Edelman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President/Group Manager Interview

Vice President/Group Manager
Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through a colleague already working at Edelman. Was interviewed by HR via phone. She indicated that next steps would include speaking with other team members, but then circled back and said they decided to promote from within another Edelman office.

Interview Question – There really wasn't a difficult question.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edelman.

Interview Details – I was connected with a recruiter who conducted a phone interview immediately, then had several in-person interviews with key leaders and the team I would ultimately manage. Overall, the process was pretty straightforward and fair. However, the interview process took FOREVER and sometimes I didn't get much information during the lag time, so I pursued other options. Negotiate upfront well before you get your offer.

Interview Question – We're a curious culture. Give me examples of how you've shown curiousity in the past month at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate up front - be smart about the salary range and other requirements you give when you speak to recruiters after being given an offer! There was little room for negotation once the offer had been made.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Edelman in June 2010.

Interview Details – The questions in Los Angeles are standard, handbook interview questions. Why are you looking to move companies? What is your best trait? Why do you want to work in this department? Etc.

Interview Question – Upon meeting the person I would be working for he said, "Look around my office. What's the first thing you would do?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated on an hourly rate based on $45k/year due to longer hours.

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Edelman in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initially reached out to HR via the Edelman website after an employee referred me to the position. After the initial call with HR and sending resume/portfolio, I was asked to come in and do three 1:1 interviews with the team that was hiring. Then, I was told they would follow up the next week, but called me within the hour to set up 3 additional 1:1 interviews for the next day. After those, I completed a two-hour writing exam. The third day I completed a phone interview and then two days later was offered the position. Best day of my life!!

Interview Question – Tell us about your background in PR.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate because the offer was excellent and I was so excited to start!

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!