Education Management Corporation

70 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Tutor Interview

Student Tutor

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview Details – Interview process was very straightforward. It really depends on who is in charge of the "Tutoring Center" over at the various Art Institutes. The management underwent many changes since I've started.

Basically, my merit was based first on the grades I received in my classes, and how far I've gone in the curriculum. I'd have to be at least a quarter of the way through with my programs.

Secondly, my expertise with particular programs such as Adobe Creative Suite. It depends on whether they have a need for a tutor of a specific major.

Interview Question – What quarter are you in? What classes have you taken?   View Answer

Tempe, AZ

I interviewed at Education Management Corporation in May 2011.

Interview Details – Met with Admissions Manager. Asked me questions from a sheet. Was hard to read and did not express any interest in actually performing the interview. The only part he seemed interested in was when I explained my rank at my previous job. The process didn't take long at all.

Interview Question – Most questions were very textbook. Toughest one was about solving an issue in the former job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating, they only have one salary they offer without negotiation.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview Details – Standard interview process. Standard interview questions. When it comes to salary, there is no negotiating. You will either accept the job at the offered salary or reject it. They are constantly hiring for this position as there is tremendous turnover in the Admissions Department.

Interview Question – There were no questions in the interview that were either intimidating and or overly challenging. My best advice is to look and act professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. If you are offered the job you will be presented the salary. It is a take it or leave it scenario only.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the dept manager followed by in-person, multiple sessions in one day with 2 people per session (long!) Heard back within 2 days that an offer was coming. Received offer letter via e-mail.

Interview Question – Describe a time when one of your coworkers acted unethically and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in June 2014.

Interview Details – Tell me about yourself. What are two things you can improve on? What would you do in a situation when a student no longer has interest in the school? What are you two best qualities?

Interview Question – none..pretty straight forward questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really no negotiation… they write you up an offer and thats pretty much it. They say your salary will go up after time.

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Financial Aid Officer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. 1st for 10 minutes with the department chair. 2nd with president 5 minutes after the first one ended and only for 5 minutes. Questions were generic and didn't really pertain to the job itself, but more cultural issues and seemingly to decide if i would fit in with the rest of the team more than if I was qualified to do the job.

Interview Question – Why us over IPFW, St. Francis or another school in town.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Here's what we're willing to offer, take it or leave it.

Career Services Advisor Interview

Career Services Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in June 2011.

Interview Details – Internal- very easy as I worked with the hiring manager in a different capacity. In the beginning I was interviewed by a director, and the questions were challenging but I was satisfied with the process.

Academic Counselor Interview

Academic Counselor
Tempe, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Easy process once you get in. There was a phone interview and then an in person interview. I was offered the job within the week. Training started two weeks later. I was in training for 3 weeks - but the training was really only about 1/10 of the job. Had to learn the rest on the fly.

Interview Question – Typical Intervidw Questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Dean of Academic Affairs Interview

Dean of Academic Affairs
Canton, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in June 2010.

Interview Details – Internal Hire. The interview was a standard list of questions in the Situation - Action - Impact format with very little depth

Interview Question – Be prepared to discuss salary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they would not negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in June 2012.

Interview Details – a brief interview with 2 different people

Interview Question – can you hold a conversation ( not lying, this is what the requirements are ). The gentlemen interviewing me followed up by saying .... we can train you how to use psychology to get the results you want from people.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was offered. I took the job because I was desperate

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!