Education Pioneers Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Education Pioneers (Newark, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting the initial application, then getting invited to fill out a timed (75 minutes) response to a business case (how would you lower teacher turnover), I was invited to schedule a phone interview with one of the EP alumni. The phone interviewer seemed a little wooden in reading the questions and there were a few awkward moments of silence after I answered some questions as if I was expected to say more - the problem with phone interviews is you don't have the visible cues that help in the communication process. I did get to ask questions at the end but didn't feel I really connected and some of her answers sounded very boilerplate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Education Pioneers

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers in April 2015.

Interview

First round interview, with a EP alumnus, for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. I was contacted via email by EP after submiting the application to proceed to the interview. I was given time slots to pick the actual interview time. There were plenty to choose from, morning through evening. The interviewer was nice and friendly. The interviewer sounded like reading off of a list of questions.

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview

I am just in the 2nd stage but for the critical thinking activity I was asked how I would reduce teacher turnover in a school given a list of data and numbers. I was also asked why I want to work in the education sector. This was easy given my background as a teacher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The initial application was a submission of resume and short answer action plan in response to a public school scenario. The phone interview was pretty low key and short, normal interview questions about why you are interested and career goals. Group day interview involved splitting into 5-6 person groups and working as a consulting team to help select a charter school company to take over a school, followed by a group presentation on the selection process and criteria. I was selected as a summer fellow, although after 2 months they said they didn't receive enough projects from partners and couldn't place me. This was frustrating because they also told us not to pursue other job opportunities once we were selected, though at the same time they said they couldn't guarantee placement. I spoke to multiple people who this happened to, so they need to work on their selection process.

Interview Questions

• The one critical question was near the end of the phone interview when they asked what questions you would ask if you're working on a project with a superintendent looking to implement a turn-around school.   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview

The first round was just the online application. After passing that round, you are asked to complete a timed critical thinking exercise on line. My questions were surrounding how to help charter school leadership gain community engagement. Several facts about the school were given and you had to create a plan of action for going about getting the community involved in success of the students. After that round I had a group interview (some people do the in depth interview first). The group interview was about 2 hours long. We had decide on an organization to turn around a failing school and create a presentation to address how we came up with our recommendation given the information. Lastly, there was an in depth interview with an Ed Pioneers consultant.

Interview Questions

• In depth interview question: Speak about a professional situation in which you implemented structure where there was previously lots of ambiguity.   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview

4 rounds, two on line, a phone interview then a group interview

Interview Questions

• They ask you for feedback on your performance and your groups performance the day of the group interview.   1 Answer

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview

First, there is the online application, and followed by a timed critical thinking exercise, in which you are supposed to address a school issue. Then I was invited to a one-on-one skype interview, and the last stage of the process is a group interview.

Interview Questions

• I was not prepared for this question (I am paraphrasing): if given the chance,what education policy will you propose?   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Interview

The process included numerous steps, but fairly straightforward. The first step was an initial application which included my resume. I was then invited to complete the critical thinking exercise, which included answering two case study type questions. The exercise is timed, and given parameters about a school district, I was asked to make recommendations and describe how I would go about solving the problem. I was also asked how Education Pioneers would help to further my career. Upon completing that task, I was then invited to an in-depth interview, which took place over the phone. I was asked typical interview questions, as well as what I would bring to the fellowship. Lastly, upon successfully passing this step I was invited to the group interview day in which candidates were put in groups and asked to choose which CMO to recommend to a school district.

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Interview

Detailed process. Starting with timed online assessment and project. It's a project management type problem -- so think about how you map out and organize a team to solve a problem (timeline, decision-making criteria etc.) You also have to answer some essay questions relating to your interest. Next round is phone interview. Behavioral questions. Passion for education. Etc. Group interview day they give you a case scenario and observe you working through it in a group setting. The next day you have to submit a written reflection on the process. Overall very pleasant process. Very nice staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exceeded expectations. I was ready for the failure questions, but not as ready to toot my own horn this way. They appreciate very specific examples on questions.   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview

First there's an initial application. Then, there's a timed emailed critical thinking exercise that also includes questions about why you want the position. Then, there's an in-person interview, a group interview, and a written reflection.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest professional shortcoming (or something like that)?   Answer Question