Education Pioneers

Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.3

Graduate Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers in March 2014.

There were 4 steps to the application/interview process. First I filled out an online application. This application was review and I was advanced to the next step which was a skills/critical thinking exercise. Following the exercise, I had a telephone interview with an Ed Pioneers staff member. After the telephone interview, I participated in a group interview day.

The group interview wasn't really and interview at all. During the group interview, the interviewees were assigned a group of 5 members. All the groups were given a hypothetical situation which included a strategic problem. We were also given informational material ahead of time that would inform our decision making process. Using the reference materials provided, we had to come to a consensus around a solution to the strategic problem. After deciding on a solution we had to present our plan as a group in front of another team.

Interview Questions
    • For me, the most difficult aspect of the process was coming to a consensus around a solution to our problem during the group interview. Our team members had varying perspectives and it took a lot of discussion to come to a shared solution. This left us with very little time to prepare a presentation. There was a miscommunication during our prep time, but it ended up not being disastrous.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, compensation is agreed to ahead of time.

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Detailed process. Starting with timed online assessment and project. It's a project management type problem -- so think about how you map out and organize a team to solve a problem (timeline, decision-making criteria etc.) You also have to answer some essay questions relating to your interest. Next round is phone interview. Behavioral questions. Passion for education. Etc. Group interview day they give you a case scenario and observe you working through it in a group setting. The next day you have to submit a written reflection on the process. Overall very pleasant process. Very nice staff.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you exceeded expectations. I was ready for the failure questions, but not as ready to toot my own horn this way. They appreciate very specific examples on questions.   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Education Pioneers.

First there's an initial application. Then, there's a timed emailed critical thinking exercise that also includes questions about why you want the position. Then, there's an in-person interview, a group interview, and a written reflection.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest professional shortcoming (or something like that)?   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Education Pioneers in February 2014.

After completing the initial application and a critical thinking exercise, participated in a phone interview. Next step will be group interview. Questions were as expected - describe a time you implemented change, when was a time you went above and beyond what was expected, how did you handle a time when you conflicted with a fellow group member, etc

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when expectations changed, how you handled it and what were the outcomes   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Application process is long- first step is filling out the application, second step is an online timed case study, third step is individual interview, fourth step is group interview/activity. I only made it to the individual interview. Interviewer was friendly and relaxed, but apparently they just record your answers and put them into a computer. So the next step must be divided by some sort of algorithm. Interviewer told me that they look for people with diverse backgrounds but I'm not sure that's the case, as I have no education policy experience and was not advanced.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all pretty canned- toughest one was probably "Describe a time when you dealt with ambiguity?"   Answer Question

Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Education Pioneers in February 2014.

Pretty clear process - apply online, if they are interested they will follow up with a request for you to do an online critical thinking case study exercise. Then, a 30-60 min phone interview, then you may be selected for an in person group interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was a solution or change your proposed, how was it received by your peers and what kind of impact did the change have (and how did you measure it)   Answer Question

Education Pioneers Graduate Fellow Intern Interview

1.) Application, 2.) 90 minute online assessment (3 questions -- the first was an in depth case study about helping a school increase parent involvement, the second was what motivates me to work in education, and the third was why education pioneers), 3.) in depth phone/in person interview (which you get is random, so if you get a phone interview, it doesn't mean you are any less qualified). 4.) Group interview in person.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the question in step two about the case, mostly because it was timed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers in January 2014.

There was an online application, then an exercise, then a phone interview. I did not advance from the phone interview to the final interview. The questions were rather vague and did not ask about specifics. They wanted to know about my investment in working in education. I wondered if maybe it is possible to be TOO qualified for this job - I was a TFA alumni and had extensive experience working in education. They might want someone who is coming in from the outside, so to speak.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty working with another person   View Answer

Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Education Pioneers in January 2014.

Applied online first and then got the critical thinking test online. If you pass these two steps, you will have a chance to do an in-depth phone interview. Finally a group interview to analyze a real case. Wait for the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How did you implement a plan in your professional life when the circumstance is not clear?   Answer Question

National Programs Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Education Pioneers.

Was given to do some analysis and then personality questions

Interview Questions
    • Sample analysis of excel and graphing - not really that hard   View Answer