Edelman

214 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Edelman in November 2013.

Interview Details – Send in a resume, cover letter, several writing samples; then was contacted by a recruiter to set up an in person interview.

Interview Question – During this interview you will be asked to be interacting with ___________ on a daily basis. What strategies or messages do you feel would be most effective in reaching that public?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

Interviewed at Edelman

Interview Details – First step is interview screening with HR personnel. Then you come in and meet with about 5 different people who would be on your team.

Interview Question – What is the history of Edelman?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – A recruiter found me, HR was very receptive after an initial interview. I had an inperson interview scheduled within a week. There were many rounds of interviews with all levels of employees. Also a writing test and personality test. They were very willing to work around my schedule and for each round provided multiple times to meet.

Interview Question – What are some of the reasons that you have been rejected for a new business deal?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You tell the recruiter what you want in the first interview.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Was referred by a friend who worked there, phone call from HR a few days later, came in for four interviews with each member of my would-be team, offer came a couple weeks later.

Negotiation Details – I took their first offer. As someone new to PR, I wasn't in a position to negotiate salary.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Senior Account Supervisor
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Edelman in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired on as an associate after an informal lunch and then tried out for a couple of months before being offered a full-time position. This is not the typical process, and definitely the exception to the rule. However, I was referred by someone I had worked with for years who was in senior management, so the recommendation carried great weight.

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews with about 3-4 people each time, we met in the office and they asked pretty standard questions about my experience. There was a writing test .

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a little bit, but they really did present their best offer upfront.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back from a recruiter approximately 2-3 weeks later. I was first emailed and then I was given an initial phone screening where I just ran through my resume. Then I was asked for my availability to come into the office for an interview. I came in a few days later and met with four different account members, one at a time. Everyone was very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with each of them. They asked the standard "tell me about yourself" type questions. I walked away feeling good about the interview but was told a couple of days later that it was a highly competitive interview process and they picked someone with more experience.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edelman in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied after seeing a post on LinkedIn about Spring internship position. Post was only up for about 3 days and apparently saw hundreds of applicants. Was emailed about 2-3 weeks afterwards from head of HR requesting an interview over the phone. A week later, the interview came and went. A week later, was asked if I could come in for a face-to-face interview with an SAE and an AE. Interview was very straightforward and asked very typical PR questions, like "What are your strengths/weaknesses", "Talk about a successful/unsuccessful PR campaign/initiative that is current and recent (what you liked/disliked about it). After this, they told me I would find out in about 3-4 weeks (beginning of December) if I got the position. They ended up telling me just before Thanksgiving that I got the job.

Edelman is HUGE into diversity, so you need to stand out in this regard and set yourself apart from fellow applicants. Also, they are very big into taking your own initiative and the entrepreneurial spirit, so showing leadership roles and taking risks also will look excellent.

Overall, extremely positive experience not solely because I got the internship, but the professionalism and courtesy extended to me was unrivaled. Very quick responses, kind/caring staff, and incredibly accommodating.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself fitting into the Edelman culture of diversity and the entrepreneurial spirit?   Answer Question

PR Intern Interview

PR Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Initially, I had a current employee refer me to the hiring manager. She was very quick to respond back and we set up an interview via phone. Talked about a brief overview of the internship program and she had me walk her through my resume. Process took one week.

Interview Question – What is the most valuable thing you learned at your previous internship?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate

Interviewed at Edelman

Interview Details – I did a phone interview and then was scheduled to meet with three people at Edelman's office. The conversations were pretty unstructured - we mostly just talked about what I do in my current job. It was fairly low-pressure and the second round of interviews took about an hour and a half. I would have liked more time to talk to my interviewers, since it was a little hard to cover everything in a half-hour.

Interview Question – What is your favorite book?   Answer Question