Edelman Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.9

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Accounts Receivable Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in June 2014.

Received email from HR for telephone screening, phone interview, and shortly and email with on site interview. Met with 3 people ranging from 30 min. each. No unexpected odd ball questions. Was told that I had a impressive resume.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in March 2012.

Questions were pretty standard talking about background and experience. Interview was too the point and interviewer seemed to be genuinely interested. I answered clearly but they do ask follow up questions to get more detail. Some questions were very starightforward and expected, others not so much.

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Edelman.

Contacted via LinkedIn. Passed on a few interview requests. After a few months agreed to interview with Corporate Team. They were slow to keep the process moving and the HR coordinator mixed up some meetings. After being told that the job was essentially mine pending a final step, they they promoted someone internally.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard. They seemed to be most interested in my corporate background and management history.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Two rounds of interviews with about 3-4 people each time, we met in the office and they asked pretty standard questions about my experience. There was a writing test .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a little bit, but they really did present their best offer upfront.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in October 2011.

I had several phone interviews and a lengthy in person interview. I felt that everything went very well and I even followed up with each person. I never received an email or call back from HR letting me know about the position.

Interview Questions
    • What writings of yours have been published?   View Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Edelman in March 2011.

Long long long - had to go back at least 4 times to meet several levels of people - they didn't really want to work around my work schedule and they weren't thrilled that I wanted to come in before 9 a.m. or after 5 p.m.

Interview Questions
    • None - they were so basic it was a joke - they had me interviewed by account executives, senior account executives and questions were - what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses; how would you supervise and treat us -   View Answer
    A joke - they told me this is the offer - take it or leave it - thought it was rude to say the least

Senior Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Edelman in October 2013.

They contacted me off of my LinkedIn profile. Based on a phone interview with one of Edelman's HR reps they brought me in for a 4 hour, 5 person interview. The first person I met with was the HR rep I had spoken with. He was very heavy on the benefits package, which is impressive. I have never interviewed with a company that offers a 4 week sabbatical after 10 years of employment.
    It was all downhill after that. The next person I interviewed with was the director of development. I asked her what the project was they were hiring for and she told me it was a management dashboard. That was as detailed a description of their technical environment as I was going to get. Since its not obvious what a PR Firm's IT department would be responsible for, this was not a minor issue with me. I've worked in IT for law firms and they have a very limited set of responsibilities. I wasn't interested in returning to a similar environment. I don't remember much else out of the interview. Just that it did run the full 4 hours.
    Given the fact that they contacted me and I had to take a full day off of work to make the interview, I would expect some form of communication from them as to the results of the interview. I gather from the posting on Glassdoor a day ago that they won't be extending an offer. I think that's pretty cheesy, particularly for a PR firm. I spent much more of my time on the interview than anyone at Edelman and they should at least have the decency to fire off an email. Seems like pretty bad PR for a PR firm.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. The only technical questions I recall was one on cubes vs. tables and use of source code control.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in November 2012.

Great Experience. Smooth Sailing.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in August 2012.

Applied for an entry-level position online and then sent my information to the recruiter via e-mail. Was called back a week or two later for a phone screening. I was then asked to go in for an in-person interview. I met with 3 team members during a 2-hour period. I was then asked to come back for a second round interview with the VP of the team and then take a grammar and writing test. They called each of my references and I was offered the job a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • The writing sample is different for each person, so it could be a press release, client-note, op-ed, byline, etc. Prepare for each!   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in July 2013.

Hiring and interview process was smooth. I'd interviewed previously with the HR professional, so we didn't go over any of the things we had previously. I had a half day interview, spending time with each person, I would be working with, including the person I was taking over for, as well as testing on applications. I was even able to discuss my benefits questions with the HR professional. The group did a thorough Interview, getting an understanding of whether I would fit into their team and be effective.

Interview Questions
    • none of the standard "interview questions" it was more of a conversation to find out my work style and ethics.   Answer Question

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!