Education Management Corporation

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tempe, AZ

I interviewed at Education Management Corporation in May 2011.

Interview Details – Met with Admissions Manager. Asked me questions from a sheet. Was hard to read and did not express any interest in actually performing the interview. The only part he seemed interested in was when I explained my rank at my previous job. The process didn't take long at all.

Interview Question – Most questions were very textbook. Toughest one was about solving an issue in the former job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating, they only have one salary they offer without negotiation.

Academic Counselor Interview

Academic Counselor
Tempe, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Easy process once you get in. There was a phone interview and then an in person interview. I was offered the job within the week. Training started two weeks later. I was in training for 3 weeks - but the training was really only about 1/10 of the job. Had to learn the rest on the fly.

Interview Question – Typical Intervidw Questions   Answer Question

Video Cage Staff Interview

Video Cage Staff
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in July 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application to apply for a position on campus. Had an interview scheduled the following week. I felt the interview went well but the candidate process took about a month.

Interview Question – What was one thing you enjoyed most about your previous job?   View Answer

Technical Support Tier II Interview

Technical Support Tier II
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview Details – Got a call 2 days after submitting resume, and initially did phone interview and then met in person with 4 managers for an interview

Interview Question – Most questions were technical questions and they were fairly easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to negotiate because they were offering a lower salary than I requested.

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – it was interesting the company has a very structured process however a friend told me about the job and all i did was talk to a manager for about two minutes and was hired.

Negotiation Details – we will call you with an offer and a start date

Academic Counselor Interview

Academic Counselor
Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in September 2012.

Interview Details – First was a phone interview followed by an in person interview. They want to see that you can talk easily and keep the conversation going.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Just salary.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – A lot of phone interviews, including a role play.

Interview Question – Nothing overly agressive or unexpected   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found job closer.

Pre-Admissions Representative Interview

Pre-Admissions Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initial screening phone interview, was told to research the company and our schools before I would have my first face to face interview. The face to face, was very professional, asked basic interview questions as well as behavioral interview questions, and then asked to role play off of the outbound call script. Told that I would recieve a follow up call to let me know if i recieved the job or not.

Interview Question – How do you define success?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salaray and hours were non negotiable

Very Easy Interview

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Enrollment Advisor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in January 2008.

Interview Details – When you submit your application be sure to talk about how much you like sales, phone work, education and people.
Show up at the interview on time and looking professional. It's important to have a great personality and to be excited about ecucation. You will be interviewed by potiental managers.

Interview Question – I didn't find any of the questions difficult. If you enjoy customer service then you will answer the questions well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I should have asked for me money, but didn't know what was the top pay for this job

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Assistant Director of Admissions
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in May 2009.

Interview Details – Initial contact in email with link to a skills test then telephone interview whereby a 1:1 interview was scheduled. Upon completion of 1:1 interview, another short phone interview took place, background check ensued and within three days I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about previous employment and how that will help you be successful in this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate anything. Offer in its entirety was firm.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Education Management Corporation

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Education Management Corporation interview questions and advice in Arizona. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Education Management Corporation employees and interview candidates.