EdgeCast Networks Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

NOC Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EdgeCast Networks.

I applied through Verizon website and i was called because the recruiter said some managers liked my resume. I got a phone interview and it seems the recruiter was not quite familiar with some technical skills i discussed but she kind of thought i had some experience working on cool stuffs. I got an appointment date for skype interview. The first hardship i had was with the wi-fi connection from their end. I think it was preety bad. Secondly, the first 2 interviewers were great and they asked about my knowledge of the company which i was able to answer because I had researched about them. I was thrown out by the last interviewer who was a little unfriendly. He asked me to describe HTTP header. I was alittle taken back by this question because although i am quite familiar with HTTP protocol I've never taken note of the packet header.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me to describe HTTP packet header.   View Answer

NOC Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EdgeCast Networks.

The process was pretty smooth, starting with recruiter phone call, in-person interviews, technical and non-technical questions, 2nd interview spoke with director and other team managers to see where my path would lead if I were to join. Eventually we found it wasn't going to be the best fit. Always good to get out there and interview with companies that you believe in what they are doing.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me why would I want to move from my current position, which turned out to be higher than the one I was applying to, and it turned out to not be a good a fit.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EdgeCast Networks in June 2014.

Applied online and EC had a rather quick turn-around time in getting back to me. (appreciated this aspect)

Following the initial contact:
    -Was told I was under-qualified for the position I applied for and then referred to a remedial position
    -Went over 20 emails back and forth with an initial recruiter
    -Given a salesdrive "sales assessment" to complete
    -Incorrectly scheduled for a 1:1 interview w/sales mngr (didn't work for either of our schedules)
    -Rescheduled for interview with new recruiter for a new time
    -Sales manager called me 10 minutes late for the meeting and failed to leave me a voicemail
    -Voluntarily withdrew from interview process

I totally understand that this company is still experiencing some growing pains and a recent acquisition. However, the whole process was just an overall cumbersome experience and not at all encouraging to go through. On the positive side, the recruiters that I did work with were very friendly and pretty quick to respond to questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at EdgeCast Networks in December 2013.

2 phone interviews, and then 2 more onsite interviews with project team and some development. Received no updates after multiple follow-ups. I understand that I didn't get the job but the courtesy of a response would be appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with CEO changing project priority or requiring his projects take precedence?   View Answers (2)

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EdgeCast Networks.

Applied online, contacted by recruiter , skype interview with the team followed by phone interview with manager and then onsite. Face to face interview with almost every person in team. Pretty straight forward ques, how to reverse a string, how to find prime numbers, inheritance concept, SQL queries, questions about strings and arrays

Interview Questions

Compensation and benefits were fair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at EdgeCast Networks.

The hiring process at Edgecast moved really fast. I really liked their Recruiter/HR team. Extremely courteous and friendly HR people. I got a phone interview in a couple days with HR and moved onto an on site interview just as quick the following week.

On Site Interview:
    Met with first NOC Supervisor in charge of NOC Monitoring. Great interview experience. Nice and friendly conversation. Thoroughly good interview with questions exchanged back and forth. So far so good.

Met with two more NOC 'Support' Supervisors: This is where things got less desirable. Not a smile cracked from these two. The entire interview from here on in felt super condescending. Technical questions were a breeze if you've had experience in this field and are comfortable with Linux/Basic Networking. It got really uncomfortable and 'corporate' feeling right away as questions started firing off. I knew right then and there this wasn't the place for me, but the potential growth seemed promising so I kept at it, trying my best. I'm glad I interviewed here and experienced it. Edgecast seems like a pretty cool growing company with great opportunities, but aside from these individuals I encountered in the NOC department, it CLEARLY seemed that some very under qualified people here want to keep their jobs. If you want happy interviewees and good answers, don't play this bad cop good cop thing. See ya Edgecast!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at EdgeCast Networks in January 2013.

This!
    "Played phone tag with the recruiter who had reached out to me for several weeks before scheduling a phone interview. I got the impression that their was either no urgency to hire for the position or they were too busy to interview candidates."

Tino a recruiter emails me schedules a phone screening, then emails me few hours later rescheduling. Then never calls me.

Interview Questions
    • NA because no one ever calls me after they schedule phone interviews.   View Answer

DevOps Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EdgeCast Networks in March 2012.

Applied for the gig - recruiter called me up and did a basic round of technical questions. Went in and met with the team. First impression I had was that everyone on the engineering team was overworked. Their management team is fairly laid back and seemed to be rather disconnected from the folks doing the actual work. The best part of the interview was meeting with the CEO. Very smart guy who clearly knows the ins and outs of the CDN business.

Interview Questions

While working for a CDN would definitely be an interesting company to work I got the vibe that Edgecast works it's employees to a grind. Most of the engineers I met looked tired, frustrated and pretty much wishing they weren't there. Also felt their dev team had a fairly cowboyish/hacker type attitude which really doesn't work well with release engineering. Their compensation packages and benefits are also fairly average.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at EdgeCast Networks in January 2012.

After getting through the phone interview roughly 3-4 weeks after I'd applied, I was brought in for a panel interview. Two of the executives brought their laptops into the interview. At first I thought it was for taking notes, but then I realized that they were typing emails and doing work throughout the entire interview. They pelted me with a lot of standard interview questions and some not so standard. In the end, I felt more like I was being judged than interviewed. I sent thank you's to each person involved in the interview and only got a response from one. The whole process took about 6 weeks and then I never heard from them again.

Logistics & Asset Tracking Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at EdgeCast Networks in December 2011.

The recruiter wasn't very professional. He called me for phone interview and immediately offer me one on one interview, but I had to change the time since I already have a prior engagement needed to attend. He said that's fine and will confirm back with me. I followed with him again and confirmed the interview time and date, only as soon as we sat down during the interview, he started to tell me that actually this is not a right job for me and they already have someone else in mind that the manager would like. Then he said that the reason why he scheduled the interview with me becasue he likes the engery that I had on the phone...a bit weird.