Education Management Corporation Interview Questions

2.3

Assistant Director of Admission Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in January 2010.

I was interviewed on the phone and then invited in for an interview. They are looking for good people skills and great phone sales skills. It's important to be up beat and excited about education and working with people.

The pay is pretty much what they tell you it will be

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Received a call from HR rep, had a brief phone discussion then was scheduled for interview. There wasnt very much detail given about the position aside from what the pay amount was... never discussed, benefits etc. Being that the job/company itself wasnt really sold to me in the interview it didnt get me excited to accept the offer because i guess i wasnt fully understanding what was to be expected aside from having a performance agreement to be met. Make sure you ask questions to have a understanding of whats to be expected and benefits.

Interview Questions
    • asked about 2 strengths and weaknesses, relaying difficult information, Discussed work history.   Answer Question

A friend of mine worked for this company last year, doing the same job but it was titled differently. She started at 40k under the old title, now that its renamed theyre only offering 34k to those coming in.

Student Tutor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Interview process was very straightforward. It really depends on who is in charge of the "Tutoring Center" over at the various Art Institutes. The management underwent many changes since I've started.

Basically, my merit was based first on the grades I received in my classes, and how far I've gone in the curriculum. I'd have to be at least a quarter of the way through with my programs.

Secondly, my expertise with particular programs such as Adobe Creative Suite. It depends on whether they have a need for a tutor of a specific major.

Interview Questions
    • What quarter are you in? What classes have you taken?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

interviewed at Education Management Corporation in May 2011.

Met with Admissions Manager. Asked me questions from a sheet. Was hard to read and did not express any interest in actually performing the interview. The only part he seemed interested in was when I explained my rank at my previous job. The process didn't take long at all.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were very textbook. Toughest one was about solving an issue in the former job.   View Answer
    There was no negotiating, they only have one salary they offer without negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Standard interview process. Standard interview questions. When it comes to salary, there is no negotiating. You will either accept the job at the offered salary or reject it. They are constantly hiring for this position as there is tremendous turnover in the Admissions Department.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions in the interview that were either intimidating and or overly challenging. My best advice is to look and act professional.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating. If you are offered the job you will be presented the salary. It is a take it or leave it scenario only.

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Phone interview with the dept manager followed by in-person, multiple sessions in one day with 2 people per session (long!) Heard back within 2 days that an offer was coming. Received offer letter via e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when one of your coworkers acted unethically and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in June 2014.

Tell me about yourself. What are two things you can improve on? What would you do in a situation when a student no longer has interest in the school? What are you two best qualities?

Interview Questions
    Really no negotiation… they write you up an offer and thats pretty much it. They say your salary will go up after time.

Financial Aid Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Education Management Corporation.

2 interviews. 1st for 10 minutes with the department chair. 2nd with president 5 minutes after the first one ended and only for 5 minutes. Questions were generic and didn't really pertain to the job itself, but more cultural issues and seemingly to decide if i would fit in with the rest of the team more than if I was qualified to do the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why us over IPFW, St. Francis or another school in town.   Answer Question
    Here's what we're willing to offer, take it or leave it.

Career Services Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in June 2011.

Internal- very easy as I worked with the hiring manager in a different capacity. In the beginning I was interviewed by a director, and the questions were challenging but I was satisfied with the process.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Education Management Corporation in May 2012.

Easy process once you get in. There was a phone interview and then an in person interview. I was offered the job within the week. Training started two weeks later. I was in training for 3 weeks - but the training was really only about 1/10 of the job. Had to learn the rest on the fly.

Interview Questions

Worked for Education Management Corporation? Contribute to the Community!