Education Pioneers

www.educationpioneers.org

Education Pioneers Summer Fellowship Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Fellowship Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers in February 2012.

it is a multi-staged process, that includes an online resume assessment, a written application, and a group interview. with their emphasis on data analytic, it's no surprise that they are looking for people with good, solid quant experience. i made it to the group interview round, but did not get an offer.

but, in talking to friends who were extended offers, it seems like the main weakness is EP's job placement process. you definitely take a leap of faith that you will get a position somewhere. all of my friends who were extended offers went through at least a 6 week process of uncertainty. i have one friend who was hired as an 10 month analyst, but they ultimately weren't able to place him and he had to leave the process.

Interview Questions
  • the group interview is definitely a chance to show how well you play with others.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Education Pioneers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers in January 2010.

I applied online after a friend had recommended me to the program. The online application consisted of an essay (which you have one week to complete) and questions about previous experience. After passing on to the next round, I was called in for a one-on-one interview (approximately 45 minutes long) where the interviewers asked basic behavioral and experiential questions. A few weeks later I was invited to the all-day group interview where candidates were broken into groups and asked to work through a case together. The day focused on working as a team and establishing a common culture. A week later I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you disagreed with a group decision.   Answer Question

Summer Fellowship Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Education Pioneers in February 2012.

I submitted my resume and the initial application online. For the summer fellowship if you are advanced to the next round you receive a link to complete a timed case study. The case study gives a brief scenario and lists 4-5 essay questions you have to answer. You only have about an hour and 45 min to finish the case study and submit it which was really tight for the exercise and given the word constraint on the essay (300-400 words). If you're applying for the summer fellowship or the year-long program you receive a case study. However, applicants to the analyst fellowship receive a time excel exercise. After submitting the case study about a week and a half later I received an email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasts an hour and focuses on behavioral questions from your past work experience. After the 1 on 1 interview I received an email less than a week later to attend the group interview. The group interview consisted of a group case study and presentation which culminated in a written exercise where you detailed how you felt the group process went and required that you outline your contributions and the challenges in your group. The group atmosphere was laid-back and not competitive in general. There is a mixer following the group interview that is supposed to include alumni, however, I didn't (neither did the other applicants I talked to) see any alumni at the mixer even though it was in a major city with a large alumni base. After the group interview I received an offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you have to roll out a new process and garner support from your peers.   Answer Question