Education Pioneers

www.educationpioneers.org
  www.educationpioneers.org

Education Pioneers Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Education Pioneers.

The first round was just the online application. After passing that round, you are asked to complete a timed critical thinking exercise on line. My questions were surrounding how to help charter school leadership gain community engagement. Several facts about the school were given and you had to create a plan of action for going about getting the community involved in success of the students. After that round I had a group interview (some people do the in depth interview first). The group interview was about 2 hours long. We had decide on an organization to turn around a failing school and create a presentation to address how we came up with our recommendation given the information. Lastly, there was an in depth interview with an Ed Pioneers consultant.

Interview Questions
  • In depth interview question: Speak about a professional situation in which you implemented structure where there was previously lots of ambiguity.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Education Pioneers

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers.

4 rounds, two on line, a phone interview then a group interview

Interview Questions
    • They ask you for feedback on your performance and your groups performance the day of the group interview.   View Answer

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Education Pioneers.

First, there is the online application, and followed by a timed critical thinking exercise, in which you are supposed to address a school issue. Then I was invited to a one-on-one skype interview, and the last stage of the process is a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was not prepared for this question (I am paraphrasing): if given the chance,what education policy will you propose?   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

The process included numerous steps, but fairly straightforward. The first step was an initial application which included my resume. I was then invited to complete the critical thinking exercise, which included answering two case study type questions. The exercise is timed, and given parameters about a school district, I was asked to make recommendations and describe how I would go about solving the problem. I was also asked how Education Pioneers would help to further my career. Upon completing that task, I was then invited to an in-depth interview, which took place over the phone. I was asked typical interview questions, as well as what I would bring to the fellowship. Lastly, upon successfully passing this step I was invited to the group interview day in which candidates were put in groups and asked to choose which CMO to recommend to a school district.

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Detailed process. Starting with timed online assessment and project. It's a project management type problem -- so think about how you map out and organize a team to solve a problem (timeline, decision-making criteria etc.) You also have to answer some essay questions relating to your interest. Next round is phone interview. Behavioral questions. Passion for education. Etc. Group interview day they give you a case scenario and observe you working through it in a group setting. The next day you have to submit a written reflection on the process. Overall very pleasant process. Very nice staff.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you exceeded expectations. I was ready for the failure questions, but not as ready to toot my own horn this way. They appreciate very specific examples on questions.   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Education Pioneers.

First there's an initial application. Then, there's a timed emailed critical thinking exercise that also includes questions about why you want the position. Then, there's an in-person interview, a group interview, and a written reflection.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest professional shortcoming (or something like that)?   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application process is long- first step is filling out the application, second step is an online timed case study, third step is individual interview, fourth step is group interview/activity. I only made it to the individual interview. Interviewer was friendly and relaxed, but apparently they just record your answers and put them into a computer. So the next step must be divided by some sort of algorithm. Interviewer told me that they look for people with diverse backgrounds but I'm not sure that's the case, as I have no education policy experience and was not advanced.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all pretty canned- toughest one was probably "Describe a time when you dealt with ambiguity?"   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Education Pioneers in February 2014.

After completing the initial application and a critical thinking exercise, participated in a phone interview. Next step will be group interview. Questions were as expected - describe a time you implemented change, when was a time you went above and beyond what was expected, how did you handle a time when you conflicted with a fellow group member, etc

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when expectations changed, how you handled it and what were the outcomes   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers in January 2014.

There was an online application, then an exercise, then a phone interview. I did not advance from the phone interview to the final interview. The questions were rather vague and did not ask about specifics. They wanted to know about my investment in working in education. I wondered if maybe it is possible to be TOO qualified for this job - I was a TFA alumni and had extensive experience working in education. They might want someone who is coming in from the outside, so to speak.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty working with another person   View Answer

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers.

The process is long but pretty straightforward. Once you submit your resume, they advance you to the next round which is a case exercise. If you pass that round, you get a one-on-one interview (mine was over the phone). Once you pass that round, you do a group interview. This part was kinda weird. You are grouped with 6 or 7 other potential fellows and given a case to analyze. You need to be thoughtful and contribute in a meaningful way without being pushy. Collaborative and competitive. I personally thought the group interview was really uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • As I said above, the group interview was really odd. I get why they do it, it was just the first time I had ever done something like that. They walk around while you are in the group and take notes on your comments. You never actually interact with an Ed Pioneer person one-to-one.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.