Education Pioneers

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

3.3

Program Interview

I followed up several times before I got a response, emailing the office that I was applying for went a long way. The HR is national but if they hear from the local office, it helps. The process was standard, it started with an initial screening call with HR, call with prospective manager. Questions about working style, project and event management.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask questions about the values, define and prioritize   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Education Pioneers.

I am just in the 2nd stage but for the critical thinking activity I was asked how I would reduce teacher turnover in a school given a list of data and numbers. I was also asked why I want to work in the education sector. This was easy given my background as a teacher.

Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers.

I initially submitted my resume online. Within couple of hours, got a computer generated email that I am being invited to take the online exam. I was given a week to take the exam but maybe able to delay if you are too busy take the 1.5 hour exam. You just need to email them. After the exam, once you pass it, they will send you another email that you have pass the exam and gave you a timeline when to expect you will be contacted again for an interview. Approximately 4-6 weeks, I got an email to interview. Interview is standard. 45 mins long. They will email you again if you pass and if you will move to the group interview. Still waiting. I applied very early sometime in September and was advise to wait until January for the next step

Interview Questions
    • What can you contribute to our partners? It only sounds difficult since I don't have enough information about their partners.   Answer Question
    • What you can contribute to our partners? It's sounds hard only because I don't have enough background about their partners   Answer Question

Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Education Pioneers in January 2014.

Applied online first and then got the critical thinking test online. If you pass these two steps, you will have a chance to do an in-depth phone interview. Finally a group interview to analyze a real case. Wait for the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How did you implement a plan in your professional life when the circumstance is not clear?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers in February 2013.

Three parts to the interview process. The first is a written activity that you submit online. Make sure to turn it in before your time runs out - I've heard horror stories about folks not submitting in time. Next, is the phone call - it's pretty standard. You will be asked questions about times that you've come through on a deliverable and times that you've messed up and/or faced challenges in the workplace. Finally, the in-person interview is a day-long affair, and incorporates a team task and presentation. This will be right up your alley if you've done group projects in grad school.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was that unexpected. I would say the most important part in the in-person interview process is to show that you can collaborate with others, and that you are solution-oriented. If you were trained in policy, show your skills by analyzing all sides of the problem. I would say make sure to remember that your team is not your competition, and that you look better (and have more fun) if you listen to one another and support each other. Not EVERYONE needs to lead -- let the natural leader take control but make sure you contribute.   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Analyst Fellowship Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers in April 2014.

Interview process was long. Involved a phone interview, an excel task, and then a group interview day which is set for the region and it is then your responsibility to reach. Once you are offered a spot in the cohort, the organization is very responsive and you are contacted multiple times. Once you accept a spot however, they are very slow to respond to emails, and ask for very limited information in try to match you with partner organizations. Overall, the positions you are matched with are often not good fits with your skill set. Only after two less than ideal matches did anyone contact me to ask what my skills and experiences actually entailed.

Interview Questions
    • The group interview is tricky in that it involves both you doing analysis independently and then melding your opinions with others.   Answer Question
    Even though I was accepted into the program, EP was unable to match me. Overall the whole experience took forever and they were very unhelpful once I was accepted.

Analyst Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers in May 2014.

The process is made up of 4 parts: Submit Resume, Quantitative Exercise, Behavioral Interview, and Group Interview. It allows you to slowly to decide whether you would like to take the job. It also gives you a great perspective about the company. I enjoyed meeting a lot of the people involved in the program, but ultimately decided not to take the job

Interview Questions
    • Dissect data and come up with presentation and present it in 90 min   Answer Question

Didn't get the city that I wanted

Graduate Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers in March 2014.

There were 4 steps to the application/interview process. First I filled out an online application. This application was review and I was advanced to the next step which was a skills/critical thinking exercise. Following the exercise, I had a telephone interview with an Ed Pioneers staff member. After the telephone interview, I participated in a group interview day.

The group interview wasn't really and interview at all. During the group interview, the interviewees were assigned a group of 5 members. All the groups were given a hypothetical situation which included a strategic problem. We were also given informational material ahead of time that would inform our decision making process. Using the reference materials provided, we had to come to a consensus around a solution to the strategic problem. After deciding on a solution we had to present our plan as a group in front of another team.

Interview Questions
    • For me, the most difficult aspect of the process was coming to a consensus around a solution to our problem during the group interview. Our team members had varying perspectives and it took a lot of discussion to come to a shared solution. This left us with very little time to prepare a presentation. There was a miscommunication during our prep time, but it ended up not being disastrous.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, compensation is agreed to ahead of time.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Education Pioneers in April 2014.

I applied online and then received the invitation to the Excel test, which I completely bombed and was not offered any follow-up interview after that...

While I'm sure many people applying for this position will not find the test difficult, I'll give you my background to help you understand the knowledge I brought and hopefully give you a clue as to whether you may find it difficult or not!

I was an English/Psych undergrad, so I took a social stats course and research methods. I also did undergrad research in social psych and used SPSS to analyze. That was three years ago when I applied, and none of my work experience to date utilized data analysis. In preparation, I did get most of the way through an online Excel course (filtered.com) which gave me a passing familiarity with many of the topics on the test. However, I knew the minute I opened the test that it was a doomed cause.

I did attend a reception for this position and was impressed with the people I met there (alums, other prospectives). I will add that they clearly state they are looking for diversity and did feel that being white would be a hindrance in this application. HOWEVER, this had nothing at all with why I didn't get it, I am sure, because my Excel skills were that bad!

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Education Pioneers.

The first round was just the online application. After passing that round, you are asked to complete a timed critical thinking exercise on line. My questions were surrounding how to help charter school leadership gain community engagement. Several facts about the school were given and you had to create a plan of action for going about getting the community involved in success of the students. After that round I had a group interview (some people do the in depth interview first). The group interview was about 2 hours long. We had decide on an organization to turn around a failing school and create a presentation to address how we came up with our recommendation given the information. Lastly, there was an in depth interview with an Ed Pioneers consultant.

Interview Questions
    • In depth interview question: Speak about a professional situation in which you implemented structure where there was previously lots of ambiguity.   Answer Question