Edelman Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and was contacted by a recruiter 2 weeks later. We talked about the internship, different areas of Edelman and then set up an interview for the following week. My interviewers were incredibly nice and made the whole process very relaxed. Had me walk through my resume and how my experience applied. Very standard questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

First I met with the recruiter who asked the standard questions. Describe your previous experience. What are you looking for in this position. Met with potential employees I would be working under. Casual and comfortable discussion.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Very positive experience at first. Had an initial call with HR who then set up an in-person meeting. I met with the person who would be my direct boss and it went very well. They asked that I meet with other people on the team so I did and those went very well also. I really enjoyed meeting the group. Things seemed very positive overall. I followed up with HR and heard nothing back. Then a couple months later, one of the HR people got back to me but only bc I had pushed them for some sort of response. The job had disappeared and no one could give me a clear answer on what happened. And I had such a positive experience with the group and a really good outlook towards Edelman but they could use some HR training. HR people are supposed to lead in demonstrating professionalism and etiquette and this group lack both. It's a shame. I really liked everyone.

Interview Questions

• How would you market a brand?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman (Orlando, FL).

Interview

To receive any communication took about three weeks after I completed an online application. A recruiter contacted me via email and set up an initial call. This conversation consisted of my experience in the Public Relations field and how it applied to the position. After this call, I was set up with an Account Executive at another office for a Skype interview the next day. This interview lasted about 20 minutes and the questions were more in-depth of my experiences. I would say that a lot of questions were focused on experience in pitching media and writing. Overall, it was a pretty straight forward interview.

PR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

Interview

It started with a phone screening from HR. I later had a panel interview with 3 people at Edelman. The conversation was light, asking about background, interest in PR and why I wanted to work there. The SAE wasn't as friendly. The two other AEs were nice - and seemed more approachable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

quick and painless interview process, general questions about experience HR team is super friendly and helpful throughout the process they don't expect you to know everything about PR, but show interest and be yourself and you should be golden

Interview Questions

• just ask you about your past experiences and why you'd be a good "cultural" fit at Edelman   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

It took a couple of weeks to get a call from HR. We scheduled a phone interview and we briefly spoke about my resume, but more so about my education. Since I switched directions a bit into marketing so I geared my interview towards that. She mainly asked me on the type of research I did and if I felt comfortable working with quantitative data. Then she was worried if I could manage still being a student and working full time. After I assured i could she agreed to schedule an in person interview with 3 different people. She told me who and exact time a day before I was supposed come in. We had previously agreed on a day. It was to work with one of their biggest clients. I first met with someone who worked for the entire brand. The second was the actual director of the team I was interviewing for and lastly the one of the VP's of Edelman Digital. They were standard questions about my resume and my experiences in Data Analysis and research. They also asked a bunch of marketing questions, my favorite brand, social medias, and why. Why Edelman and marketing and so forth. Pretty standard and almost each of them exact the exact same question I was almost tripping over myself. The VP also asked a bunch of standard random personality questions as well. Am in support of dental and why? What do I like to do in my free time? He also gave me wound advice and we had a great conversation. Overall I had a pleasant experience and they were extremely thoughtful and nice. I would love to re apply for position in the future. They really care about if your personality fits in with their department. Just didn't like how 2 of the people I interviewed with just started working there even though they were experienced. I felt as though for the most part they would have more difficulty judging appropriate personality for the team since they have been there for max a week.

Interview Questions

• Which company or brand do you think does a poor Job of using social media?   Answer Question

Interview

I had a chance to meet with two of the recruiters/hiring managers at Edelman in Chicago regarding an HR Manager position. First off, the work environment is impressive...a highrise overlooking Lake Michigan. The employees and interviewers were very friendly and nonthreatening. It seemed like a family-business atmosphere, even though it is a global enterprise.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC).

Interview

The turnaround for hearing from Edelman was actually pretty quick for me. Within a day of submitting my application and sending an email with my resume I was on the phone with an HR interviewer, who was very friendly. The questions were standard, no out-of-the-blue or hardball stuff. I was then passed on to interview over the phone (I wasn't in the city at the time) with a couple of account people that I would be working with and was placed on a specific team, which are divided according to topic (health, corporate, energy, etc.). It all happened within a few days, and they wanted me to start right away, which was a bit stressful. But overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage your time when you have competing deadlines for different projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate for the intern position

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

Applied online and quickly received an email to schedule a Skype interview. The HR representative was very nice and the process was quite smooth. The questions were mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many difficult questions. Simply wanted to know what you would be interested in doing with the company and how you see your skills translate.   Answer Question