Edelman Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with an HR representative and we had a 30 minute interview. At the end she told me that there were no positions available and that I reach out a significant period later. So I did and followed up with her. She emailed me back with positions available and applied. She emailed me to schedule something and never responded. I emailed her at least five times in the time span of 3 months.

As a HR representative at a highly respected firm, I am utterly shocked at how unprofessional the HR representative is. It's one to say that there aren't any emails, but another to just completely not respond. Very unprofessional HR at such a great company which is unfortunate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

Interview

I was invited to a "mixer" for the enrichment program. There was a panel with current employees and then an hour to mingle with the employees and ask them questions about the program. It was kind of awkward because they did not ask us any questions, but left it open for us to brag about ourselves or ask them questions about Edelman.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• this was a very common interview. the process started online with filling out a questionaire and submitting documents. I was called in a week later to interview for the position- asked about experience, goals, why I thought I would be a good fit for the company, why I chose the company, etc.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

Interview

The process felt long, after each interview I would wait about a week to hear back. Initial phone screen was followed by an in person interview with a VP and SVP which was engaging and very good. This was then followed with another in person interview with mid level people which was generic and dull. I was also asked to come in for an interview on the same day which was odd. They also sent me a rejection email by mistake.

Interview Questions

Slow response meant that I had another offer in hand by the time they got round to making me an offer. Just felt too slow and bureaucratic.

DigitalAustin Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position in Austin there was immediate need so they got back in touch fairly quick. I was contacted by HR from the Atlanta office who emailed me and asked if I was interested and set it up for me to speak with two members from the digital team. Originally we were supposed to speak over Skype but we ended up talking over the phone because of technical difficulty. A lot of the interview questions were about my knowledge of digital media and experience and I was asked to go in deeper detail on the different positions listed on my resume.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Initial Phone screening with HR; Then met with the manager and VP. Called back a week later to meet with Regional Director, and Another Director for a different department. Typical interview (why are you looking to leave, strength and weaknesses) mostly a conversational interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interviewing process. Had a phone screen with the recruiting manager followed by two in-person interviews with multiple Edelman employees. The recruiting manager was very professional and responsive.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Edelman.

Interview

I applied online and a week later received a request for a phone interview. I was asked basic interview questions such as...What are your strengths? Weaknesses? The interview seemed to go well. However, I never received a follow-up message.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

HR phone interview, in-person interview with potential supervisor/manager, 2nd round interview with potential team members. Questions were average, no "scenario" questions, relatively informal with in-person interviews onsite. About 3 weeks turnaround from initial HR call to 1st and 2nd round interviews. Positive experience overall.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

First I met with the recruiter who asked the standard questions. Describe your previous experience. What are you looking for in this position. Met with potential employees I would be working under. Casual and comfortable discussion.