Edelman

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in March 2012.

Interview Details – Questions were pretty standard talking about background and experience. Interview was too the point and interviewer seemed to be genuinely interested. I answered clearly but they do ask follow up questions to get more detail. Some questions were very starightforward and expected, others not so much.

Interview Question – What is your proudest work achievement   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in May 2014.

Interview Details – Process took about four weeks. Phone Interview and then in-person interview. Never heard back from hiring manager or anyone else at Edelman. I was sure I had the job, but no one ever contacted me. Emailed and called several times, no response. Communication is very bad at the Houston office.

Interview Question – Just asked about past PR experiences and why I wanted to work for Edelman.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – -Applied through the career site and was contacted within a few days by a friendly recruiter
-Standard phone screen comprised of questions about education and experience
-Classic industry related questions. Why Edelman why PR etc.?
-Invited for an onsite interview within days
-Met with two Professions for about 45 minutes each
-Completed Spelling and Grammar Assesment

Interview Question – Very standard questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in April 2013.

Interview Details – One interview with HR lady in charge of the diversity program I was a part of. Got the offer within the next week.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Skype interview - very casual. Walk through resume, background information, etc. Then did a writing and grammar test.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was that there weren't very standard "Why this company?" questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Sent my resume in to employee who connected me with member of HR...Two week span in between that - Was invited to come into the office and interview

Interview Question – If you could work for any account, which would it be?   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – I was first contacted via email by the HR representative asking to schedule a phone interview with them. Questions like, "Why Edelman?" "Why PR?" were asked. Hearing a response back took about a week. I was selected for an in-person interview where you are interviewed by a panel of three; your potential manager, an account executive and a senior account supervisor. Questions like, "Give me a time when you worked with a team of people to get something done, and what was your role." "What are your strengths and weaknesses." "Why Edelman and not another boutique or major agency competitor of ours?" Pretty standard questions, you really just have to show them that you want the position.

After the interview, there was a 30-minute grammar test you had to take. Those questions included punctuation usage, effect/affect, etc.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Edelman in April 2013.

Interview Details – I went through about 3 interviews. Honestly, the best thing I did was know as much information about the company that was deeper than what was available on their website or just headlines.

Interview Question – Pretty basic questions   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in November 2013.

Interview Details – Brought in for an in face interview with my direct supervisor to be. Follow up call from a more senior member of team. Brought in for a writing sample.

Interview Question – What are your weakest aspects?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not bad, the internship program is pretty set.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email from HR requesting to set up a phone interview with two SAEs. After the phone interview, they requested writing samples and another phone interview was scheduled with someone from a different department in the office. Received the offer about a week after the second interview

Interview Question – What brand would you most like to work for? How would you handle x issue for brand x?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edelman

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!

Edelman Videos

Edelman – Why Work for Us?

On October 1, 1952, Daniel J. Edelman and Associates was founded in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago with three employees servicing one client. More than 60 years later, with 67 offices and over 4,800 employees servicing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edelman Intern interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Edelman employees and interview candidates.