicking because this meant I would have to relocate to Chicago within three weeks. I felt it was a little disrespectful to sort of tease me like that.

He then said I needed to complete a personality test and skills test online. The skills test surprised me - there was a TON of math (algebra and higher), which seemed odd considering this is a PR job.

Here's where the experience went sort of badly -- the following week, the one the HR guy promised he would call to make me the formal offer -- came and went without any contact from them. Mind you, my start date is now two weeks away and I still haven't been presented with the formal offer -- and I still have to relocate. So I emailed him and asked if he knew when he would have the offer. He promised he'd have it by the middle of next week. That next week came and went and still nothing. Now we're ONE week away from my tentative start date. I emailed him AGAIN and he finally said, "So sorry, I just got approval on your offer, I'll call you about it shortly." I expected to get the call within hours. Instead, he called THREE days later.

The offer itself was pretty low considering the senior level position and my experience, and it didn't include any relocation, even though they had stalled for three weeks and wanted me out there ASAP. I countered for more money and relocation, and he came back a few days later with $2k in relocation (I would have to front the money, they would reimburse me) but wouldn't budge on salary.

When I eventually turned down the offer, he was really quite rude with me and said, "Well, it would have been nice to know this earlier so we could have looked at other candidates." Um, what?? How was I supposed to know I was going to turn down the offer until you actually MADE me an offer?

The people and culture seemed awesome, but the hiring experience was surprisingly unprofessional considering how massive the company is, and the salary and relo money were really low.

Interview Questions

Salary was too low, relocation was too low, hiring process sort of soured me on the company, felt the culture was a bit too corporate for what I was looking for.