Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin

Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin in August 2013.

Very straightforward. I applied through my university's career database (Edelman hires almost exclusively from Northwestern and UChicago alone). Came in for an interview two weeks later (I met with two of the partners). Questions were mainly about my resume and if/why I wanted to pursue a career in law. I received a callback with an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    Salary and benefits are NOT negotiable. It was a take it or leave it scenario.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin in April 2011.

I interviewed with two attorneys. They were very nice. Their questions mostly revolved around my previous work experience and my personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin in April 2009.

The interview was only a 30 minutes total (and there was only one round). Personality-based interview with very basic/expected questions regarding why do you want to work in a law office, career aspirations, where do you see yourself in 5yrs, and description of your skills (attention to detail, organization, communication being important ones).

The interviewers seemed very nice, but there was very little specificity about the exact nature of the work or area of law the specific position would have exposure to -- I would suggest asking as this information will shape your experience at ECLG.

Interview Questions
    • Your resume shows a lot of diverse interests; why do you want to work in a law office?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation - not on salary, start date, etc. It was a "take it or leave it" situation.

Be ready to accept when you call back about the hiring decision, because they only give you 2-4 days to decide.