Education Affiliates Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2014

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Education Affiliates

Admissions Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Education Affiliates.

In person interview, computer assessment, phone interview about assessment results. It was a long drawn out process. Longer than it has to be. All this and still people quit after the first week.

There was no negotiation

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Education Affiliates.

1 phone interview, 1 platform interview
    The phone interview was typical, qualifications, experience, etc.
    The platform is key. You teach a class for 10 to 15 minutes in your subject area. They wanted to see if you could manage a classroom so a couple of the "reviewers" let their cell phone go off, disrupted, were late, etc. Put your name on the board, have a prepared ppt and know it inside and out. Be prepared for questions, ask for them!
    If you are offered the job ask for more money because these people will low-ball you and you will never get a raise unless you bug the crap out of them. Expect to bring your own materials, get your own contacts with the textbook publishers because most of the PDs are too lazy to help you. Don't get me wrong, there are some really awesome program directors but the DOEs cannot be trusted and I would keep information about yourself to yourself. This place has a bunch of backstabbers and I have seen instructors set up other instructors because they were afraid of them. Do not make friends there, be polite, professional and do the job. Turnover is awful in most departments. Anyone who has been there a while is an a$$ kisser and you should be nice and polite and do your thing, and go home.

Interview Questions
    Low-ball offer, said they couldn't afford more. The did though... good thing, no raises unless you ask and ask and ask. Reviewers have no choice but to think of something to put on there to downgrade you, even if it is something like took 11 minutes instead of 10 minute break.

Career Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Education Affiliates.

Initial communication was via email and phone call from the Campus President (School Director)

Interview Questions
    • None that stood out, it was more of a conversation than a formal interview. I was asked about my educational background and general experience, but nothing overly difficult.   Answer Question
    I was told there was no room for negotiation

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Education Affiliates in March 2010.

The first interview is a group interview. Then there is a individual interview.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Education Affiliates in October 2010.

First interview was a group of 20 poeple we all had to stand up and say something about ourselves. Then we had to take a personality test. They want to know if you have a type A personality. If you score well you have a interview with the dir of the school and the dir of admissions. The just want to know if you have the abitly to sell the school. The job is a sales job

yes i was the pay range wwas 45 to 55 i got 48

Worked for Education Affiliates? Contribute to the Community!