Education Management Corporation

www.edmc.edu

Education Management Corporation Assistant Director of Admissions Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Feb 19, 2014

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Director of Admissions

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview Details – Very easy at the time I interviewed. They will virtually take anyone with sales experience. The fact that I was referred to the company, might be why i had such an easy interview. Not one hard question. Hired on second interview. I highly suggest that no one accept a position with this company until they get their act together.

Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter for this position. I was signed up to attend a group information seminar. There were about 10-12 of us and we received information on The Art Institute as a whole, and a little bit about the job itself. From there, we did a quick 5-10 minute sit down with one of the three managers.. very quick/basic questions such as, "do you have a problem with making X amount of phone calls a day?" We were told we would hear back in a few days if they were interested. I heard back later that evening and was asked to come back for an additional interview the next day. That interview was with both the Associates and the Director of Admissions. It was about a 20-30 minute interview if I remember correctly. Initially, I was told the process would take a few weeks, but after I left that interview, I was offered the position a few hours later, however; I did not start the position until a month later--something about starting during a payroll period?

Interview Question – They will ask you how you feel about being on the phone and making __ amount of calls per day. If being on the phone is not something you are after, I highly suggest looking elsewhere for a job because that is the majority of what you do. You literally will be either on the phone, or interviewing students/families all day... so you must be outgoing/like to talk a lot!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.. was a set salary.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details – Did a 30 minute phone interview, met with Sr. Director of admissions, and director of admissions, waited about 1 week to hear back, another week to receive offer letter

Interview Question – Sell me this pen...   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – 1 Phone interview and 2 in office interviews

Interview Question – Role playing a call pretending to call a student on 1st in office interview. No background or warning.   Answer Question

Penn Pitt, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview Details – They found me from my resume posted on Monster.com. The "interview" was more like a conversation with a car salesman, the topic was all about the company and very little was discussed about me as a candidate. I had previous employment in sales, that was all they were interested in. Lots of promises made, very few realized.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher salary than originally offered. It was not difficult to do since they were pressuring me to accept the position.

Assistant Director of Admissions

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview Details – First step is to come to the campus and listen to a presentation about the company and position. From there you will meet with the President of the campus, along with the Senior Director and Director of Admissions. The local HR Rep is usually there too. You will answer one question in regards to sales. Please understand that EDMC and the Art Institutes are looking for CLOSERS. From there you will be invited back to a 2nd interview where you will do role plays of how you will get someone to go to school. After that an offer is usually made within 48 hours if you're selected.

Interview Question – The role play.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Everyone comes in at the same salary.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in May 2009.

Interview Details – Initial contact in email with link to a skills test then telephone interview whereby a 1:1 interview was scheduled. Upon completion of 1:1 interview, another short phone interview took place, background check ensued and within three days I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about previous employment and how that will help you be successful in this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate anything. Offer in its entirety was firm.

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied to the position online and received an email within the same week. It asked me to call the person listed in the email and setup an interview. After doing that I headed down to their office. The interview itself was a piece of cake, they just ask you a lot about how hard you are willing to work. It IS a sales job, so they hire anyone, and if you don't make the numbers in your first few months they will just fire you. They only care that you can make sales, just show that you have a personality and that you can relate to people and you will get hired easy. Mostly behavioral questions and then some scenarios. Example, "How would you keep me on the phone if I said I had to go?".

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to make more than 1000 phone calls a day and not speak to one person? Would this discourage you?   Answer Question
  • How do you deal with people giving you excuses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much to negotiate. They give you a salary number based on your previous work experience and age.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in January 2008.

Interview Details – I did not apply for this position. The company found my resume on Monster.com and called me for an interview. I interviewed with 2 directors, back to back. I was outright lied to. I was told that I would not be making any cold calls, and that every person I spoke with was someone who had visited the school's website and had checked the box requesting more information. When I started I was given a database of 300 names, all of whom had been in the system since 2005 and 2006 and had been called many many times. I was told that I would be given autonomy to do my work when in reality, I was micromanaged on every detail. Although my intuition told me that the directors who interviewed me were shady characters, I chose to disregard my intuition because I was desperate for a paycheck. I should have run screaming from the building.

Interview Question – There were no difficult interview questions. It was basically a sales presentation as to reasons why it would be the perfect job for me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Because of my experience, they wanted me, therefore did negotiate with me and finally offered $2000 more than their initial offer.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in December 2008.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by recruiter that worked in house. Once the job was explained, was offered to come in for a group interview. The group interview involved roughly 12 people. There was a slide presentation on the company and what their goals were and how the employee fit in. Then you were taken out to do a one on one interview with two directors. They asked general questions and offered scenarios that you needed to answer. Once that was done, the interview was over. Once the offer letter came in, you were hired and took part in a training class where all paperwork was filled out.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a student that is in financial hardship that spending $45,000 on an associates degree is worth it?   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable using sales techniques, such as defensive selling to enroll a student?   Answer Question

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!