Edelman Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.9

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in August 2014.

Probably the best and most organized interview process I've been through in my 10 year career. No hard case study or brain teaser questions. Everyone I spoke with wanted to be helpful and answer questions I had. It was nice because people seemed to have spent time looking at my resume before they entered the room which is rare. I was told I was going to need to take a grammar test but it never happened. The recruiting coordinator was SO nice and explained how the process would work every step of the way.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in the 6 months in between your last jobs?   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate for a higher base salary since I had much more experience than required for the position as well as an advanced degree but they did not concede. I was offered a very small signing bonus instead.

Creative Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in April 2013.

My initial communication with the recruiter was great. She responded to my emails quickly, set up a phone screening, and in less than a week I was meeting with other dept. managers. We had a informal coffee date to do a personality check and soon after I was called in to meet with my potential manger.

Interview Questions
    I asked for a number and got it.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in January 2013.

Excellent and economic interview experience. Two phone interviews and two on site interviews to meet with seven people. Interviewers were punctual, knowledgeable, gracious, and direct. Each meeting led to increased interest in the firm.

Interview Questions
    Expeditious and fair, painless.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman in November 2012.

I applied to Edelman for an open Account Executive position in June through the website and never heard anything.

In October, I was invited to attend a recruiting event and at the time, was far along in the interview process somewhere else and almost didn't attend. It was my first smoozing event, so I was a little uncomfortable, but I attended. I was impressed with the employees I met there, and the recruiters were really open and friendly, and helped determine what level I would be appropriate for, what I'm interested in and introduced me to people. After the event, I followed up with everyone I met with a nice note, including the recruiter.

The recruiter asked me back for an informational interview, where I met with more people from the company, learned a little bit more about what they do, and had an opportunity to pitch myself a little bit. I was again impressed with the people at the company that I met. This took place at the end of October. The recruiter was very forthcoming with information, noting that there wasn't a position open at my level yet, but there are expecting it to open soon.

In November, I was called in to actually interview for the Senior Account Executive position. The fabulous recruiter was detailed with who I would be meeting with, so I was sure to check out my interviewers Linkedin profiles and do a quick search to have an idea of who I would be meeting with. The interviews went well and right before Thanksgiving, I was asked to come back again to take a spelling and grammar test, and submit a timed writing sample.

Then the holidays were upon us. It took until January for them to actually get back to me with a final YOU GOT THE JOB! and an offer letter, but I was so happy when it finally came. So often when applying for jobs, people are unresponsive and blow you off, but this wasn't the case with my Edelman experience. The recruiter kept me in the loop throughout December and was very kind to ease my distress--it was the holidays and so many decision makers were understandably out of the office with their families.

Over all, I had a very positive experience with the interview and hiring process at Edelman and it just goes to show that good things are worth the wait!

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel your worst quality is? An area that you can work on?   View Answer
    It was very easy. During my informational interview and my actual interview the recruiter and I discussed salaries and my offer set me in a good position for promotions and raises.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process was very smooth, quick and organized. Everyone is super friendly! The in-person interview is a bit long, but everyone is great and it gives you a chance to meet the team you'll potentially be working with. I got a response very soon after.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in March 2012.

Initial communication with HR was very friendly and polite. Phone Interview first to discuss areas of interest. Follow-up call about one week later regarding potential match. Three rounds of in-person interviews across three or four weeks. Everyone in the office was respectful and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience creating and distributing press releases?   View Answer
    non-negotiable

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in November 2011.

Really smooth interview process. The HR department was responsive and always answered emails and phone calls promptly. Everything went well until the offer came through and they were not willing to negotiate on salary or benefits. Oddly, was given the hard sell and guilt trip when I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

Compensation package, asked for 2-3K more and was rejected.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in August 2011.

Bonus point for work culture - definitely work hard play hard mentality.

Candidates - come prepared with a portfolio or something to showcase your work and and accomplishments!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to manage multiple projects simultaneously.   Answer Question
    Long process but very pleasant

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Edelman in July 2011.

The interview process consisted of a short screening call with the recruiter, followed by an interview with two junior staff, then a third with the hiring manager. I then had to come into the office for a timed writing and editing test on a subject related to the work I'd be doing. I was offered the job the day after the writing test, and the whole process was about a week long.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was very simple and it didn't take much - be prepared to justify your salary with research on competitor pay and what industry analysts say.

Social Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Edelman in July 2011.

I found the position on Linked In and applied even though it was in San Francisco and I currently reside in Chicago. The Recruiters were very prompt in responding to my application and started the process. From then on everything moved rather quickly, which was a releif to me. Everyone was great about getting the interviews scheduled and completed, which told me that I was high on everyone's priority list. In total I spoke with 5 people in separate offices across the country, which can get tricky when dealing with multiple schedules across multiple time zones. Everyone was very friendly and accomodating and put me at ease, making each conversation just that, a conversation rather than an interrogation.
    All in all I would say that the process was very positive and everyone was accomodating to my schedule, allowed plenty of time for my questions, and we very personable. I am very excited about this opportunity and I can't wait to get started!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was the in the writing test portion-   View Answer