Edelman

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Edelman in November 2013.

Interview Details – Send in a resume, cover letter, several writing samples; then was contacted by a recruiter to set up an in person interview.

Interview Question – During this interview you will be asked to be interacting with ___________ on a daily basis. What strategies or messages do you feel would be most effective in reaching that public?   Answer Question

Internship
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edelman in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied after seeing a post on LinkedIn about Spring internship position. Post was only up for about 3 days and apparently saw hundreds of applicants. Was emailed about 2-3 weeks afterwards from head of HR requesting an interview over the phone. A week later, the interview came and went. A week later, was asked if I could come in for a face-to-face interview with an SAE and an AE. Interview was very straightforward and asked very typical PR questions, like "What are your strengths/weaknesses", "Talk about a successful/unsuccessful PR campaign/initiative that is current and recent (what you liked/disliked about it). After this, they told me I would find out in about 3-4 weeks (beginning of December) if I got the position. They ended up telling me just before Thanksgiving that I got the job.

Edelman is HUGE into diversity, so you need to stand out in this regard and set yourself apart from fellow applicants. Also, they are very big into taking your own initiative and the entrepreneurial spirit, so showing leadership roles and taking risks also will look excellent.

Overall, extremely positive experience not solely because I got the internship, but the professionalism and courtesy extended to me was unrivaled. Very quick responses, kind/caring staff, and incredibly accommodating.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself fitting into the Edelman culture of diversity and the entrepreneurial spirit?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Edelman in October 2013.

Interview Details – 5 minute phone interview and got asked back for second round.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Edelman

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!

Edelman Videos

Edelman – Why Work for Us?

On October 1, 1952, Daniel J. Edelman and Associates was founded in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago with three employees servicing one client. More than 60 years later, with 67 offices and over 4,800 employees servicing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Edelman Internship interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Edelman employees and interview candidates.