Edelman

Average Difficulty
47 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Edelman

Interview Details – HR and recruiting team made the process seamless and fast, the turn around was about 2 week... I felt like I was challenged but overall it wasn't too difficult...I would suggest to look at companys website and do a lot of research before the interview and have an "elevator pitch" prepared about why you would want to work for Edelman opposed to any other company

Interview Question – Name a mistake you have made recently   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had 1, in-person interview with 2 of the senior members of the office. The interview lasted about 2 hours and I heard back within a week. I personally do not have a PR background (not my major in undergrad) but had the qualities they expressed were necessary to succeed in the position. However, I think if I had, had some PR experience I probably would have gotten the offer.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in March 2012.

Interview Details – Questions were pretty standard talking about background and experience. Interview was too the point and interviewer seemed to be genuinely interested. I answered clearly but they do ask follow up questions to get more detail. Some questions were very starightforward and expected, others not so much.

Interview Question – What is your proudest work achievement   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in May 2014.

Interview Details – Process took about four weeks. Phone Interview and then in-person interview. Never heard back from hiring manager or anyone else at Edelman. I was sure I had the job, but no one ever contacted me. Emailed and called several times, no response. Communication is very bad at the Houston office.

Interview Question – Just asked about past PR experiences and why I wanted to work for Edelman.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – -Applied through the career site and was contacted within a few days by a friendly recruiter
-Standard phone screen comprised of questions about education and experience
-Classic industry related questions. Why Edelman why PR etc.?
-Invited for an onsite interview within days
-Met with two Professions for about 45 minutes each
-Completed Spelling and Grammar Assesment

Interview Question – Very standard questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in April 2013.

Interview Details – One interview with HR lady in charge of the diversity program I was a part of. Got the offer within the next week.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Skype interview - very casual. Walk through resume, background information, etc. Then did a writing and grammar test.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was that there weren't very standard "Why this company?" questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Sent my resume in to employee who connected me with member of HR...Two week span in between that - Was invited to come into the office and interview

Interview Question – If you could work for any account, which would it be?   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – I was first contacted via email by the HR representative asking to schedule a phone interview with them. Questions like, "Why Edelman?" "Why PR?" were asked. Hearing a response back took about a week. I was selected for an in-person interview where you are interviewed by a panel of three; your potential manager, an account executive and a senior account supervisor. Questions like, "Give me a time when you worked with a team of people to get something done, and what was your role." "What are your strengths and weaknesses." "Why Edelman and not another boutique or major agency competitor of ours?" Pretty standard questions, you really just have to show them that you want the position.

After the interview, there was a 30-minute grammar test you had to take. Those questions included punctuation usage, effect/affect, etc.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Edelman in April 2013.

Interview Details – I went through about 3 interviews. Honestly, the best thing I did was know as much information about the company that was deeper than what was available on their website or just headlines.

Interview Question – Pretty basic questions   Answer Question

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!