Education Management Corporation

2.1

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Education Management Corporation.

Received a call from HR rep, had a brief phone discussion then was scheduled for interview. There wasnt very much detail given about the position aside from what the pay amount was... never discussed, benefits etc. Being that the job/company itself wasnt really sold to me in the interview it didnt get me excited to accept the offer because i guess i wasnt fully understanding what was to be expected aside from having a performance agreement to be met. Make sure you ask questions to have a understanding of whats to be expected and benefits.

Interview Questions
    • asked about 2 strengths and weaknesses, relaying difficult information, Discussed work history.   Answer Question

A friend of mine worked for this company last year, doing the same job but it was titled differently. She started at 40k under the old title, now that its renamed theyre only offering 34k to those coming in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Standard interview process. Standard interview questions. When it comes to salary, there is no negotiating. You will either accept the job at the offered salary or reject it. They are constantly hiring for this position as there is tremendous turnover in the Admissions Department.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions in the interview that were either intimidating and or overly challenging. My best advice is to look and act professional.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating. If you are offered the job you will be presented the salary. It is a take it or leave it scenario only.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Education Management Corporation in June 2014.

Tell me about yourself. What are two things you can improve on? What would you do in a situation when a student no longer has interest in the school? What are you two best qualities?

Interview Questions
    Really no negotiation… they write you up an offer and thats pretty much it. They say your salary will go up after time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Education Management Corporation in June 2012.

This was an intensive two day mass interviewing for Admissions Representative. EDMC was looking for people with at least a Bachelor's Degree, the ability to sell online eduction, as well as people with friendly personalities.

The first step was a computer survey with asked a number of scenario questions, personality questions and "how do you deal with ...." questions. This was followed by an initial, triage interview to determine who would be passed onto the hiring managers. Common background, skills and what would you do in this instance question were asked. If this interviewer felt you did well, you were then interviewed by a hiring manager. This interview was only 10-15 minutes long.

The hiring manger then asked questions about how you would handle yourself in certain situations, such as being part of a team, in a controversial situation, in their work environment, etc. Additionally, you were asked how your work experience, as shown on your resume, would help you in this job. The job was explained and you were asked whether you felt you could handle this job. This manager was looking for someone comfortable talking with people who were pursuing master and doctorate degrees. This interview took about an hour.

The hiring manager was not conversant on benefits, vacations, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How did I handle a controversial situation or person in any of my previous jobs?   View Answer

a brief interview with 2 different people

Interview Questions
    • can you hold a conversation ( not lying, this is what the requirements are ). The gentlemen interviewing me followed up by saying .... we can train you how to use psychology to get the results you want from people.   View Answer
    No negotiation was offered. I took the job because I was desperate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Education Management Corporation in May 2012.

When I was told that I was to be interviewed a second time by the Director of Admissions, I was not told that I would be interviewing as an admissions representative of South University, Therefore, I was not properly prepared in knowing more specifically about South University. I wasn't made aware that I would be working for an online division of an existing brick and mortar university.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation stage. I was told what I would make as a trainee and told about the $5,000.00 increase when out of the training pod.

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Education Management Corporation in May 2012.

I submitted my resume online for position on March 31st. I was contacted on April 19th to come in for an interview on May 4th. I showed up and had to fill out a pretty standard 6 page application before interview (e.g. work history, salary requirements, references, etc.). I met with hiring manager and current employee whom I would've been working alongside. The first interview lasted about an hour, involving only minor discussion about previous work history. The interview really stressed situational behaviors and how I reacted to different situations in previous experiences. I was told that 2nd interviews would be held the following week.

I was contacted 5 hours after initial interview to schedule 2nd interview for May 9th. On second interview, I met with hiring manager, another potential co-worker and head of admissions for school. Interview consisted of more explanation of what the position entailed, more situational/behavioral questions, and then any questions I had for them. Upon completion, I was told I would be contacted the beginning of the following week with their decision.

I was contacted on May 15th by initial HR specialist who had me complete background check information and behavioral questionnaire. Later that day, she called back to offer me the position, pending background check results, and e-mailed me formal offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled a situation where you had a problem with a fellow co-worker?   View Answer
    • How do handle stress and high-pressure situations in your professional life?   Answer Question
    No negotiating. They ask you your salary requirements on the application you fill out before the interview. The offer they made was right on my requirements so nothing had to be done.

Greenhouse Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Education Management Corporation in March 2012.

I found the position through my schools job board and applied online. A couple of months after applying I got a call and did an initial phone interview. Later that day I got a call back saying they were interested in interviewing me in person and giving me a breakdown of the work week. They said that they provide no housing pay and that the typical work week was M-F 8am-5pm at their office in downtown Pittsburgh. The company then scheduled me for an interview and sent me a background check, personality test, and some permission forms to fill out.

When it came time I had my interview in the K and L Gates Building in downtown Pittsburgh. The office was very nice and the company seemed very professional, formal and also very concerned with security.

My interview lasted about two hours and was conducted by two individuals at separate times. The interviewers were very pleasant and asked a lot of challenging questions. One in particular that sticks out in my mind was, "how would your best friend describe you?".

In the end I didn't get the job but was told that I made a good impression on management and that I should apply for full-time positions in the future.

Interview Questions
    • What would your best friend say is the most annoying thing about you?   Answer Question

Recovery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greentree, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greentree, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Education Management Corporation in February 2012.

I had an interview with a staffing agency on a monday in February 2012, they called me to have and interview with edmc Wednesday that same week. I then recieved a call that thursday that they wanted me to start working money the following week. Very smooth process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was more pay than my current job at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Education Management Corporation in May 2011.

Pretty basic interview, asking about former experience and qualifications. Seems to be about getting an idea of how you are in conversation as much as what exactly you're saying. Took a good while to get back to me after the interview for a job offer, but overall not a bad experience.