Education Pioneers

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Education Pioneers in May 2014.

Interview Details – The process is made up of 4 parts: Submit Resume, Quantitative Exercise, Behavioral Interview, and Group Interview. It allows you to slowly to decide whether you would like to take the job. It also gives you a great perspective about the company. I enjoyed meeting a lot of the people involved in the program, but ultimately decided not to take the job

Interview Question – Dissect data and come up with presentation and present it in 90 min   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't get the city that I wanted

Very Difficult Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Education Pioneers in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was pretty intense - a preliminary application, then you were invited to a online test of sorts involving data analysis & manipulation in Excel, then if you passed that, you were invited for a phone interview. The finalists were then interviewed in competitive group half-day interviews, where about 20 candidates met at the same time to complete two steps. The first was an individual data analysis and presentation, and the second was working in a small group to put together a group presentation while you were being observed. It was intimidating beforehand, but during the group interview itself I actually enjoyed the challenge.

Interview Question – I think the hardest part for me was the online analysis in Excel, because it was timed and devoid of context. For the group interview, the task was placed in a case study context and it was clearer what the objective was, so I actually found that easier. I also just liked actually interacting with people in person not just following automated directions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was actually given a conditional offer, which I gladly accepted. When I got the offer, I was told it was very likely they would be able to find me a placement. Then the woman responsible for my placement (whom I had never met throughout the interview process) apparently didn't think me qualified or something, because she made very little effort to place me - she got me only one interview with a prospective sponsor organization, one that she admitted was highly unlikely to take any fellows. She strung the whole process out over almost the whole summer - even when the program was supposed to start in August. Her attitude and treatment of me really colored my opinion of the whole organization, which up to that point I had been favorable impressed with.

Oakland, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview Details – Initial application is an online form - standard resume, cover letter, why do you want to work for us, etc. If they like what you see, they send you a quantitative Excel exercise to complete in one hour. If they like that, you get invited to a group interview. The group interview is the nerve-wracking part. It's a multi hour process the includes individual work, group work, and one on one "scenarios" with others. I actually enjoyed it. Great experience, and they go out their way to try and make it not stressful (as much as it can be). Met some interesting people with surprisingly diverse backgrounds. After the group interview there's a happy hour sort of meet and mingle. Nice, but I do wish there had been more alumni there to talk to about their experience. This concludes the group portion. If you pass the group portion, there is a final phone interview. If you pass that, you're in. Overall I had a very positive experience, considering I didn't get the job. They make an effort to make it positive and answer any questions you have. My only complaint was that my geographic preference was cut, and they never really told me that I should re-select geographic preferences.

Interview Question – Questions widely vary, lots of quantitative ones, and lots looking to see your passion for education and your team player abilities. Nothing too crazy.   Answer Question

Analyst Fellow

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview Details – The interview process is, as described by others, fairly involved but straightforward. Excel exercise, phone interview, group interview.

The rest is a convoluted, ineffective mess. Your "conditional offer" is confined to a geographic region whether you care about location or not. This severely limits your chances of a successful match, and I can't fathom why they would handicap themselves this way. Next, you will wait for weeks, occasionally receiving friendly phone calls with no real information whatsoever. You can find interesting positions posted by partner organizations on LinkedIn or wherever, but EP will be unable to help you get those positions in any way.

I can see why my friend in finance snarked that EP smells like a refuge for former analysts that failed to make associate or partner.

Interview Question – How would you like to use this opportunity to shape your career?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Education Pioneers

Worked for Education Pioneers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Education Pioneers Analyst Fellow interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Education Pioneers employees and interview candidates.