Education Pioneers

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Education Pioneers in May 2012.

After the initial online application and essay, I was invited to complete an excel exercise to measure data analysis skills. A week later, I completed a phone interview. The interview was straight and to the point; all behavioral questions looking for details on past projects, working with groups, and dealing with ambiguity. After the phone interview, a final group interview was scheduled in San Francisco. The interview consisted of 4 parts: Individual Excel Exercise , Individual Presentation , Group Presentation , Reflection. Education Pioneers staff observed during each phase, taking notes on our work and interactions. The interview last 4 hours and a reception with Alumni followed.

Overall, the interview process was thorough - in that, the excel exercises and presentations definitely tested the skills that would be necessary for the job. I was impressed with the caliber of candidates at the group interview - all from top notch institutions and companies.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Education Pioneers

Analyst Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Education Pioneers in March 2012.

The initial application for the Analyst Fellowship consists of an essay and a few questions, then two weeks later came an invite to take a 90-minute excel exercise, then another week later came an invite to participate in a n hour long phone interview, after the phone interview was the final round which was a Group Interview at an office in the San Francisco Bay Area. The groupinterview lasted four hours which consisted of a 90 minute Individual no talking excel exercise which led to a ten minute presentation then a regrouping with your fellow candidates to provide a group presentation based on your own findings from the excel exercise. Overall it was decent experience, but I was disappointed in the excel focus of the onsite interview.

The purpose of Education Pioneers is meaningful and good in mind, but there is a main flaw with the group that I was concerned with that kept me away... The administration and actual internal operations seems like it is really off track and in it for the wrong reasons; i was perplexed when a fellow candidate I met also received an offer, but had not delivered on the excel exercise or presentation, but who had went to an ivy league school. Seeing that happen, made me wonder what is actually needed and what kind of program it actually is.

Good luck but be careful with these guys!

Interview Questions