Edmonds Community College

Relevance Date Difficulty

Instructor Interview

Instructor
Lynnwood, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Edmonds Community College in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, answered some essay questions about my professional and academic experiences and was invited onsite to be interviewed by the hiring committee for that position. During the interview, members of the committee asked me questions that reflected the domain I wished to teach then I was asked to provide a 10-15 minute lecture on a specific subject from my domain of expertise.

Interview Question – Sorry, but none of the questions seemed that hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't one. Pay is determined by years of experience and amount of documented accredited training\credits\degress.

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Lynnwood, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Edmonds Community College.

Interview Details – The process of interview is really easy. They ask for transcripts so that they can check which classes you can tutor on. Once there, they ask you about your experience tutoring, and how can you help students understand the concepts of the classes.
They ask about working experience, and how is it related to the department, in this case, TRiO.

Interview Question – There was not a really hard question. It was more about sharing your experience, and explaining the reasons for applying for the tutor position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me few weeks later to let me know that I can tutor in the Spanish and Computer Information Systems classes. They had a fixed payment rate for the students, so there was not much of a negotiation.

Worked for Edmonds Community College? Contribute to the Community!