EdgeCast Networks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks.

Interview

I applied on their website, and was first contacted by their recruiter a few days later, then went through a pretty light phone screen, then on to a 3 hour on site interview meeting about 5-6 people. The interview itself was quite enjoyable since they let me talk a lot about my previous experience and projects and did not focus so much on things like whiteboarding and coding puzzles. The HR staff was also very friendly and helpful. Although unfortunately I didn't receive an offer, I really liked the atmosphere and attitude of the people working there and it does seem like a great place to work.

Lead Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter, then went through a phone screen, then on to a 2 hour on site interview meeting about 7-8 people. They were friendly and great people and the interview itself was quite enjoyable. I recommend the company.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. They scheduled a phone interview . But the hiring manager didn't call me at the scheduled time. I sent an email to the recruiter to find out what happened. Because they wasted my money time and made me wait for the call. The recruiter never bothered to reply back to my email. This is so unethical of them . I am utterly disappointed.

NOC Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks (Playa Vista, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

After sending my resume to a friend that currently works for Edgecast (now known as Verizon Digital Media Services), the recruited called me a couple weeks later to set up an in-person interview. The first interview involved interviewing with multiple leaders within the NOC on a 1-on-1 basis. After the first interview, the recruiter would call back to set up a second interview with upper management. Then, finally, if you passed the interview, the recruiter will submit a verbal offer and then set up the usual background check.

NOC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks.

Interview

I applied through Verizon website and i was called because the recruiter said some managers liked my resume. I got a phone interview and it seems the recruiter was not quite familiar with some technical skills i discussed but she kind of thought i had some experience working on cool stuffs. I got an appointment date for skype interview. The first hardship i had was with the wi-fi connection from their end. I think it was preety bad. Secondly, the first 2 interviewers were great and they asked about my knowledge of the company which i was able to answer because I had researched about them. I was thrown out by the last interviewer who was a little unfriendly. He asked me to describe HTTP header. I was alittle taken back by this question because although i am quite familiar with HTTP protocol I've never taken note of the packet header.

Interview Questions

• He asked me to describe HTTP packet header.   1 Answer

NOC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks.

Interview

The process was pretty smooth, starting with recruiter phone call, in-person interviews, technical and non-technical questions, 2nd interview spoke with director and other team managers to see where my path would lead if I were to join. Eventually we found it wasn't going to be the best fit. Always good to get out there and interview with companies that you believe in what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why would I want to move from my current position, which turned out to be higher than the one I was applying to, and it turned out to not be a good a fit.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and EC had a rather quick turn-around time in getting back to me. (appreciated this aspect) Following the initial contact: -Was told I was under-qualified for the position I applied for and then referred to a remedial position -Went over 20 emails back and forth with an initial recruiter -Given a salesdrive "sales assessment" to complete -Incorrectly scheduled for a 1:1 interview w/sales mngr (didn't work for either of our schedules) -Rescheduled for interview with new recruiter for a new time -Sales manager called me 10 minutes late for the meeting and failed to leave me a voicemail -Voluntarily withdrew from interview process I totally understand that this company is still experiencing some growing pains and a recent acquisition. However, the whole process was just an overall cumbersome experience and not at all encouraging to go through. On the positive side, the recruiters that I did work with were very friendly and pretty quick to respond to questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews, and then 2 more onsite interviews with project team and some development. Received no updates after multiple follow-ups. I understand that I didn't get the job but the courtesy of a response would be appreciated.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with CEO changing project priority or requiring his projects take precedence?   2 Answers

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Applied online, contacted by recruiter , skype interview with the team followed by phone interview with manager and then onsite. Face to face interview with almost every person in team. Pretty straight forward ques, how to reverse a string, how to find prime numbers, inheritance concept, SQL queries, questions about strings and arrays

Interview Questions

Compensation and benefits were fair

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EdgeCast Networks (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

The hiring process at Edgecast moved really fast. I really liked their Recruiter/HR team. Extremely courteous and friendly HR people. I got a phone interview in a couple days with HR and moved onto an on site interview just as quick the following week. On Site Interview: Met with first NOC Supervisor in charge of NOC Monitoring. Great interview experience. Nice and friendly conversation. Thoroughly good interview with questions exchanged back and forth. So far so good. Met with two more NOC 'Support' Supervisors: This is where things got less desirable. Not a smile cracked from these two. The entire interview from here on in felt super condescending. Technical questions were a breeze if you've had experience in this field and are comfortable with Linux/Basic Networking. It got really uncomfortable and 'corporate' feeling right away as questions started firing off. I knew right then and there this wasn't the place for me, but the potential growth seemed promising so I kept at it, trying my best. I'm glad I interviewed here and experienced it. Edgecast seems like a pretty cool growing company with great opportunities, but aside from these individuals I encountered in the NOC department, it CLEARLY seemed that some very under qualified people here want to keep their jobs. If you want happy interviewees and good answers, don't play this bad cop good cop thing. See ya Edgecast!