Education Management Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process consisted of meeting an Admissions Manager and a Senior level Admissions Manager. There was some role playing about what I'd say to help encourage a potential student to apply for and start their college education. I was already experienced at a competing college, so the interview wasn't particularly hard. I knew that I had got the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• Let's roleplay, I'll be the potential student and you be the admissions representative. How would you encourage me to apply to college here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Online application, was called for an in-person interview, and then a follow up telephone interview that included a role play scenario. Generally a very unorganized process. This company is a revolving door... and it's not education. It's sales.

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview

Quick- Applied to the position online, interviewed onsite about a week after I had an initial phone screen, had an offer within three weeks and started working two weeks after I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions around the research I did on the company prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview

What was most appealing to them was not my interests or my skill set, but that I could frame my narrative in an inspirational way. This company is run by soulless ghouls, just smile and make everyone feel your warmth. They made their review process seem rigorous by having me meet with multiple levels of management in their offices but ultimately they just want smiling, empty positivity and hope for the future of our doomed race while they run their scandal plagued hedge fund Frankenstein's monster into the ground along with the futures of many unsuspecting young people.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Education Management Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

EDMC is very quick to responses to open positions. Once contacted, a telephone interview is held and then if selected, an initial face to face interview is scheduled soon after. They also have a second interview process with the hiring manager and possibly their team members. They continue to keep you informed throughout all of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about EDMC?   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview

EDMC has a group interview process, usually an evening and morning format, and are very friendly. When I interviewed, they were looking for people to fill 3 different time slots and we could pick the one we wanted, which is great as I'm not a morning person and I start at 9am. The person who interviewed us was our manager. They let you know what your starting pay will be $40k for one year, and if you stay 4 years in the same position you'll be earning 57k. They tend to ask only 3 or 4 questions before sending you to their manager to talk with you. They are looking for people who are curious, and ask great questions. They are also looking for people who are coachable and want to learn.

Interview Questions

• none. Make sure you have questions to ask them, especially what they would like to see from you in the first 90 days.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't any negotiation, almost everyone starts at 40k, except for those with prior admissions experience with another school, where they make a little more.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview

It took over 3 months for them to offer me a position. The interview questions were simple and interview team were very welcoming. Overall the interview was basic. Questions where about myself and with I could bring to their school.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview

The school reaches out to the students through career services and e-mail so it is on you to apply. Once they review all the applications, they e-mail you to set up interviews or tell you if you weren't chosen. You work out the interview date with the head of the department and go in. They generally always want to know if you have questions about the job, but it's a very relaxed atmosphere.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process was good. It was a panel discussion and dialogue was free-flowing. The management, development and BA lead were represented in the discussion. The group was prepared with scripted questions. Not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to create a use case from a sample scenario document   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation options available; via recruiter

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Education Management Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through the website and was contacted a few weeks later by the recruiter. I scheduled a face to face interview for the next day with admissions manager. It was a very easy and simple interview since I use to work for edmc as a pre - national admissions rep but got laid off June 2014. Anyway, the interview was just going over what I did in my last role. Very similar to what I did before just more in depth. The interview took about 30 min. I recieved a call from HR recruiter an hour later saying that they want to move on the second interview which is a role play interview with one of the managers. I did that the next day. It lasted about 20 minutes. A few hours later, the HR recruiter called me back and made me an offer!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went over and beyond expectations   Answer Question