Edelman Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.8

Interview

Interview Questions

• this was a very common interview. the process started online with filling out a questionaire and submitting documents. I was called in a week later to interview for the position- asked about experience, goals, why I thought I would be a good fit for the company, why I chose the company, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

HR phone interview, in-person interview with potential supervisor/manager, 2nd round interview with potential team members. Questions were average, no "scenario" questions, relatively informal with in-person interviews onsite. About 3 weeks turnaround from initial HR call to 1st and 2nd round interviews. Positive experience overall.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and was contacted by a recruiter 2 weeks later. We talked about the internship, different areas of Edelman and then set up an interview for the following week. My interviewers were incredibly nice and made the whole process very relaxed. Had me walk through my resume and how my experience applied. Very standard questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Applied online and quickly received an email to schedule a Skype interview. The HR representative was very nice and the process was quite smooth. The questions were mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many difficult questions. Simply wanted to know what you would be interested in doing with the company and how you see your skills translate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I received a call from HR coordinator who was very nice and she told me about the position over the phone. We scheduled an in-person interview for a week later. I met with three people, 2 people for 30 mins and 1 person for 30 mins. They were very friendly and asked straightforward questions. I did not feel caught off guard by any questions. Afterwards they sent me a spelling and grammar test to take online at home. Overall, a good interview experience and they were really nice.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my past experiences.
      Asked a question about how we went about marketing for a former client at my past job.
      One interviewer used some verbiage that I was unfamiliar with while asking about my past methods of outreach.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

HR and recruiting team made the process seamless and fast, the turn around was about 2 week... I felt like I was challenged but overall it wasn't too difficult...I would suggest to look at companys website and do a lot of research before the interview and have an "elevator pitch" prepared about why you would want to work for Edelman opposed to any other company

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in June 2014.

Interview

Applied to Edelman's Fall Internship Program in Washington, D.C. I was contacted about 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. I concede that maybe I was in the wrong frame of mind, but I felt that the interviewer was stiff. It seemed as though she was reading pre-written questions and responses, sometimes just repeating my question back to me. I did not gain much helpful information about the company. The interview lasted about 25 minutes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

Interview

-Applied through the career site and was contacted within a few days by a friendly recruiter
    -Standard phone screen comprised of questions about education and experience
    -Classic industry related questions. Why Edelman why PR etc.?
    -Invited for an onsite interview within days
    -Met with two Professions for about 45 minutes each
    -Completed Spelling and Grammar Assesment

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Edelman (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Process took about four weeks. Phone Interview and then in-person interview. Never heard back from hiring manager or anyone else at Edelman. I was sure I had the job, but no one ever contacted me. Emailed and called several times, no response. Communication is very bad at the Houston office.

Interview Questions

• Just asked about past PR experiences and why I wanted to work for Edelman.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

Skype interview - very casual. Walk through resume, background information, etc. Then did a writing and grammar test.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was that there weren't very standard "Why this company?" questions   Answer Question