Edelman

Getting the Interview

39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Sent my resume in to employee who connected me with member of HR...Two week span in between that - Was invited to come into the office and interview

Interview Question – If you could work for any account, which would it be?   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – I was first contacted via email by the HR representative asking to schedule a phone interview with them. Questions like, "Why Edelman?" "Why PR?" were asked. Hearing a response back took about a week. I was selected for an in-person interview where you are interviewed by a panel of three; your potential manager, an account executive and a senior account supervisor. Questions like, "Give me a time when you worked with a team of people to get something done, and what was your role." "What are your strengths and weaknesses." "Why Edelman and not another boutique or major agency competitor of ours?" Pretty standard questions, you really just have to show them that you want the position.

After the interview, there was a 30-minute grammar test you had to take. Those questions included punctuation usage, effect/affect, etc.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Edelman in April 2013.

Interview Details – I went through about 3 interviews. Honestly, the best thing I did was know as much information about the company that was deeper than what was available on their website or just headlines.

Interview Question – Pretty basic questions   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in November 2013.

Interview Details – Brought in for an in face interview with my direct supervisor to be. Follow up call from a more senior member of team. Brought in for a writing sample.

Interview Question – What are your weakest aspects?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not bad, the internship program is pretty set.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email from HR requesting to set up a phone interview with two SAEs. After the phone interview, they requested writing samples and another phone interview was scheduled with someone from a different department in the office. Received the offer about a week after the second interview

Interview Question – What brand would you most like to work for? How would you handle x issue for brand x?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – I applied through the online careers page for multiple Fall internships. About 2 weeks later I received an email asking to set up a phone interview with the SouthEast HR department for the Atlanta and Orlando internships. The recruiter called at the designated time. The interview lasted about 30 minutes with standard questions:
Walk me through your resume
What are you doing right now?
How did you hear about Edelman and why do you want to intern here?
What areas of PR most interest you?
I was told that I would hear either way by the end of the month, but it took about 2 months to hear I hadn't been chosen to continue the process.

Interview Question – She seemed to be very concerned that I would have to relocate for the internship. I kept stressing how I was 100% ready to take on the full financial responsibility of relocating, but she kept harping on it asking if I'd ever visited or lived in either city.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Edelman

Interview Details – I received an email to arrange a time to conduct a phone interview. The interview went and I was asked all of the normal interview questions. Tell me about yourself, etc, etc.

Interview Question – The hardest experience   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edelman in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 1 in-office interview with 2 AE's

New York, NY

I interviewed at Edelman in December 2012.

Interview Question – Why Edelman?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I interviewed at Edelman in October 2012.

Interview Details – I wasn't even contacted for a phone interview even though I had inside contacts, although, I didn't know it wasn't a phone interview at the time. Apparently, I went through a more elementary step: a phone screening. The person with whom I spoke sounded like they did not want to talk to me and was very rude - I was pretty sure this person was having a bad day and took it out on me. Oh well, I wouldn't want to work for people with such a bad attitude anyway...

Interview Question – What area are you interested in working?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edelman

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!

Edelman Videos

Edelman – Why Work for Us?

On October 1, 1952, Daniel J. Edelman and Associates was founded in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago with three employees servicing one client. More than 60 years later, with 67 offices and over 4,800 employees servicing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edelman Intern interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Edelman employees and interview candidates.