Educational Testing Service Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2015

2.8

Research Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

The interview was very casual and made you feel comfortable. There were about 3 people on the line who asked questions. They asked questions like "Tell me about yourself, what do you know about ETS, why should we hire you, and etc. As the interview continued, they asked questions pertaining to my resume and research that I've done in the past. At first I was very nervous, but with time and as the interview progressed the interviewers made you feel very comfortable. Prep, ask yourself questions and do your research on the organization.

Assessment Specialist I Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Educational Testing Service.

I submitted by CV through a contact and was invited for an all-day interview. There was one hour with HR, one hour with the group director, one hour with potential colleagues, one hour with the whole group where I also had the chance to get some insights into a regular work day, work-life balance, etc., 1/2 hour group lunch with the whole department to check social skills during lunch, and most importantly there was one hour where I had to take a test, revise multiple-choice items and then talk about them with potential future colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was alright, people were nice and made me feel comfortable; content wise there was no real difficult question.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Standard over the phone interview asking questions specific to the job title

TOEFLiBT Rater Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Educational Testing Service.

There is no interview. The hiring process is done entirely online - ETS will send you documents to digitally read and sign, and you will have to pass a certification test after reading/watching a tutorial. You will then have a guided/mentored scoring session, where your work will be closely monitored and you will be carefully advised. Every four hours of every shift you will also have to calibrate, a little five-question check to make sure that you're aware of the parameters of different scores, and you are subject to random checks throughout your shifts, just to make sure that you keep scoring accurately, and your superiors will provide feedback to keep you on track. The inital phase of hiring does take quite some time, though - they take their sweet time sending out and verifying documents.

Interview Questions
    • The first time you score is pretty stressful, especially since you feel like, if you get it wrong, you won't pass certification and will lose the job.   View Answer
    No negotiation. I didn't even know what my salary would be until I was already working for them. It's all very opaque.

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Educational Testing Service in March 2014.

Regular phone interview by my future mentors. They asked me about the projects on my resume, and investigate the breadth and depth of my domain knowledge, and regular conversation on my current research topic and the progress.

Interview Questions
    • just normal research questions which frequently emerges in my projects.   Answer Question

Assessment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

HR (known as SWS here) is part of the interview process even though most of those people have no clue what the day-to-day job entails. The hiring process is not always fair and depends a lot on personal gut reactions and minutia.

Interview Questions
    It was like "take it or leave it," and I needed the job.

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Received email invite to interview. Was sent an interview schedule via email. Met with HR and then a 3 person panel.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Standard phone screening and in person interview with hiring manager. Typical process.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate much

Assessment Specialist I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Applied to job online, waited about 2 weeks for an interview. Met with HR rep and took basic skills test first, then met with panel. Pretty straight forward.

Statistical Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

45 minute phone interview, followed by a 45 minute interview with a panel of 3 data analysis managers and HR Recruiter

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult SAS programming issue you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question