Education Pioneers

Average Difficulty
41 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview Details – 4 rounds, two on line, a phone interview then a group interview

Interview Question – They ask you for feedback on your performance and your groups performance the day of the group interview.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Education Pioneers in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process had two steps: phone interview and in person, one-on-one interview. The second was really a formality and it was clear that they had decided beforehand.

Interview Question – All of the questions were behavioral and standard for an interview - nothing that could catch you off guard. Make sure to read over the job description thoroughly though, because they did ask what I am most excited to learn about, based on the job post.   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview Details – First, there is the online application, and followed by a timed critical thinking exercise, in which you are supposed to address a school issue. Then I was invited to a one-on-one skype interview, and the last stage of the process is a group interview.

Interview Question – I was not prepared for this question (I am paraphrasing): if given the chance,what education policy will you propose?   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship (Yearlong Placement) Interview

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship (Yearlong Placement)
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview Details – I heard about EP from their campus info session and applied online. The requirement for 2-year full time work experience is tricky, but if you are a PhD student, your college teaching experience will count.
After the online application, they'll send you an email containing a short case study. If you have are serious about cases, I'd suggest you read some practice cases from management consulting companies (McKinsey, BCG, etc). Getting through those cases will help you much in solving the case EP had you to figure out.
The next stage is the behavioral interview. For me this was conducted over the phone by an EP alumni. Very standard behavioral questions. I got the feeling they are really looking for your ability to solve a challenge, to work in a team with conflicts/different backgrounds, and to impact others who are more senior to you. I'd recommend have 5-6 stories at hand and describe in detail about the key actions you took in a situation and what impact did you achieve.
The final stage is the Group interview day, where you will solve a case with another 4-5 people. During this part, an interviewer will watch the group discussing the issue and coming up with the solution. You will also need to present the case to everyone afterwards. Everything is timed so make sure people in your group pay attention to the clock! I'm not entirely sure how this is judged, as I wasn't feeling very comfortable with this format yet still got an offer. The group case format is really odd, because people have different ideas approaching a problem, and you are forced to a consensus in a relatively short amount of time. Make sure you contribute, but don't over-talk.
You will be asked to submit a reflection on the group interview within 72 hours, they'll also contact references. Was offered a position over the phone.

Interview Question – The group case interview is an odd format.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – For an international student, a year long placement can be a backup plan but not a first choice employment option. Another permanent position with better salary and benefit package is a definite win.

Interviewed at Education Pioneers

Interview Details – The process included numerous steps, but fairly straightforward. The first step was an initial application which included my resume. I was then invited to complete the critical thinking exercise, which included answering two case study type questions. The exercise is timed, and given parameters about a school district, I was asked to make recommendations and describe how I would go about solving the problem. I was also asked how Education Pioneers would help to further my career. Upon completing that task, I was then invited to an in-depth interview, which took place over the phone. I was asked typical interview questions, as well as what I would bring to the fellowship. Lastly, upon successfully passing this step I was invited to the group interview day in which candidates were put in groups and asked to choose which CMO to recommend to a school district.

Interview Question – Describe how you handle uncertainty   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship

I applied online - interviewed at Education Pioneers in February 2014.

Interview Details – After completing the initial application and a critical thinking exercise, participated in a phone interview. Next step will be group interview. Questions were as expected - describe a time you implemented change, when was a time you went above and beyond what was expected, how did you handle a time when you conflicted with a fellow group member, etc

Interview Question – Describe a time when expectations changed, how you handled it and what were the outcomes   Answer Question

Interviewed at Education Pioneers

Interview Details – Detailed process. Starting with timed online assessment and project. It's a project management type problem -- so think about how you map out and organize a team to solve a problem (timeline, decision-making criteria etc.) You also have to answer some essay questions relating to your interest. Next round is phone interview. Behavioral questions. Passion for education. Etc. Group interview day they give you a case scenario and observe you working through it in a group setting. The next day you have to submit a written reflection on the process. Overall very pleasant process. Very nice staff.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you exceeded expectations. I was ready for the failure questions, but not as ready to toot my own horn this way. They appreciate very specific examples on questions.   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship

I applied online and interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview Details – First there's an initial application. Then, there's a timed emailed critical thinking exercise that also includes questions about why you want the position. Then, there's an in-person interview, a group interview, and a written reflection.

Interview Question – What is your biggest professional shortcoming (or something like that)?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Education Pioneers

Interview Details – Application process is long- first step is filling out the application, second step is an online timed case study, third step is individual interview, fourth step is group interview/activity. I only made it to the individual interview. Interviewer was friendly and relaxed, but apparently they just record your answers and put them into a computer. So the next step must be divided by some sort of algorithm. Interviewer told me that they look for people with diverse backgrounds but I'm not sure that's the case, as I have no education policy experience and was not advanced.

Interview Question – Questions were all pretty canned- toughest one was probably "Describe a time when you dealt with ambiguity?"   Answer Question

Education Pioneers Graduate Fellow Intern Interview

Education Pioneers Graduate Fellow Intern

Interviewed at Education Pioneers

Interview Details – 1.) Application, 2.) 90 minute online assessment (3 questions -- the first was an in depth case study about helping a school increase parent involvement, the second was what motivates me to work in education, and the third was why education pioneers), 3.) in depth phone/in person interview (which you get is random, so if you get a phone interview, it doesn't mean you are any less qualified). 4.) Group interview in person.

Interview Question – Probably the question in step two about the case, mostly because it was timed.   Answer Question