Edelman

2.7

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in November 2013.

Brought in for an in face interview with my direct supervisor to be. Follow up call from a more senior member of team. Brought in for a writing sample.

Interview Questions
    Not bad, the internship program is pretty set.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Edelman.

Employee set up an informational interview for me with HR. Just so happens they had a position the recruiter thought I was well-suited for--so she set me up with a brief interview on the spot. Afterwards I was brought in for a formal interview with team, where I also took a writing test.

Interview Questions
    • DC is a city filled with people of conviction. Public relations and public affairs for a global company can mean doing business for groups whose views may differ starkly from your own...it's important to think about whether you willing to tow the line regardless, before you sit down. Also, depending on the account, you may need to brush up on your issues...once you're in the door, you are expected to be an expert...whether that's healthcare, policy, energy, etc. or all of the above.   Answer Question
    I was not in a position to negotiate. I took a pay cut to get the job. But Edelman rewards high performers, and if that's you, you can catch up pretty quickly.

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Edelman in January 2013.

I was hired on as an associate after an informal lunch and then tried out for a couple of months before being offered a full-time position. This is not the typical process, and definitely the exception to the rule. However, I was referred by someone I had worked with for years who was in senior management, so the recommendation carried great weight.

Client Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Edelman in July 2012.

I started out with a message on Twitter. an SAE was advertising for Edelman. They invited me to interview with them, and after flying out to DC, I met with the intern leads, but not my direct supervisor. After the interview, I was given a writing exam, that was simple enough for a 5th grader to pass. A few days later, they called me back and said I got the job

Interview Questions
    • They asked normal questions about how I handle myself within the office, and asked me about why I would work as an intern, even though I had enough experience for an AAE   View Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in March 2012.

Sent resume to colleague, got a call from recruiter for a screening phone call. Came for an in-person interview with three team members. Took the writing test. Was called back for an interview with team senior vice president, but scheduling conflicts led to a phone interview. Was offered the job by phone.

Interview Questions
    • Interview style was conversational and questions about my prior experience and goals were expected.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edelman in February 2012.

First I applied online and eventually had a phone interview with an HR rep. Later that week I got an e-mail back from the rep saying another, more appropriate position opened up and they'd love to have me for an interview.

After scheduling a good time to come by, I visited the D.C. office for an in-person interview, which consisted of two different interviews with two staffers each (first two account supervisors, then two vice presidents). I also had a 30-minute grammar and vocab test.

Upon completion of the day's schedule, I left on good terms with the HR rep and was told she'd be in contact with me.

I received another offer earlier this week and messaged the Edelman contact to see where I stood. She said they were leaning toward another candidate and wished me the best of luck.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edelman in October 2011.

I followed resume submission guidelines on the Edelman website and received a phone call from the recruitment coordinator. I interviewed with two of my current team's senior level staff about three weeks later for the available position. The recruitment coordinator contacted me one week later to offer my a position, and I began working two weeks after the initial offer.

Interview Questions
    • Summarize your public relations experience in 10 words or less.   View Answer

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Edelman in May 2011.

I was referred by a current employee but ultimately contact by the recruiter through LinkedIn. Three phone interviews and two in-person interviews, all with VP level employees or above. The process was quick, painless and very straightforward - I never felt like games were being played or that my time was not being valued. Although the comments regarding work/life balance and culture at first seemed like a sales pitch, they've ultimately turned out to be true.

Interview Questions
    • What is the secret to effectively managing client relationships   Answer Question
    When I received my initial offer it was for a nominal salary increase and a lateral title change - a definite deal breaker. Once I explained this, Edelman bumped up the salary and title, but it was not until I used a counter-offer from my current employer that I was able to get the dollar amount I was looking for. In fairness I had not been firm about my salary expectations, but I did feel like some games were being played during this process.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Edelman in April 2011.

My initial contact with the company was an email from a Vice President that thought my skills might be a match. After responding to his email and sending my resume, I was contacted by an awesome HR rep for the phone screening. This was a standard check for background on skills, etc. After that I was brought in for a panel interview with two Senior VP's and an EVP that was the Group Head for the practice I would be working for. I also had to do a timed writing test that wasn't well catered to the Digital position I was being hired for, but was still challenging.

I would recommend being prepared on the type of work Edelman does on a day-to-day and ask questions about the current client relationship. Your work experience will differ greatly depending on the account and team members you work with. Everyone is super talented, but I found that it takes different skills to be successful with your team depending on the level of trust a client has in the work they want.

Interview Questions
    • How would you plan a digital outreach strategy for this audience?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.

Health Policy Lead At NGO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Edelman in January 2008.

I had an NGO executive director approach me about filling the position for their head of health policy but I wasn't interested in changing jobs at that time and felt the position would be a lateral position at best, so I declined further discussions.