Edelman Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.9

N/A Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman.

First step: phone screening with corporate recruiter. Next step: Meet with local manager. Last step: meet with hiring manager and other team members. Phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Really inappropriate questions from HR such as age, if I had kids, horoscope sign and trying to get me to disclose very personal information. Very unprofessional HR person and a liability for any company.   Answer Question

Low ball offer, inappropriate questions from HR was a turn off.

Digital Interview

After applying to Edelman Digital via my school I got in contact with HR over email. After a short correspondence I was able to make my way out to New York City for a tour of the office and an interview with two members of the hiring team. In addition to the interview, I had to take a short spelling and grammar test.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your dream account and would you do to better your client   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in August 2014.

I received a call from HR coordinator who was very nice and she told me about the position over the phone. We scheduled an in-person interview for a week later. I met with three people, 2 people for 30 mins and 1 person for 30 mins. They were very friendly and asked straightforward questions. I did not feel caught off guard by any questions. Afterwards they sent me a spelling and grammar test to take online at home. Overall, a good interview experience and they were really nice.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions about my past experiences.
      Asked a question about how we went about marketing for a former client at my past job.
      One interviewer used some verbiage that I was unfamiliar with while asking about my past methods of outreach.
        Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in August 2014.

The hiring and interview process has been phenomenal. Everyone I met with was fantastic and all for different reasons. Candidly, I thought many of the people I met were too good to be true but as time went on, they proved to be not only who and what they said they were, but more. People I knew in the company were amazingly candid with their experiences. Everyone I met with whether they'd been there for two years or 16 years had amazing stories to tell about how they've been recognized for their accomplishments. It is evident that the quality of people and leaders is first and that leads to great business results. They are doing such amazing innovative things. I can't imagine why everyone wouldn't want to come to Edelman. The leaders were accessible, honest, and brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • There questions were absolutely spot on for what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in August 2014.

Probably the best and most organized interview process I've been through in my 10 year career. No hard case study or brain teaser questions. Everyone I spoke with wanted to be helpful and answer questions I had. It was nice because people seemed to have spent time looking at my resume before they entered the room which is rare. I was told I was going to need to take a grammar test but it never happened. The recruiting coordinator was SO nice and explained how the process would work every step of the way.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in the 6 months in between your last jobs?   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate for a higher base salary since I had much more experience than required for the position as well as an advanced degree but they did not concede. I was offered a very small signing bonus instead.

Intern Interview

HR and recruiting team made the process seamless and fast, the turn around was about 2 week... I felt like I was challenged but overall it wasn't too difficult...I would suggest to look at companys website and do a lot of research before the interview and have an "elevator pitch" prepared about why you would want to work for Edelman opposed to any other company

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in July 2014.

Initially I had a phone screen and then they called me to meet with two VPs in the office. Questions were basic, discuss about background, why PR, why Edelman, where do I see myself etc.

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman in July 2014.

I found the interview process to be positive and, after clearing the bar on skills, focused on team fit. I interviewed with a half dozen different people including some above and below my potential position. It made me feel comfortable with the group I would be working with and demonstrated to the existing team that I would be a net positive addition.

Interview Questions
    I was hoping for a little more but seemed to be stuck between 2 positions and their respective salary scales.

Finance Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman.

Very long process, over 2 months from first contact to an offer with 2 to 3 weeks in between steps. First step was interview with Hr, followed with all leadership in person one on one interviews in one afternoon, followed by personality test.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Edelman in June 2014.

Was emailed within two weeks by the Sacramento office to set up a phone interview. Phone interview asked the normal questions that you can read other posts for. I had difficulty understanding the interviewer - he had a heavy accent and kinda did this "Mhm" thing every five seconds so it was distracting to me answering.