Educational Testing Service Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

Rater Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

The process was quite simple actually. I simply provided resume when I applied. There was not a great deal of paperwork and it was all pretty straightforward. They gathered all the info they needed from me via email.

Online TOEFL Rater Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The interview process is basically a test online. You receive the opportunity to train and get paid for the training as well as the test. The training is online. You access a set of materials to read in order to understand the format of the tests, the rubrics, and how to navigate the online tools. All the training and interviewing is done online. You don't have a standard interview where a person asks you typical interview questions, which is great, because you can be a great interviewer but a lousy employee. The interview is basically a test to evaluate the skills you will be using if you are employed. You are given two opportunities to take the test. You are allowed as much time as you need to practice.

Interview Questions

• The questions are your ability to properly score online tests using a set of rubrics. You need to score the tests within a specific range of accuracy in order to pass the test. The questions are basically a trail run of scoring oral responses to prompts. It may appear to be an easy task but it is not easy. You need to score based on a rubric and each strand of the rubric is unique. In order to score fairly you need to be very aware of the rubric strands and listen to the prompts having all the strands in front of you so you can determine the final score. These tests are very important for the test takers so it is very important that you score accurately.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They have a set salary.

ETS Rater Online Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

Was no interview. Couldn't talk to someone if my life depended on it. Submitted 1-9 info, took a few 3 hour tests, and waited about 2 months to start working on the ELA CAASP testing. I have applied for several other grading positions that I feel fit my qualifications better but have not heard back. If you are in a position where you can wait to make money, its not a bad gig. I couldn't live of of this as my only income but the work is hard enough where I think it should be like that

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

There was a standard phone interview followed by an e-mail request to submit three writing samples, references, and official transcripts, before even getting the in-person interview. The in-person interview consists of several people, including the HR representative, current research assistant, research managers, and even someone from a different state who asked questions over the phone. It lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my technical skills, relevant experiences, how I prioritize tasks, and other standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

The interview was very casual and made you feel comfortable. There were about 3 people on the line who asked questions. They asked questions like "Tell me about yourself, what do you know about ETS, why should we hire you, and etc. As the interview continued, they asked questions pertaining to my resume and research that I've done in the past. At first I was very nervous, but with time and as the interview progressed the interviewers made you feel very comfortable. Prep, ask yourself questions and do your research on the organization.

Assessment Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

I submitted by CV through a contact and was invited for an all-day interview. There was one hour with HR, one hour with the group director, one hour with potential colleagues, one hour with the whole group where I also had the chance to get some insights into a regular work day, work-life balance, etc., 1/2 hour group lunch with the whole department to check social skills during lunch, and most importantly there was one hour where I had to take a test, revise multiple-choice items and then talk about them with potential future colleagues.

Interview Questions

• The interview was alright, people were nice and made me feel comfortable; content wise there was no real difficult question.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

I met with three people who do they same job that I was interviewing for. Review my background and project experience. A review of business analysis knowledge and techniques. What kinds of problems have you run into in your career and how did you solve them? I normally do not like group interviews but they all put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with XML?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Educational Testing Service.

Interview

be prepared well for tech. details and oral presentation, do a research for the company before interview, speak slow, don't fill the silence, be sure to ask questions as more as possible, always smile

Statistical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Educational Testing Service (Princeton, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online, received a call and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was around 20 min, and received an on site interview invitation. Three interviewers and the on site interview last for around 30 min. Two of the interviews I would say are somewhat serious and seldom smile. Nearly no technical questions, all behavioral questions.

IT Intern Interview

Interview

Standard over the phone interview asking questions specific to the job title