Edelman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President
San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in May 2009.

Interview Details – Edelman is a great place to work - I love it here. Their interviewing process is often long and requires several interviews. They are working to find the right people and that process can sometimes take a bit of time.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you didn't perform or missed expectations significantly. How did you address the issue and learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was straight-forward. They were careful to discuss compensation early in the process so there were few surprises. I needed to take some time off for a family matter only a few weeks after I started. They were happy to include that time in my offer and made it easy for me to take the time off.

Very Easy Interview

Creative Resource Manager Interview

Creative Resource Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in April 2013.

Interview Details – My initial communication with the recruiter was great. She responded to my emails quickly, set up a phone screening, and in less than a week I was meeting with other dept. managers. We had a informal coffee date to do a personality check and soon after I was called in to meet with my potential manger.

Interview Question – none that I can think of   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a number and got it.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Edelman in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to Edelman for an open Account Executive position in June through the website and never heard anything.

In October, I was invited to attend a recruiting event and at the time, was far along in the interview process somewhere else and almost didn't attend. It was my first smoozing event, so I was a little uncomfortable, but I attended. I was impressed with the employees I met there, and the recruiters were really open and friendly, and helped determine what level I would be appropriate for, what I'm interested in and introduced me to people. After the event, I followed up with everyone I met with a nice note, including the recruiter.

The recruiter asked me back for an informational interview, where I met with more people from the company, learned a little bit more about what they do, and had an opportunity to pitch myself a little bit. I was again impressed with the people at the company that I met. This took place at the end of October. The recruiter was very forthcoming with information, noting that there wasn't a position open at my level yet, but there are expecting it to open soon.

In November, I was called in to actually interview for the Senior Account Executive position. The fabulous recruiter was detailed with who I would be meeting with, so I was sure to check out my interviewers Linkedin profiles and do a quick search to have an idea of who I would be meeting with. The interviews went well and right before Thanksgiving, I was asked to come back again to take a spelling and grammar test, and submit a timed writing sample.

Then the holidays were upon us. It took until January for them to actually get back to me with a final YOU GOT THE JOB! and an offer letter, but I was so happy when it finally came. So often when applying for jobs, people are unresponsive and blow you off, but this wasn't the case with my Edelman experience. The recruiter kept me in the loop throughout December and was very kind to ease my distress--it was the holidays and so many decision makers were understandably out of the office with their families.

Over all, I had a very positive experience with the interview and hiring process at Edelman and it just goes to show that good things are worth the wait!

Interview Question – What do you feel your worst quality is? An area that you can work on?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was very easy. During my informational interview and my actual interview the recruiter and I discussed salaries and my offer set me in a good position for promotions and raises.

Very Difficult Interview

Vice President Interview

Vice President
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in January 2013.

Interview Details – Excellent and economic interview experience. Two phone interviews and two on site interviews to meet with seven people. Interviewers were punctual, knowledgeable, gracious, and direct. Each meeting led to increased interest in the firm.

Interview Question – What important trends do you see in our industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Expeditious and fair, painless.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Edelman

Interview Details – The process was very smooth, quick and organized. Everyone is super friendly! The in-person interview is a bit long, but everyone is great and it gives you a chance to meet the team you'll potentially be working with. I got a response very soon after.

Interview Question – Why tech PR?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Edelman in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication with HR was very friendly and polite. Phone Interview first to discuss areas of interest. Follow-up call about one week later regarding potential match. Three rounds of in-person interviews across three or four weeks. Everyone in the office was respectful and professional.

Interview Question – Do you have experience creating and distributing press releases?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Francisco, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Edelman in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a short screening call with the recruiter, followed by an interview with two junior staff, then a third with the hiring manager. I then had to come into the office for a timed writing and editing test on a subject related to the work I'd be doing. I was offered the job the day after the writing test, and the whole process was about a week long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was very simple and it didn't take much - be prepared to justify your salary with research on competitor pay and what industry analysts say.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive
San Mateo, CA

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in August 2011.

Interview Details – Bonus point for work culture - definitely work hard play hard mentality.

Candidates - come prepared with a portfolio or something to showcase your work and and accomplishments!

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to manage multiple projects simultaneously.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Long process but very pleasant

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Edelman in November 2011.

Interview Details – Really smooth interview process. The HR department was responsive and always answered emails and phone calls promptly. Everything went well until the offer came through and they were not willing to negotiate on salary or benefits. Oddly, was given the hard sell and guilt trip when I declined the offer.

Interview Question – What role do you play on a large team?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation package, asked for 2-3K more and was rejected.

AAE Interview

AAE
San Francisco, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Edelman in June 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter and had my first phone interview 2 days later. Interviewed first with an AS, got a nice feel of potential clients and work I'd be doing as well as the culture of the agency. Questions were fairly basic regarding my experience, interests, and why I was interested in working at Edelman. Second phone interview was 3 days later with a VP, same basic questions asking why I thought I was a good fit and specific questions about my experience.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working at Edelman?   Answer Question

Worked for Edelman? Contribute to the Community!