Edmodo

www.edmodo.com

Edmodo Interview Questions

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Edmodo.

I had one phone interview with Edmodo before being flown out for an onsite interview. The phone interview was great, and I really got a feeling that they were trying to gauge my interest in the company and my personality as well as my technical knowledge.

My onsite interview involved me meeting four different people for 45 minutes each. Everyone I met was very nice, and I got a great impression about the company and what they were trying to do.

Unfortunately, my experience after the interview was very negative. Although the recruiters had been very kind and responsive before the interview, they were completely unresponsive afterwards. Considering the fact that I had taken the time to fly out to their office for a weekend, I would have thought that I at least deserved the courtesy of a rejection email. Also, I don't think my interview went completely terribly, as one of the interviewers said that he was really impressed with me. I was really disappointed with how the recruiters handled the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic to mid level algorithm questions. Some specific questions about the language that I was most proficient in.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edmodo in February 2014.

I was recommended to apply by a friend. They put me in touch with the recruiter. From there I had two phone interviews and received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you have an input of a list of strings and you want an output of a list of all the duplicates, how would you do that in O(n)?   View Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Edmodo.

Applied online through their website. Recruiter reached out to me after looking over my resume. Had two phone interviews. There were no specific technical questions that were asked in either interview. I was asked to expand on certain projects I had listed on my resume. Then, I was asked questions based on those projects. I felt both interviews had gone pretty smoothly. I didn't really know where I would fit as an intern in the company as my skills didn't really match what they were looking for. I think that may have been one of the biggest reasons I wasn't given an offer despite the good interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince a skeptic of the benefits of our product?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Edmodo in November 2013.

Got introduced to a recruiter by a friend. Extremely fast interview process took less than a week (possibly because I had a time sensitive offer) with medium-level algorithm questions and also some pure math/stats if you are interested in data science. Recruiter was very professional (got back quickly each time) and the engineers I talked to seemed pretty cool as well.

Interview Questions
    • you have a n by m matrix. if any row has a 0 turn all entries in that row to 0; same with columns. do this in O(1) constant space.

also an interesting data-gathering-with-api question over the phone and some very basic statistics (bayes theorem, etc) for data science

View Answer
    definitely negotiate - they will beat out goldman sachs and google intern salaries if they really want to hire you.