Edelman Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.7

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC).

Interview

The turnaround for hearing from Edelman was actually pretty quick for me. Within a day of submitting my application and sending an email with my resume I was on the phone with an HR interviewer, who was very friendly. The questions were standard, no out-of-the-blue or hardball stuff. I was then passed on to interview over the phone (I wasn't in the city at the time) with a couple of account people that I would be working with and was placed on a specific team, which are divided according to topic (health, corporate, energy, etc.). It all happened within a few days, and they wanted me to start right away, which was a bit stressful. But overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage your time when you have competing deadlines for different projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate for the intern position

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted a few days later. Did a phone interview where I was asked about my background etc.
    Came in to the office for an interview. Interviewers were very friendly and nice. Discussed my interest in PR and which specific fields I liked. Was then asked to do an online grammar test.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

Brought in for an in face interview with my direct supervisor to be. Follow up call from a more senior member of team. Brought in for a writing sample.

Interview Questions

• What are your weakest aspects?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not bad, the internship program is pretty set.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC).

Interview

Employee set up an informational interview for me with HR. Just so happens they had a position the recruiter thought I was well-suited for--so she set me up with a brief interview on the spot. Afterwards I was brought in for a formal interview with team, where I also took a writing test.

Interview Questions

• DC is a city filled with people of conviction. Public relations and public affairs for a global company can mean doing business for groups whose views may differ starkly from your own...it's important to think about whether you willing to tow the line regardless, before you sit down. Also, depending on the account, you may need to brush up on your issues...once you're in the door, you are expected to be an expert...whether that's healthcare, policy, energy, etc. or all of the above.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not in a position to negotiate. I took a pay cut to get the job. But Edelman rewards high performers, and if that's you, you can catch up pretty quickly.

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

I was hired on as an associate after an informal lunch and then tried out for a couple of months before being offered a full-time position. This is not the typical process, and definitely the exception to the rule. However, I was referred by someone I had worked with for years who was in senior management, so the recommendation carried great weight.

Client Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in July 2012.

Interview

I started out with a message on Twitter. an SAE was advertising for Edelman. They invited me to interview with them, and after flying out to DC, I met with the intern leads, but not my direct supervisor. After the interview, I was given a writing exam, that was simple enough for a 5th grader to pass. A few days later, they called me back and said I got the job

Interview Questions

• They asked normal questions about how I handle myself within the office, and asked me about why I would work as an intern, even though I had enough experience for an AAE   1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

Sent resume to colleague, got a call from recruiter for a screening phone call. Came for an in-person interview with three team members. Took the writing test. Was called back for an interview with team senior vice president, but scheduling conflicts led to a phone interview. Was offered the job by phone.

Interview Questions

• Interview style was conversational and questions about my prior experience and goals were expected.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

First I applied online and eventually had a phone interview with an HR rep. Later that week I got an e-mail back from the rep saying another, more appropriate position opened up and they'd love to have me for an interview.

After scheduling a good time to come by, I visited the D.C. office for an in-person interview, which consisted of two different interviews with two staffers each (first two account supervisors, then two vice presidents). I also had a 30-minute grammar and vocab test.

Upon completion of the day's schedule, I left on good terms with the HR rep and was told she'd be in contact with me.

I received another offer earlier this week and messaged the Edelman contact to see where I stood. She said they were leaning toward another candidate and wished me the best of luck.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

I followed resume submission guidelines on the Edelman website and received a phone call from the recruitment coordinator. I interviewed with two of my current team's senior level staff about three weeks later for the available position. The recruitment coordinator contacted me one week later to offer my a position, and I began working two weeks after the initial offer.

Interview Questions

• Summarize your public relations experience in 10 words or less.   1 Answer

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee but ultimately contact by the recruiter through LinkedIn. Three phone interviews and two in-person interviews, all with VP level employees or above. The process was quick, painless and very straightforward - I never felt like games were being played or that my time was not being valued. Although the comments regarding work/life balance and culture at first seemed like a sales pitch, they've ultimately turned out to be true.

Interview Questions

• What is the secret to effectively managing client relationships   Answer Question

Negotiation

When I received my initial offer it was for a nominal salary increase and a lateral title change - a definite deal breaker. Once I explained this, Edelman bumped up the salary and title, but it was not until I used a counter-offer from my current employer that I was able to get the dollar amount I was looking for. In fairness I had not been firm about my salary expectations, but I did feel like some games were being played during this process.