Edelman

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.9

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Edelman.

It took a couple of weeks to get a call from HR. We scheduled a phone interview and we briefly spoke about my resume, but more so about my education. Since I switched directions a bit into marketing so I geared my interview towards that. She mainly asked me on the type of research I did and if I felt comfortable working with quantitative data. Then she was worried if I could manage still being a student and working full time. After I assured i could she agreed to schedule an in person interview with 3 different people. She told me who and exact time a day before I was supposed come in. We had previously agreed on a day.

It was to work with one of their biggest clients. I first met with someone who worked for the entire brand. The second was the actual director of the team I was interviewing for and lastly the one of the VP's of Edelman Digital.

They were standard questions about my resume and my experiences in Data Analysis and research. They also asked a bunch of marketing questions, my favorite brand, social medias, and why. Why Edelman and marketing and so forth. Pretty standard and almost each of them exact the exact same question I was almost tripping over myself.

The VP also asked a bunch of standard random personality questions as well. Am in support of dental and why? What do I like to do in my free time? He also gave me wound advice and we had a great conversation.

Overall I had a pleasant experience and they were extremely thoughtful and nice. I would love to re apply for position in the future.

They really care about if your personality fits in with their department. Just didn't like how 2 of the people I interviewed with just started working there even though they were experienced. I felt as though for the most part they would have more difficulty judging appropriate personality for the team since they have been there for max a week.

Interview Questions
    • Which company or brand do you think does a poor Job of using social media?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I had a chance to meet with two of the recruiters/hiring managers at Edelman in Chicago regarding an HR Manager position. First off, the work environment is impressive...a highrise overlooking Lake Michigan. The employees and interviewers were very friendly and nonthreatening. It seemed like a family-business atmosphere, even though it is a global enterprise.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Edelman.

The turnaround for hearing from Edelman was actually pretty quick for me. Within a day of submitting my application and sending an email with my resume I was on the phone with an HR interviewer, who was very friendly. The questions were standard, no out-of-the-blue or hardball stuff. I was then passed on to interview over the phone (I wasn't in the city at the time) with a couple of account people that I would be working with and was placed on a specific team, which are divided according to topic (health, corporate, energy, etc.). It all happened within a few days, and they wanted me to start right away, which was a bit stressful. But overall a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • How will you manage your time when you have competing deadlines for different projects?   Answer Question
    Wasn't able to negotiate for the intern position

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Edelman.

Applied online and quickly received an email to schedule a Skype interview. The HR representative was very nice and the process was quite smooth. The questions were mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many difficult questions. Simply wanted to know what you would be interested in doing with the company and how you see your skills translate.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman.

Had a phone interview that went well with the HR representative. Was asked to come in and meet with two of the team members and thought the interview had gone well. I emailed them that afternoon to thank all three people and only heard back from one. After several weeks with no response I reached out to the HR representative again and heard nothing in return. I was shocked to learn NYC's top PR firm didn't even have the decency to email me saying they weren't interested or had gone with another person. It was like the whole process hadn't even happened and they fell of the face of the planet. Very weird.

Interview Questions
    • All normal questions, it was more like a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman.

The interview process from the HR standpoint was not very streamlined or organized. Did have a quick screening phone interview, which was fine; was brought in and met with 3 team members, which ran over by 30 minutes; was brought in to meet 2 more team members, and one didn't even show up. Overall, questions were fairly easy to answer and the actual people were very nice and personable.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't find any questions too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

Initially contacted by recruiter via email in response to online resume submission and scheduled a phone interview. After discussing background, scheduled a formal interview that took place about two weeks later. Had great and straightforward interviews with two team members, about 15 min each, covering my experience, accomplishments, explaining position and client.

N/A Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman.

First step: phone screening with corporate recruiter. Next step: Meet with local manager. Last step: meet with hiring manager and other team members. Phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Really inappropriate questions from HR such as age, if I had kids, horoscope sign and trying to get me to disclose very personal information. Very unprofessional HR person and a liability for any company.   Answer Question

Low ball offer, inappropriate questions from HR was a turn off.

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman in October 2014.

Process included a screening call and ~five interviews. I was told that I was a finalist for the position to be decided within the week but never received a response after a couple of attempts for a status update. I was diligent with follow up thank you notes and even lent some ideas and sent resources to the team. In hindsight, there were some comments made during the process that were very dysfunctional, i.e. boss of the hiring manager telling me that he disagreed with how the hiring manager was doing the job. Nearly two months later the position is still open.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to comment on the quality of work done by this part of the company by the boss of the hiring manager. When I said I thought it was thorough and a strong start the hiring manager's boss said "I think it sucks." Nice, eh?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in September 2014.

The hiring process included submitting the initial application online, followed up by a quick call from one of the recruitment team, then a formal phone interview and a 2-step in person interview. The process was well organized and swift.

Interview Questions
    • During the initial in-person interview, the interviewer requested some very specific details about previous work, so be sure to go in with that data top of mind.   Answer Question