Edelman Financial Services Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edelman Financial Services

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edelman Financial Services (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

This was by far one of the best interview experiences I've ever had! It was relatively smooth and speedy without feeling rushed, which is not an easy thing to pull off when trying to fill multiple positions at the same time, so kudos to the recruitment team for that.

I received an email from the recruiter within days of submitting my online application. Over the course of a few weeks, I had one phone interview with the recruiter and two rounds of in-person interviews with my future manager and several coworkers. Salary negotiations took a day or two and the background/credit checks took about a week. All in all, the process from application to clearance took about 6 weeks.

The recruiter was accessible and very thoughtful, keeping me informed at every step of the process. She was even willing to reschedule some of my interviews due to poor weather conditions, which goes to show they really care about people, not just filling positions.

The interviewers were pleasant and professional. They weren't there to intimidate you or trip you up.
    They just wanted to get to know you on a professional level, so be prepared for a good mix of skills-based and personality-based questions.

My advice for interviewees: Be professional, be prepared and be yourself. And if you aren't familiar with the financial services industry, you should know that if you get hired, you'll need to provide information about any of your outside business activities and outside brokerage accounts. This is necessary because the industry is highly regulated, so the firm must do its due diligence to mitigate any potential risks/damage to its clients, its employees or itself by identifying potential conflicts of interest early on. But don't worry - they are more than willing to answer any questions/concerns you might have, so don't be afraid to ask.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman Financial Services (Fairfax, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone screen the day after I applied. I was told who it was, how much time to carve out and what time they would call.

Phone screen ran a little long but the convo was great. A couple days later I was moved forward to an in person interviews. Before that I think they checked my credit which I thought was weird but understood. My recruiter told me what to expect, how much time it would take and what to do to prepare.

It was an all day interview. First interview was with the recruiter, second interview with my future boss and colleague, then my future bosses Boss and another colleague. They asked similar questions but I could tell it was all about how the position interacted with each role.

Afterwards, I was asked to do a background screen. I was told if that cleared they would let me know next steps.

I was brought in to meet my boss's, boss's boss (phew!) for a final interview. Before meeting him, my now boss prepped me and debriefed me right after.

Found out that my background cleared and I was offered the position! I think they checked references at some point too.

Before I started I had a stack of paperwork to complete including being fingerprinted. Made onboarding easier onsite.

Total time from phone screen to offer was 1 month and 2 weeks. I was able to negotiate salary and was given a few days to consider the offer (pretty standard).

Felt like a very professional recruitment and on-boarding!

Interview Questions

• Have you heard of Ric Edelman? If so what do you know about him?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are willing to negotiate if you are worth it. You have to prove that. They are more than fair. Met me halfway between what they originally offered and what I asked for.

I had a counter offer (actually 2) on the table so that probably had an affect,

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Edelman Financial Services.

Interview

My interview experience was negative in my opinion. I would rather not go into specifics in public but it should have raised a lot of red flags. The first two weeks of the job are spent in Fairfax, VA for training.

Interview Questions

• I thought the questions were pretty straight forward. Describe a positive/negative customer service experience, etc.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Edelman Financial Services (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Easy laid back interviiew, very easy, more getting to know you and simple conversation. This is a better approach because nowadays interviews seem fake , and answers are fixated. The interviewer seems to want to know about you as an individual - what your hobbies are , recreational acitivity etc Very nice office setting, laid back office. People were extremely kind and helpful. This looks like a great firm to work for. I did not accept their offer as I received a better opportunity. They do offer a wonderful benefits package.

Interview Questions

• what was a difficult situation you were in and how did you overcome it   Answer Question