Edelman Interview Questions

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Edelman.

I was first contacted via email by the HR representative asking to schedule a phone interview with them. Questions like, "Why Edelman?" "Why PR?" were asked. Hearing a response back took about a week. I was selected for an in-person interview where you are interviewed by a panel of three; your potential manager, an account executive and a senior account supervisor. Questions like, "Give me a time when you worked with a team of people to get something done, and what was your role." "What are your strengths and weaknesses." "Why Edelman and not another boutique or major agency competitor of ours?" Pretty standard questions, you really just have to show them that you want the position.

After the interview, there was a 30-minute grammar test you had to take. Those questions included punctuation usage, effect/affect, etc.

No negotiation.

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Edelman.

Contacted via LinkedIn. Passed on a few interview requests. After a few months agreed to interview with Corporate Team. They were slow to keep the process moving and the HR coordinator mixed up some meetings. After being told that the job was essentially mine pending a final step, they they promoted someone internally.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard. They seemed to be most interested in my corporate background and management history.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in March 2014.

I applied via online application and was referred by a current employee. About a two weeks later I received a call from HR to assess my interest in another opening as well as discuss previous work history, salary expectations, etc. My resume was then passed onto the practice team for review and I was invited in for a series of meetings with the group leads (mostly Sr or Exec VPs, an SAE, and Dir. of the Dept.) and the HR contact about another week later after the initial call. This was followed by a testing session that included a brief spelling/grammar test and a PR scenario planning exercise about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The test requiring a communications plan for a client (in presentation format) was surprising as I had expected a writing test.   Answer Question

SAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in March 2014.

I thought the interview process was great. Unfortunately I did not get the job, but that was likely because I wasn't a cultural fit for the team. I went through two phone screenings, two Skype interviews, two onsite interviews with several different people. For such a long process, I wish they would've decided against hiring me sooner!

Interview Questions
    • They really didn't ask any hard questions at all. They were clearly trying to trip me up a few times, as I found it rather obvious that they thought I wasn't a good fit culturally early on. They seemed more like the type to dislike a candidate until proven otherwise rather than the other way around. At least that's how the Seattle team seemed.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

First step is interview screening with HR personnel. Then you come in and meet with about 5 different people who would be on your team.

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

A recruiter found me, HR was very receptive after an initial interview. I had an inperson interview scheduled within a week. There were many rounds of interviews with all levels of employees. Also a writing test and personality test. They were very willing to work around my schedule and for each round provided multiple times to meet.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the reasons that you have been rejected for a new business deal?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. You tell the recruiter what you want in the first interview.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Was referred by a friend who worked there, phone call from HR a few days later, came in for four interviews with each member of my would-be team, offer came a couple weeks later.

I took their first offer. As someone new to PR, I wasn't in a position to negotiate salary.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in January 2014.

Applied online, received an email from HR requesting to set up a phone interview with two SAEs. After the phone interview, they requested writing samples and another phone interview was scheduled with someone from a different department in the office. Received the offer about a week after the second interview

Interview Questions
    • What brand would you most like to work for? How would you handle x issue for brand x?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Two rounds of interviews with about 3-4 people each time, we met in the office and they asked pretty standard questions about my experience. There was a writing test .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a little bit, but they really did present their best offer upfront.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter approximately 2-3 weeks later. I was first emailed and then I was given an initial phone screening where I just ran through my resume. Then I was asked for my availability to come into the office for an interview. I came in a few days later and met with four different account members, one at a time. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with each of them. They asked the standard "tell me about yourself" type questions. I walked away feeling good about the interview but was told a couple of days later that it was a highly competitive interview process and they picked someone with more experience.