Edelman Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.9

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman.

I have interviewed with them many times at this point. They change the role they are hiring for or hire internally a lot even when interested in the candidate. You have to know someone to get a foot in the door and even then it can be difficult.

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman in May 2014.

There is a short phone interview. The phone interviewer asked me a few questions about my education and my future graduation plans. Followed by a in person interview with two employees. The in person interview lasted only 30 minutes followed by a brief literacy test.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that were truly difficult. N/A   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Edelman in May 2014.

The recruiter emailed me about a phone interview. She was very unenthusiastic during our email exchanges. We set up a time for two days later, and the day of she called me 10 minutes late. I was at work and didn't appreciate it. When she called me she didn't even apologize for being late, she acted like she was on time. I am honestly confused why she even set up a phone interview because it was apparent from the beginning she wasn't seriously considering me. She asked me the normal questions, nothing too difficult. At the end, she said the position was filled and she would let me know if anything opened up in the future. This was clearly a lie, because why would she waste her time doing a phone interview if the position actually was filled? She just didn't want to outright say that I wouldn't be continuing in the process. It was a disappointing experience.

Interview Questions
    • She grilled me as to why I had left my past jobs. It was very clear she had a negative idea in her mind, even though I left both on positive notes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in May 2014.

Process took about four weeks. Phone Interview and then in-person interview. Never heard back from hiring manager or anyone else at Edelman. I was sure I had the job, but no one ever contacted me. Emailed and called several times, no response. Communication is very bad at the Houston office.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked about past PR experiences and why I wanted to work for Edelman.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

Woman admittedly knew nothing about search, mobile, or display, only knew how to suggest social ideas. But the company has placed her as the Vice President of digital strategy. This company is pretty dumb. To be honest I took the job because I realized I'd be the smartest person there by far and could get away with pretty much anything. This has very much been the case. Don't take a position here unless you're okay getting bored and complacent.

Interview Questions
    • "What would a good KPI be for a company running a Search campaign?"   View Answer
    Pushed back once and immediately got what I asked for. They will always severely low-ball you as it's a PR firm and they're used to asking college students to join their ranks.

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman.

Skype interview - very casual. Walk through resume, background information, etc. Then did a writing and grammar test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was that there weren't very standard "Why this company?" questions   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Edelman.

Talk with initial recruiter was very short and only involved information that was already on my resume.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

Several phone interviews and one Skype interview

Interview Questions
    There is definitely room for negotiation, even if you're negotiating for a junior role. I wish I negotiated but I didn't.

Vice President/Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman.

Submitted resume through a colleague already working at Edelman. Was interviewed by HR via phone. She indicated that next steps would include speaking with other team members, but then circled back and said they decided to promote from within another Edelman office.

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman.

Sent my resume in to employee who connected me with member of HR...Two week span in between that - Was invited to come into the office and interview