Edelman Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.9

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

It was a pretty standard interviewing process. Had a phone screen with the recruiting manager followed by two in-person interviews with multiple Edelman employees. The recruiting manager was very professional and responsive.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Edelman.

I applied online and a week later received a request for a phone interview. I was asked basic interview questions such as...What are your strengths? Weaknesses? The interview seemed to go well. However, I never received a follow-up message.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman.

HR phone interview, in-person interview with potential supervisor/manager, 2nd round interview with potential team members. Questions were average, no "scenario" questions, relatively informal with in-person interviews onsite. About 3 weeks turnaround from initial HR call to 1st and 2nd round interviews. Positive experience overall.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Edelman.

First I met with the recruiter who asked the standard questions. Describe your previous experience. What are you looking for in this position. Met with potential employees I would be working under. Casual and comfortable discussion.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in February 2015.

I applied through an employee referral and was contacted by a recruiter 2 weeks later. We talked about the internship, different areas of Edelman and then set up an interview for the following week. My interviewers were incredibly nice and made the whole process very relaxed. Had me walk through my resume and how my experience applied. Very standard questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

To receive any communication took about three weeks after I completed an online application. A recruiter contacted me via email and set up an initial call. This conversation consisted of my experience in the Public Relations field and how it applied to the position. After this call, I was set up with an Account Executive at another office for a Skype interview the next day. This interview lasted about 20 minutes and the questions were more in-depth of my experiences. I would say that a lot of questions were focused on experience in pitching media and writing. Overall, it was a pretty straight forward interview.

PR Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

It started with a phone screening from HR. I later had a panel interview with 3 people at Edelman. The conversation was light, asking about background, interest in PR and why I wanted to work there. The SAE wasn't as friendly. The two other AEs were nice - and seemed more approachable.

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Edelman.

It took a couple of weeks to get a call from HR. We scheduled a phone interview and we briefly spoke about my resume, but more so about my education. Since I switched directions a bit into marketing so I geared my interview towards that. She mainly asked me on the type of research I did and if I felt comfortable working with quantitative data. Then she was worried if I could manage still being a student and working full time. After I assured i could she agreed to schedule an in person interview with 3 different people. She told me who and exact time a day before I was supposed come in. We had previously agreed on a day.

It was to work with one of their biggest clients. I first met with someone who worked for the entire brand. The second was the actual director of the team I was interviewing for and lastly the one of the VP's of Edelman Digital.

They were standard questions about my resume and my experiences in Data Analysis and research. They also asked a bunch of marketing questions, my favorite brand, social medias, and why. Why Edelman and marketing and so forth. Pretty standard and almost each of them exact the exact same question I was almost tripping over myself.

The VP also asked a bunch of standard random personality questions as well. Am in support of dental and why? What do I like to do in my free time? He also gave me wound advice and we had a great conversation.

Overall I had a pleasant experience and they were extremely thoughtful and nice. I would love to re apply for position in the future.

They really care about if your personality fits in with their department. Just didn't like how 2 of the people I interviewed with just started working there even though they were experienced. I felt as though for the most part they would have more difficulty judging appropriate personality for the team since they have been there for max a week.

Interview Questions
    • Which company or brand do you think does a poor Job of using social media?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I had a chance to meet with two of the recruiters/hiring managers at Edelman in Chicago regarding an HR Manager position. First off, the work environment is impressive...a highrise overlooking Lake Michigan. The employees and interviewers were very friendly and nonthreatening. It seemed like a family-business atmosphere, even though it is a global enterprise.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Edelman.

The turnaround for hearing from Edelman was actually pretty quick for me. Within a day of submitting my application and sending an email with my resume I was on the phone with an HR interviewer, who was very friendly. The questions were standard, no out-of-the-blue or hardball stuff. I was then passed on to interview over the phone (I wasn't in the city at the time) with a couple of account people that I would be working with and was placed on a specific team, which are divided according to topic (health, corporate, energy, etc.). It all happened within a few days, and they wanted me to start right away, which was a bit stressful. But overall a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • How will you manage your time when you have competing deadlines for different projects?   Answer Question
    Wasn't able to negotiate for the intern position