Education Inc. Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

3.3

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Education Inc..

Interview

This was the longest and most unorganized interview process I have ever been through. I was in contact with several different people trying to schedule interviews, which often got cancelled or moved last minute. They use a standardized interview questionnaire which takes about 4 hours and it can be pretty invasive. They won't get back to you for weeks about the interview and then expect you to come in the next day for another 3 or 4 hour interview with other people. The whole process is draining and 100% not worth it.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the biggest mistakes you have ever made?   Answer Question

Hospital Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Education Inc..

Interview

The first step of the interview is a 30 minute phone interview. The interviewer spent a few minutes telling me about Education Inc, and then asked some make or break questions (working with terminally ill students, pay rate of 15/hr as non-negotioable etc). They then asked me a series of broad and specific questions about my last two places of work. As with many phone interviews it was difficult to read how it was going from the interviewer, who mostly answered with "ok," "thanks," "great" and some occasional laughter.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Ed Inc? Where do you see your career in the next 3 years? What was your most creative lesson? For each job: What were your primary responsibilities? What were your biggest successes? Biggest mistakes or failures? What were the most enjoyable and least enjoyable aspects of your jobs? What were your supervisors strengths and weaknesses? What would they say your strengths and weaknesses are? How would they rate you on a scale of 1-10?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Education Inc. (Plymouth, MA).

Interview

Education, Incorporated uses a system called Top Grading. It is an extremely in depth, detailed methodology that "supposedly" weeds out players graded from A ( top players) to C players ( ones that may be terminated). While I see the value in using a standardized format, the process was tedious and repetitive and didn't allow for "out of the box" responses. The interviews themselves lasted between 45 minutes and 6 hours. Very limited feedback was provided to the candidate.

Interview Questions

• "Are you a quick and decisive decision maker or a thoughtful and detailed planner?" This is an approximation of the question.   Answer Question

Hospital Teacher Interview

Interview

Phone, in person, demo lesson, competency, references. It was a very long and in depth process. Spoke to references of their choice and candidate had to schedule all of them. Demo lesson was a live lesson in one of the alternative classroom settings to see how they are in the classroom.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Education Inc. (Quincy, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very long, but I felt like the company cared what type of employee they were hiring. There was a 30 min or so phone interview, an in person interview, and then a teaching demo at a hospital site.

Interview Questions

• What would your past employer say was your biggest success in your last role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Education Inc. (Plymouth, MA).

Interview

The hiring process is called Topgrading from a book the higher ups read. The theory behind the process is to weed out the weaker applicants. First they schedule a phone interview with you, be prepared to set aside two hours for this because it is incredibly extensive. The interview even includes questions about your high school experience. If you pass this step, you schedule an in person interview that takes another two hours and has a lot of repetitive questions. If you are moved forward you then schedule a demo day; basically you are job shadowing whatever position you applied for without pay. If they like you they will call you soon after your demo to offer you the position. I was warned by many professionals in my life that a company that makes you jump through all of these hoops this early in the game will have more hoops during employment and boy were they right. Take this as a warning

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about high school and college experience: who influenced you, why did you make the choices you've made, etc. Any aspirations you may have may be held against you, be sure to answer questions with hopes to advance within the company regardless of the arm and leg you may sacrifice-- they want those answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Education Inc. (Plymouth, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

The initial communication was a cold call which I returned. I then filled out a 13 page Career History Form which asked a ton of questions. I did it immediately and a few days later a very long telephone interview was scheduled. A little bit after that I found out the position had been moved to New Jersey!!!!! I got a call a few months later to come in for an in person panel style interview. Then I came in for half a day to "shadow". A week or so after that I got the offer. They checked all of my references, did a background and a CORI check. I'm saying it was positive because I've never had a process like that sense and it was so thorough that I knew any other process would be much easier.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a mistake/failure you've made and what you did about it   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. I would recommend to anyone thinking of accepting a job with this organization to make sure you really feel like you'll mesh with this place

Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Education Inc..

Interview

tech interview gd hr

GOCC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Education Inc..

Interview

Very little was disclosed about the reality of the workplace; would have not accepted otherwise

Interview Questions

• Little structure; little room for innovation/negotiation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Several day turn-around; Little to no negotiation

Administration and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Education Inc. (Lahore (Pakistan)) in February 2012.

Interview

it was long and HR was a very slow department