Education Management Corporation

2.3

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Support Tier II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Got a call 2 days after submitting resume, and initially did phone interview and then met in person with 4 managers for an interview

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were technical questions and they were fairly easy   Answer Question
    I had to negotiate because they were offering a lower salary than I requested.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Education Management Corporation in March 2013.

A lot of phone interviews, including a role play.

Found job closer.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Education Management Corporation in September 2012.

First was a phone interview followed by an in person interview. They want to see that you can talk easily and keep the conversation going.

No negotiations. Just salary.

Video Cage Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Education Management Corporation in July 2012.

Submitted application to apply for a position on campus. Had an interview scheduled the following week. I felt the interview went well but the candidate process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing you enjoyed most about your previous job?   View Answer

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Education Management Corporation in May 2012.

Easy process once you get in. There was a phone interview and then an in person interview. I was offered the job within the week. Training started two weeks later. I was in training for 3 weeks - but the training was really only about 1/10 of the job. Had to learn the rest on the fly.

Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

The process took a weekinterviewed at Education Management Corporation in May 2012.

Phone interview followed by one on one interview. Emphasis on heavy selling. Waited 45 minutes for interviewer, whole situation was very unprofessional.

Student Finance Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Education Management Corporation in March 2012.

Finance Director and Finance Manager were there and they both asked many different questions about how I would fit in the Finance Counselor role. It was not to terribly intimidating and they were asking questions related to how I would change things in my current role and the Finance Counselor role.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change about the finance counselors on your team.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Financial Aide Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Education Management Corporation in November 2011.

What are 3 strengths and 1 weakness.
    Give me 3 adjectives that describe you.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Education Management Corporation in October 2011.

A series of meetings with highly intelligent folks who know their business. Lots of specific skills questions. You can't bs these folks so Know your stuff or stay home!

Interview Questions
    Expect a really low offer and negotiate.

Pre-Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Education Management Corporation in October 2011.

Initial screening phone interview, was told to research the company and our schools before I would have my first face to face interview. The face to face, was very professional, asked basic interview questions as well as behavioral interview questions, and then asked to role play off of the outbound call script. Told that I would recieve a follow up call to let me know if i recieved the job or not.

Interview Questions
    Salaray and hours were non negotiable