Edelman Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in August 2014.

I received a call from HR coordinator who was very nice and she told me about the position over the phone. We scheduled an in-person interview for a week later. I met with three people, 2 people for 30 mins and 1 person for 30 mins. They were very friendly and asked straightforward questions. I did not feel caught off guard by any questions. Afterwards they sent me a spelling and grammar test to take online at home. Overall, a good interview experience and they were really nice.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions about my past experiences.
      Asked a question about how we went about marketing for a former client at my past job.
      One interviewer used some verbiage that I was unfamiliar with while asking about my past methods of outreach.
        Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in August 2013.

I was initially contacted by phone after applying through the website. It was a wonderful conversation and the recruiter was very engaging and informative. Then, I met the team in person at the DC office (a beautiful space). I really enjoyed my conversations throughout the entire process and felt like the team was personally and professionally poised.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question I was asked was "tell me more about your ideal role" because this is so open ended and I was still figuring out professional goals through the opportunities and interview process.   Answer Question

Digital Interview

After applying to Edelman Digital via my school I got in contact with HR over email. After a short correspondence I was able to make my way out to New York City for a tour of the office and an interview with two members of the hiring team. In addition to the interview, I had to take a short spelling and grammar test.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your dream account and would you do to better your client   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Edelman in May 2014.

There is a short phone interview. The phone interviewer asked me a few questions about my education and my future graduation plans. Followed by a in person interview with two employees. The in person interview lasted only 30 minutes followed by a brief literacy test.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that were truly difficult. N/A   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in June 2014.

Applied to Edelman's Fall Internship Program in Washington, D.C. I was contacted about 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. I concede that maybe I was in the wrong frame of mind, but I felt that the interviewer was stiff. It seemed as though she was reading pre-written questions and responses, sometimes just repeating my question back to me. I did not gain much helpful information about the company. The interview lasted about 25 minutes.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Edelman in June 2014.

Was emailed within two weeks by the Sacramento office to set up a phone interview. Phone interview asked the normal questions that you can read other posts for. I had difficulty understanding the interviewer - he had a heavy accent and kinda did this "Mhm" thing every five seconds so it was distracting to me answering.

Intern Interview

HR and recruiting team made the process seamless and fast, the turn around was about 2 week... I felt like I was challenged but overall it wasn't too difficult...I would suggest to look at companys website and do a lot of research before the interview and have an "elevator pitch" prepared about why you would want to work for Edelman opposed to any other company

Accounts Receivable Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in June 2014.

Received email from HR for telephone screening, phone interview, and shortly and email with on site interview. Met with 3 people ranging from 30 min. each. No unexpected odd ball questions. Was told that I had a impressive resume.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in July 2014.

Initially I had a phone screen and then they called me to meet with two VPs in the office. Questions were basic, discuss about background, why PR, why Edelman, where do I see myself etc.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in June 2012.

I had 1, in-person interview with 2 of the senior members of the office. The interview lasted about 2 hours and I heard back within a week. I personally do not have a PR background (not my major in undergrad) but had the qualities they expressed were necessary to succeed in the position. However, I think if I had, had some PR experience I probably would have gotten the offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!