Edelman

Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.9

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman.

The interview process from the HR standpoint was not very streamlined or organized. Did have a quick screening phone interview, which was fine; was brought in and met with 3 team members, which ran over by 30 minutes; was brought in to meet 2 more team members, and one didn't even show up. Overall, questions were fairly easy to answer and the actual people were very nice and personable.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't find any questions too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman.

Had a phone interview that went well with the HR representative. Was asked to come in and meet with two of the team members and thought the interview had gone well. I emailed them that afternoon to thank all three people and only heard back from one. After several weeks with no response I reached out to the HR representative again and heard nothing in return. I was shocked to learn NYC's top PR firm didn't even have the decency to email me saying they weren't interested or had gone with another person. It was like the whole process hadn't even happened and they fell of the face of the planet. Very weird.

Interview Questions
    • All normal questions, it was more like a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

Initially contacted by recruiter via email in response to online resume submission and scheduled a phone interview. After discussing background, scheduled a formal interview that took place about two weeks later. Had great and straightforward interviews with two team members, about 15 min each, covering my experience, accomplishments, explaining position and client.

N/A Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman.

First step: phone screening with corporate recruiter. Next step: Meet with local manager. Last step: meet with hiring manager and other team members. Phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Really inappropriate questions from HR such as age, if I had kids, horoscope sign and trying to get me to disclose very personal information. Very unprofessional HR person and a liability for any company.   Answer Question

Low ball offer, inappropriate questions from HR was a turn off.

Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman in October 2014.

Process included a screening call and ~five interviews. I was told that I was a finalist for the position to be decided within the week but never received a response after a couple of attempts for a status update. I was diligent with follow up thank you notes and even lent some ideas and sent resources to the team. In hindsight, there were some comments made during the process that were very dysfunctional, i.e. boss of the hiring manager telling me that he disagreed with how the hiring manager was doing the job. Nearly two months later the position is still open.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to comment on the quality of work done by this part of the company by the boss of the hiring manager. When I said I thought it was thorough and a strong start the hiring manager's boss said "I think it sucks." Nice, eh?   Answer Question

Digital Interview

After applying to Edelman Digital via my school I got in contact with HR over email. After a short correspondence I was able to make my way out to New York City for a tour of the office and an interview with two members of the hiring team. In addition to the interview, I had to take a short spelling and grammar test.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your dream account and would you do to better your client   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in August 2014.

I received a call from HR coordinator who was very nice and she told me about the position over the phone. We scheduled an in-person interview for a week later. I met with three people, 2 people for 30 mins and 1 person for 30 mins. They were very friendly and asked straightforward questions. I did not feel caught off guard by any questions. Afterwards they sent me a spelling and grammar test to take online at home. Overall, a good interview experience and they were really nice.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions about my past experiences.
      Asked a question about how we went about marketing for a former client at my past job.
      One interviewer used some verbiage that I was unfamiliar with while asking about my past methods of outreach.
        Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in August 2014.

The hiring and interview process has been phenomenal. Everyone I met with was fantastic and all for different reasons. Candidly, I thought many of the people I met were too good to be true but as time went on, they proved to be not only who and what they said they were, but more. People I knew in the company were amazingly candid with their experiences. Everyone I met with whether they'd been there for two years or 16 years had amazing stories to tell about how they've been recognized for their accomplishments. It is evident that the quality of people and leaders is first and that leads to great business results. They are doing such amazing innovative things. I can't imagine why everyone wouldn't want to come to Edelman. The leaders were accessible, honest, and brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • There questions were absolutely spot on for what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in August 2014.

Probably the best and most organized interview process I've been through in my 10 year career. No hard case study or brain teaser questions. Everyone I spoke with wanted to be helpful and answer questions I had. It was nice because people seemed to have spent time looking at my resume before they entered the room which is rare. I was told I was going to need to take a grammar test but it never happened. The recruiting coordinator was SO nice and explained how the process would work every step of the way.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in the 6 months in between your last jobs?   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate for a higher base salary since I had much more experience than required for the position as well as an advanced degree but they did not concede. I was offered a very small signing bonus instead.

Intern Interview

HR and recruiting team made the process seamless and fast, the turn around was about 2 week... I felt like I was challenged but overall it wasn't too difficult...I would suggest to look at companys website and do a lot of research before the interview and have an "elevator pitch" prepared about why you would want to work for Edelman opposed to any other company