Education Management Corporation

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.3

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Education Management Corporation.

EDMC has a group interview process, usually an evening and morning format, and are very friendly. When I interviewed, they were looking for people to fill 3 different time slots and we could pick the one we wanted, which is great as I'm not a morning person and I start at 9am. The person who interviewed us was our manager. They let you know what your starting pay will be $40k for one year, and if you stay 4 years in the same position you'll be earning 57k. They tend to ask only 3 or 4 questions before sending you to their manager to talk with you. They are looking for people who are curious, and ask great questions. They are also looking for people who are coachable and want to learn.

Interview Questions
    • none. Make sure you have questions to ask them, especially what they would like to see from you in the first 90 days.   Answer Question
    There isn't any negotiation, almost everyone starts at 40k, except for those with prior admissions experience with another school, where they make a little more.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

It took over 3 months for them to offer me a position. The interview questions were simple and interview team were very welcoming. Overall the interview was basic. Questions where about myself and with I could bring to their school.

Student Worker - Assistant Librarian and Student Ambassador Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Education Management Corporation.

The school reaches out to the students through career services and e-mail so it is on you to apply. Once they review all the applications, they e-mail you to set up interviews or tell you if you weren't chosen. You work out the interview date with the head of the department and go in. They generally always want to know if you have questions about the job, but it's a very relaxed atmosphere.

Business Analyst Interview

The interview process was good. It was a panel discussion and dialogue was free-flowing. The management, development and BA lead were represented in the discussion. The group was prepared with scripted questions. Not intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to create a use case from a sample scenario document   Answer Question
    No negotiation options available; via recruiter

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Education Management Corporation in September 2014.

I applied through the website and was contacted a few weeks later by the recruiter. I scheduled a face to face interview for the next day with admissions manager. It was a very easy and simple interview since I use to work for edmc as a pre - national admissions rep but got laid off June 2014. Anyway, the interview was just going over what I did in my last role. Very similar to what I did before just more in depth. The interview took about 30 min. I recieved a call from HR recruiter an hour later saying that they want to move on the second interview which is a role play interview with one of the managers. I did that the next day. It lasted about 20 minutes. A few hours later, the HR recruiter called me back and made me an offer!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you went over and beyond expectations   Answer Question

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Received a call from HR rep, had a brief phone discussion then was scheduled for interview. There wasnt very much detail given about the position aside from what the pay amount was... never discussed, benefits etc. Being that the job/company itself wasnt really sold to me in the interview it didnt get me excited to accept the offer because i guess i wasnt fully understanding what was to be expected aside from having a performance agreement to be met. Make sure you ask questions to have a understanding of whats to be expected and benefits.

Interview Questions
    • asked about 2 strengths and weaknesses, relaying difficult information, Discussed work history.   Answer Question

A friend of mine worked for this company last year, doing the same job but it was titled differently. She started at 40k under the old title, now that its renamed theyre only offering 34k to those coming in.

Student Tutor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview process was very straightforward. It really depends on who is in charge of the "Tutoring Center" over at the various Art Institutes. The management underwent many changes since I've started.

Basically, my merit was based first on the grades I received in my classes, and how far I've gone in the curriculum. I'd have to be at least a quarter of the way through with my programs.

Secondly, my expertise with particular programs such as Adobe Creative Suite. It depends on whether they have a need for a tutor of a specific major.

Interview Questions
    • What quarter are you in? What classes have you taken?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Standard interview process. Standard interview questions. When it comes to salary, there is no negotiating. You will either accept the job at the offered salary or reject it. They are constantly hiring for this position as there is tremendous turnover in the Admissions Department.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions in the interview that were either intimidating and or overly challenging. My best advice is to look and act professional.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating. If you are offered the job you will be presented the salary. It is a take it or leave it scenario only.

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Phone interview with the dept manager followed by in-person, multiple sessions in one day with 2 people per session (long!) Heard back within 2 days that an offer was coming. Received offer letter via e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when one of your coworkers acted unethically and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Financial Aid Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Education Management Corporation.

2 interviews. 1st for 10 minutes with the department chair. 2nd with president 5 minutes after the first one ended and only for 5 minutes. Questions were generic and didn't really pertain to the job itself, but more cultural issues and seemingly to decide if i would fit in with the rest of the team more than if I was qualified to do the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why us over IPFW, St. Francis or another school in town.   Answer Question
    Here's what we're willing to offer, take it or leave it.