Education Pioneers

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

3.3

Education Pioneers Graduate Fellow Intern Interview

1.) Application, 2.) 90 minute online assessment (3 questions -- the first was an in depth case study about helping a school increase parent involvement, the second was what motivates me to work in education, and the third was why education pioneers), 3.) in depth phone/in person interview (which you get is random, so if you get a phone interview, it doesn't mean you are any less qualified). 4.) Group interview in person.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the question in step two about the case, mostly because it was timed.   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers in January 2014.

There was an online application, then an exercise, then a phone interview. I did not advance from the phone interview to the final interview. The questions were rather vague and did not ask about specifics. They wanted to know about my investment in working in education. I wondered if maybe it is possible to be TOO qualified for this job - I was a TFA alumni and had extensive experience working in education. They might want someone who is coming in from the outside, so to speak.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty working with another person   View Answer

Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Education Pioneers in January 2014.

Applied online first and then got the critical thinking test online. If you pass these two steps, you will have a chance to do an in-depth phone interview. Finally a group interview to analyze a real case. Wait for the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How did you implement a plan in your professional life when the circumstance is not clear?   Answer Question

National Programs Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Education Pioneers.

Was given to do some analysis and then personality questions

Interview Questions
    • Sample analysis of excel and graphing - not really that hard   View Answer

Summer Internship Interview

There is an online case study, followed by a phone interview, then a group case study.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, but the online case study has a short time window in which to complete it.   Answer Question

Analyst Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Initial application is an online form - standard resume, cover letter, why do you want to work for us, etc. If they like what you see, they send you a quantitative Excel exercise to complete in one hour. If they like that, you get invited to a group interview. The group interview is the nerve-wracking part. It's a multi hour process the includes individual work, group work, and one on one "scenarios" with others. I actually enjoyed it. Great experience, and they go out their way to try and make it not stressful (as much as it can be). Met some interesting people with surprisingly diverse backgrounds. After the group interview there's a happy hour sort of meet and mingle. Nice, but I do wish there had been more alumni there to talk to about their experience. This concludes the group portion. If you pass the group portion, there is a final phone interview. If you pass that, you're in. Overall I had a very positive experience, considering I didn't get the job. They make an effort to make it positive and answer any questions you have. My only complaint was that my geographic preference was cut, and they never really told me that I should re-select geographic preferences.

Interview Questions
    • Questions widely vary, lots of quantitative ones, and lots looking to see your passion for education and your team player abilities. Nothing too crazy.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Education Pioneers in August 2013.

The interview process had two steps: phone interview and in person, one-on-one interview. The second was really a formality and it was clear that they had decided beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were behavioral and standard for an interview - nothing that could catch you off guard. Make sure to read over the job description thoroughly though, because they did ask what I am most excited to learn about, based on the job post.   Answer Question

Education Pioneer Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers.

The process is long but pretty straightforward. Once you submit your resume, they advance you to the next round which is a case exercise. If you pass that round, you get a one-on-one interview (mine was over the phone). Once you pass that round, you do a group interview. This part was kinda weird. You are grouped with 6 or 7 other potential fellows and given a case to analyze. You need to be thoughtful and contribute in a meaningful way without being pushy. Collaborative and competitive. I personally thought the group interview was really uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • As I said above, the group interview was really odd. I get why they do it, it was just the first time I had ever done something like that. They walk around while you are in the group and take notes on your comments. You never actually interact with an Ed Pioneer person one-to-one.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Education Pioneers.

The interview process was pretty simple: application, case study analysis, phone interview, in person interview/case study and a reception. The entire process was pretty unorganized however. They constantly passed their self imposed deadlines for contacting me regarding my application status. The cocktail reception was emphasized as an incredibly important aspect but was pretty unprofessional (three ed-pioneer reps for 100+ applicants clamoring to get attention).

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions about ambiguity and specific leadership examples   Answer Question

Graduate School Fellowship Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers.

I completed several phases of the interview process. After reviewing my application, EP emailed saying that they would like to move forward in the process by sending an exercise for me to complete. Although I don't remember the details, the exercise consisted of a scenario of an imaginary education nonprofit organization; your job is to discuss how you would approach the scenario. I was told that I 'passed' that portion and was asked to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of the questions that have been listed here in these reviews (Thanks - they helped me prepare!) I was told that I 'passed' this interview and was invited to a 'Group Interview Day'. I really did not know what to expect, but the Group interview was basically like a timed school group project, with a staff person in the background watching what's going on. You are given a scenario during the introduction phase of the group interview day, which you brainstorm alone, quietly, for about 15 minutes before being divided into pre-organized groups.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that you had a conflict with a coworker. What was it and how did you resolve it.   View Answer