Edelman Intern Interview Questions

2.8

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in August 2014.

I received a call from HR coordinator who was very nice and she told me about the position over the phone. We scheduled an in-person interview for a week later. I met with three people, 2 people for 30 mins and 1 person for 30 mins. They were very friendly and asked straightforward questions. I did not feel caught off guard by any questions. Afterwards they sent me a spelling and grammar test to take online at home. Overall, a good interview experience and they were really nice.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly questions about my past experiences.
    Asked a question about how we went about marketing for a former client at my past job.
    One interviewer used some verbiage that I was unfamiliar with while asking about my past methods of outreach.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Edelman

Intern Interview

HR and recruiting team made the process seamless and fast, the turn around was about 2 week... I felt like I was challenged but overall it wasn't too difficult...I would suggest to look at companys website and do a lot of research before the interview and have an "elevator pitch" prepared about why you would want to work for Edelman opposed to any other company

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in June 2014.

Applied to Edelman's Fall Internship Program in Washington, D.C. I was contacted about 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. I concede that maybe I was in the wrong frame of mind, but I felt that the interviewer was stiff. It seemed as though she was reading pre-written questions and responses, sometimes just repeating my question back to me. I did not gain much helpful information about the company. The interview lasted about 25 minutes.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

-Applied through the career site and was contacted within a few days by a friendly recruiter
    -Standard phone screen comprised of questions about education and experience
    -Classic industry related questions. Why Edelman why PR etc.?
    -Invited for an onsite interview within days
    -Met with two Professions for about 45 minutes each
    -Completed Spelling and Grammar Assesment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in May 2014.

Process took about four weeks. Phone Interview and then in-person interview. Never heard back from hiring manager or anyone else at Edelman. I was sure I had the job, but no one ever contacted me. Emailed and called several times, no response. Communication is very bad at the Houston office.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked about past PR experiences and why I wanted to work for Edelman.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman.

Skype interview - very casual. Walk through resume, background information, etc. Then did a writing and grammar test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was that there weren't very standard "Why this company?" questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman.

Sent my resume in to employee who connected me with member of HR...Two week span in between that - Was invited to come into the office and interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Edelman.

I was first contacted via email by the HR representative asking to schedule a phone interview with them. Questions like, "Why Edelman?" "Why PR?" were asked. Hearing a response back took about a week. I was selected for an in-person interview where you are interviewed by a panel of three; your potential manager, an account executive and a senior account supervisor. Questions like, "Give me a time when you worked with a team of people to get something done, and what was your role." "What are your strengths and weaknesses." "Why Edelman and not another boutique or major agency competitor of ours?" Pretty standard questions, you really just have to show them that you want the position.

After the interview, there was a 30-minute grammar test you had to take. Those questions included punctuation usage, effect/affect, etc.

No negotiation.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in January 2014.

Applied online, received an email from HR requesting to set up a phone interview with two SAEs. After the phone interview, they requested writing samples and another phone interview was scheduled with someone from a different department in the office. Received the offer about a week after the second interview

Interview Questions
    • What brand would you most like to work for? How would you handle x issue for brand x?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in November 2013.

Brought in for an in face interview with my direct supervisor to be. Follow up call from a more senior member of team. Brought in for a writing sample.

Interview Questions
    Not bad, the internship program is pretty set.