Edelman

215 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern - Hourly Interview

Intern - Hourly

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Edelman in May 2014.

Interview Details – There is a short phone interview. The phone interviewer asked me a few questions about my education and my future graduation plans. Followed by a in person interview with two employees. The in person interview lasted only 30 minutes followed by a brief literacy test.

Interview Question – There were no questions that were truly difficult. N/A   Answer Question

Interviewed at Edelman

Interview Details – HR and recruiting team made the process seamless and fast, the turn around was about 2 week... I felt like I was challenged but overall it wasn't too difficult...I would suggest to look at companys website and do a lot of research before the interview and have an "elevator pitch" prepared about why you would want to work for Edelman opposed to any other company

Interview Question – Name a mistake you have made recently   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Sacramento, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Edelman in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was emailed within two weeks by the Sacramento office to set up a phone interview. Phone interview asked the normal questions that you can read other posts for. I had difficulty understanding the interviewer - he had a heavy accent and kinda did this "Mhm" thing every five seconds so it was distracting to me answering.

Interview Question – What was your biggest accomplishment so far?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in July 2014.

Interview Details – Initially I had a phone screen and then they called me to meet with two VPs in the office. Questions were basic, discuss about background, why PR, why Edelman, where do I see myself etc.

Interview Question – What would you say is your "go-to" skill?   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Coordinator Interview

Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in June 2014.

Interview Details – Received email from HR for telephone screening, phone interview, and shortly and email with on site interview. Met with 3 people ranging from 30 min. each. No unexpected odd ball questions. Was told that I had a impressive resume.

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had 1, in-person interview with 2 of the senior members of the office. The interview lasted about 2 hours and I heard back within a week. I personally do not have a PR background (not my major in undergrad) but had the qualities they expressed were necessary to succeed in the position. However, I think if I had, had some PR experience I probably would have gotten the offer.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in March 2012.

Interview Details – Questions were pretty standard talking about background and experience. Interview was too the point and interviewer seemed to be genuinely interested. I answered clearly but they do ask follow up questions to get more detail. Some questions were very starightforward and expected, others not so much.

Interview Question – What is your proudest work achievement   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in May 2014.

Interview Details – Process took about four weeks. Phone Interview and then in-person interview. Never heard back from hiring manager or anyone else at Edelman. I was sure I had the job, but no one ever contacted me. Emailed and called several times, no response. Communication is very bad at the Houston office.

Interview Question – Just asked about past PR experiences and why I wanted to work for Edelman.   Answer Question

Finance Director Interview

Finance Director

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Very long process, over 2 months from first contact to an offer with 2 to 3 weeks in between steps. First step was interview with Hr, followed with all leadership in person one on one interviews in one afternoon, followed by personality test.

Interview Question – What one part of my existing title meant...   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Edelman in May 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter emailed me about a phone interview. She was very unenthusiastic during our email exchanges. We set up a time for two days later, and the day of she called me 10 minutes late. I was at work and didn't appreciate it. When she called me she didn't even apologize for being late, she acted like she was on time. I am honestly confused why she even set up a phone interview because it was apparent from the beginning she wasn't seriously considering me. She asked me the normal questions, nothing too difficult. At the end, she said the position was filled and she would let me know if anything opened up in the future. This was clearly a lie, because why would she waste her time doing a phone interview if the position actually was filled? She just didn't want to outright say that I wouldn't be continuing in the process. It was a disappointing experience.

Interview Question – She grilled me as to why I had left my past jobs. It was very clear she had a negative idea in her mind, even though I left both on positive notes.   Answer Question

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!