Education Pioneers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

3.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview

First there's an initial application. Then, there's a timed emailed critical thinking exercise that also includes questions about why you want the position. Then, there's an in-person interview, a group interview, and a written reflection.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest professional shortcoming (or something like that)?   Answer Question

Interview

Application process is long- first step is filling out the application, second step is an online timed case study, third step is individual interview, fourth step is group interview/activity. I only made it to the individual interview. Interviewer was friendly and relaxed, but apparently they just record your answers and put them into a computer. So the next step must be divided by some sort of algorithm. Interviewer told me that they look for people with diverse backgrounds but I'm not sure that's the case, as I have no education policy experience and was not advanced.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all pretty canned- toughest one was probably "Describe a time when you dealt with ambiguity?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in February 2014.

Interview

After completing the initial application and a critical thinking exercise, participated in a phone interview. Next step will be group interview. Questions were as expected - describe a time you implemented change, when was a time you went above and beyond what was expected, how did you handle a time when you conflicted with a fellow group member, etc

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when expectations changed, how you handled it and what were the outcomes   Answer Question

Summer Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

1. Telephonic 2. Group Case 3. Partner organization. Had an online case to be solved from home as well. First 2 rounds mentioned here are very brisk and well managed. but once they give an offer, it depends entirely on the availability of partner organizations for you to be actually matched. This usually means a lot of uncertainty.

Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty clear process - apply online, if they are interested they will follow up with a request for you to do an online critical thinking case study exercise. Then, a 30-60 min phone interview, then you may be selected for an in person group interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a solution or change your proposed, how was it received by your peers and what kind of impact did the change have (and how did you measure it)   Answer Question

Interview

1.) Application, 2.) 90 minute online assessment (3 questions -- the first was an in depth case study about helping a school increase parent involvement, the second was what motivates me to work in education, and the third was why education pioneers), 3.) in depth phone/in person interview (which you get is random, so if you get a phone interview, it doesn't mean you are any less qualified). 4.) Group interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Probably the question in step two about the case, mostly because it was timed.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Education Pioneers in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online first and then got the critical thinking test online. If you pass these two steps, you will have a chance to do an in-depth phone interview. Finally a group interview to analyze a real case. Wait for the offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you implement a plan in your professional life when the circumstance is not clear?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Columbus, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

There was an online application, then an exercise, then a phone interview. I did not advance from the phone interview to the final interview. The questions were rather vague and did not ask about specifics. They wanted to know about my investment in working in education. I wondered if maybe it is possible to be TOO qualified for this job - I was a TFA alumni and had extensive experience working in education. They might want someone who is coming in from the outside, so to speak.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty working with another person   1 Answer

Graduate School Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Education Pioneers (Nashville, TN) in December 2013.

Interview

Writing prompt to assess your critical thinking/analytical/problem solving abilities, Phone, and then Group Interview. The writing prompt is sent though a link which is timed. Phone interview is with an alumni, and once you pass this stage you are called in to specific cities for the group interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: behavioral questions: tell me about a time when you led a team during a conflict or a challenge that you overcame?   Answer Question

National Programs Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Education Pioneers.

Interview

Was given to do some analysis and then personality questions

Interview Questions

• Sample analysis of excel and graphing - not really that hard   1 Answer