Edelman Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I received a call from HR coordinator who was very nice and she told me about the position over the phone. We scheduled an in-person interview for a week later. I met with three people, 2 people for 30 mins and 1 person for 30 mins. They were very friendly and asked straightforward questions. I did not feel caught off guard by any questions. Afterwards they sent me a spelling and grammar test to take online at home. Overall, a good interview experience and they were really nice.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my past experiences.
      Asked a question about how we went about marketing for a former client at my past job.
      One interviewer used some verbiage that I was unfamiliar with while asking about my past methods of outreach.

Answer Question

Vice President/Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Submitted resume through a colleague already working at Edelman. Was interviewed by HR via phone. She indicated that next steps would include speaking with other team members, but then circled back and said they decided to promote from within another Edelman office.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was connected with a recruiter who conducted a phone interview immediately, then had several in-person interviews with key leaders and the team I would ultimately manage. Overall, the process was pretty straightforward and fair. However, the interview process took FOREVER and sometimes I didn't get much information during the lag time, so I pursued other options. Negotiate upfront well before you get your offer.

Interview Questions

• We're a curious culture. Give me examples of how you've shown curiousity in the past month at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate up front - be smart about the salary range and other requirements you give when you speak to recruiters after being given an offer! There was little room for negotation once the offer had been made.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Edelman (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

The questions in Los Angeles are standard, handbook interview questions. Why are you looking to move companies? What is your best trait? Why do you want to work in this department? Etc.

Interview Questions

• Upon meeting the person I would be working for he said, "Look around my office. What's the first thing you would do?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated on an hourly rate based on $45k/year due to longer hours.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Edelman (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Initially reached out to HR via the Edelman website after an employee referred me to the position. After the initial call with HR and sending resume/portfolio, I was asked to come in and do three 1:1 interviews with the team that was hiring. Then, I was told they would follow up the next week, but called me within the hour to set up 3 additional 1:1 interviews for the next day. After those, I completed a two-hour writing exam. The third day I completed a phone interview and then two days later was offered the position. Best day of my life!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background in PR.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate because the offer was excellent and I was so excited to start!