Edelman Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.9

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

Prior to the interview, I was contacted over the phone by the recruiter and was given an overview of what the job entails. A couple weeks later (due to my availability), I was able to come in and meet with a few people from the team I would be working on. Since I interviewed for a design position, we discussed my portfolio, which led to other things like how I work in a team setting, what my strengths and weaknesses are, and what I like to do outside of design/work. From there, I really connected with the people interviewing me based on our personal interests. A day after the interview, I was called with an offer!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite digital marketing strategy that you have seen?   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

It wasn't an interview. It was just these guys talking at me. They seemed friendly, but one of them was a mess. And they basically just tried to sell me on it. I've realized that when that happens, run as far away as possible, because then you will think it's positive but walk right into a convoluted crapstorm: A place where they have a team member's birthday party while they are secretly firing their colleagues with security escorting them out. And where the people in charge don't really have the right experience so they either go with the flow and tell you things are good, only to reprimand you later.

Interview Questions

• It was really just them talking about themselves and what their division was doing.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred by an employee. She told me she forwarded my resume, and that day, I got an email from HR (she was SO great by the way) for a phone screening. The next day we spoke on the phone for 30 minutes. I sent her a thank you email shortly after the phone screening and got a callback to come in for an in-person interview. I met with the 3 members of the team I was interviewing for (higher levels), and 1 member of a different team. From entrance to exit, the process took about 2 - 2.5 hours. I got the final round callback a week later, which was the writing test. It was 2 short prompts. I enjoyed the challenges, and it was a pretty creative assignment. I took it 2 days after they sent me the callback, and 3 days after, I got a call from HR with an offer. Naturally, I accepted! I was nervous throughout the entire process as Edelman is a firm I've always wanted to work for, but the actual process was not bad at all. They were SO friendly and very approachable. They make it a conversation, which helps the candidates to loosen up and be themselves.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you knew you couldn't finish a task by a given deadline?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with an HR representative and we had a 30 minute interview. At the end she told me that there were no positions available and that I reach out a significant period later. So I did and followed up with her. She emailed me back with positions available and applied. She emailed me to schedule something and never responded. I emailed her at least five times in the time span of 3 months. As a HR representative at a highly respected firm, I am utterly shocked at how unprofessional the HR representative is. It's one to say that there aren't any emails, but another to just completely not respond. Very unprofessional HR at such a great company which is unfortunate.

AAE Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview after referred by a former employee in 2 weeks. The recruiter was really nice and asked only about the former working experience. No other curveball questions. All normal ones. And the end of the interview, the recruiter said she would send my resume to the hiring manager. However, due to other concern, they didn't proceed my candidacy. But this was still a positive experience.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Very positive experience at first. Had an initial call with HR who then set up an in-person meeting. I met with the person who would be my direct boss and it went very well. They asked that I meet with other people on the team so I did and those went very well also. I really enjoyed meeting the group. Things seemed very positive overall. I followed up with HR and heard nothing back. Then a couple months later, one of the HR people got back to me but only bc I had pushed them for some sort of response. The job had disappeared and no one could give me a clear answer on what happened. And I had such a positive experience with the group and a really good outlook towards Edelman but they could use some HR training. HR people are supposed to lead in demonstrating professionalism and etiquette and this group lack both. It's a shame. I really liked everyone.

Interview Questions

• How would you market a brand?   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process from the HR standpoint was not very streamlined or organized. Did have a quick screening phone interview, which was fine; was brought in and met with 3 team members, which ran over by 30 minutes; was brought in to meet 2 more team members, and one didn't even show up. Overall, questions were fairly easy to answer and the actual people were very nice and personable.

Interview Questions

• Didn't find any questions too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman (New York, NY).

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter via email in response to online resume submission and scheduled a phone interview. After discussing background, scheduled a formal interview that took place about two weeks later. Had great and straightforward interviews with two team members, about 15 min each, covering my experience, accomplishments, explaining position and client.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process has been phenomenal. Everyone I met with was fantastic and all for different reasons. Candidly, I thought many of the people I met were too good to be true but as time went on, they proved to be not only who and what they said they were, but more. People I knew in the company were amazingly candid with their experiences. Everyone I met with whether they'd been there for two years or 16 years had amazing stories to tell about how they've been recognized for their accomplishments. It is evident that the quality of people and leaders is first and that leads to great business results. They are doing such amazing innovative things. I can't imagine why everyone wouldn't want to come to Edelman. The leaders were accessible, honest, and brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• There questions were absolutely spot on for what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edelman (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Initially I had a phone screen and then they called me to meet with two VPs in the office. Questions were basic, discuss about background, why PR, why Edelman, where do I see myself etc.